Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
New Fan

Degrassi characters forgotten but not really

Alrighty guys so i am new to all this and i did not see a thread on this so post about the characters like i have listed below

Caitlin she like disappeared for a couple of seasons then came back for like one episode then she just disappeared again. it was kinda like the Degrassi writers needed at storyline so they said lets bring back Caitlin lol.

Jesse appeared like John said just to give ellie her job as editor then he too disappeared never to be seen again. Ellie and Jesse were like a filler couple just so she could be with someone at the time so that she would not be single and it would look like they were actually doing something with her character.

Damien was basically dropped after season 7. The odd thing is that he was a major character in that season with the whole degrassi and lakehurst separation thing he was even in the theme song. He never though actually got a major storyline like all the other characters all his storylines involved girls.

Matt oleander was also a character who seemed to go MIA he after season 4 Matt was never seen again and i would have liked to see more storylines with him and paige or maybe learn more about his character.

Griffin
dropped of the face of the earth as soon as Ellie Paige and Marco left the show. Being HIV positive i would have LOVED to learn more about him and his disease and his relationship with Paige i was truly disappointed that they dropped this great of a character from the show!!!

Joey
was someone who i did not care if i never saw him again. even though he was a big character i did not care for his character he always seemed i dont know boring i could neevr really get in to his storylines or relate to them

Kendra has not been seen or mentioned since like season 5 being Spinner's sister i thought they would have continued using or talking about her but they enevr did it seems as if the writers forgot about her and then just stopped using her for episodes

Tracker was someone who i also wanted to learn more about like was he like Sean when he was younger and did his parents give up on him when he was younger i was really disappointed when he left

Amberley also known as Ellie's old roomate hahaha boy did i not care for her she was ovverleyh annoying and pointless i am so glad she went MIA

Terri... sorry guys but i HATED Terri she was annoying and always up in everyone's business i wanted to hit her. and is it true that she went to private school?
xosellie4evaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Caitlin was always very likable in my opinion. I think they kept her on D:TNG in addition to Joey, Snake and Spike because they wanted to keep the older viewers who still wanted to see the characters they grew up with.

Jessie was kind of just... there for awhile. I'm pretty sure someone out there likes/liked him and ships Jessie/Ellie, but I still have yet to find out who that person is.

Damien was a snake. Very unattractive and hard to look at. I don't know how Emma and Liberty let him come between them and threaten their friendship. And of all the boyfriends Manny has had, why did she even look in his direction twice?

Matt Oleander was also a pointless character. Don't really know of any fans of him or Matt/Paige. The pot thing was funny though.

Griffin was developing into a shady person. When Jimmy asked him about where he got the music he was going to perform with, he told him not to worry about it. Then he tells Paige he's HIV positive after having sex with her? Talk about a horrible, life changing decision that can really take a toll on a person. I would have liked to see how things would have turned out for Paige in that area, but I'm glad his character was dropped. Barely interesting and a little too underhanded.

Joey also provided the comic relief for me. I liked his interactions with Caitlin, Craig, Angela and a couple of his other girlfriends. You probably couldn't relate to Joey because he's a nearly middle aged man while I'm assuming you're a teenage girl.

Kendra was really sweet. Her relationship with Toby was so cute and innocent. I wish they had either explained where she went or kept her on the show. Much more likable than a lot of the new girls.

Tracker was pretty cool. As Sean's older brother, he had a limited amount of cameos. I think they could have done a lot more with his character if they had chosen to.

Amberley was intended to be a small stint. That's why they had her acting that way and taking a little too much control. In the same episode, we met her, disliked her and she kicked Ellie out of the dorm and we never heard from or saw her again.

Terri was an okay character. I think Christina could have stayed on the show a little bit longer, but I guess modeling was her true passion. No matter her size, Terri was a nice girl. She was a realistic character and a good friend to Ashley. She also connected with Jimmy and Craig at one point. Her dating violence storyline was portrayed well and accurately brought the dangers of such a relationship to light in the form of a teen drama. She certainly wasn't my favorite, but I would have liked to see more of her. I can't imagine why anyone would hate her.
Apparently she went to private school and Paige (or was it Ashley?) was corresponding with her via email.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread