Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wasn't expecting Papa Bhandari to interact with Dallas so I enjoyed that quite a bit. He is kind of an obvious choice but I still felt the heartstrings tug when he mentioned that Dallas is that guy who was with Alli when she was on uppers...then melted with their conversation about dealing with racism. He is a good father figure to have in his life.

I like these two but there is a part of me that wishes Alli would be a bit slower when it comes to dating. But maybe this will bring us a chance to see how a girl copes with a relationship after an abusive relationship? Are there moments when she will be fearful of Dallas? How will he react?
Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't really disagree about Alli being single for a bit, but we know there are certain characters who will either always be in a relationship, or be in a build up to a relationship and Alli is one of those. The fact that the build up was so long in this case also doesn't hurt.

I'd like to see them explore the idea of her being tentative around Dallas in certain situations. I hadn't thought about that, but now that you mentioned it, it's something I really hope they do.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I'm pretty forgiving of the fact that Alli is dating again. We got a couple plots where she is hesitant and things move quick on Degrassi. I liked the blend of the Alli and Dallas perspectives in "Everything is Everything." The end shot of Alli raising the trophy in the air was an interesting but satisfying choice. It felt good to see things going well for her but on the other hand it was a Dallas centric episode so you'd think it would conclude on him. But everything worked out well for them both. They both had some personal triumphs.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Dallas and Alli have a normal relationship . Iiked the scene's with her dad alot those were great
Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
Dallas and Alli have a normal relationship . Iiked the scene's with her dad alot those were great
"The question isn't whether to fight, but how." - the scene with Mr. Bhandari sharing his experiences with racism is going to stick with me for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I'd like to see them explore the idea of her being tentative around Dallas in certain situations. I hadn't thought about that, but now that you mentioned it, it's something I really hope they do.
I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I want to see this so bad and find myself imagining situations for them. Dallas is a bit of a hothead so how is Alli going to react when she sees him angry? Maybe it is after his sports team loses and he punches a locker? Or if he is upset with her...not violent at her but just using an angry tone and that triggers her memories? And is he going to feel insulted seeing that she is scared? Worried that she thinks he will abuse her? And of course we have to see it explained why she feels that way and what she will do about it (therapy anyone?). It could be really interesting to see both of them deal with that situation.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wonder if we will see them together at Wild Wild West Night. Maybe there will be some cute couple-y moments in the background?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ah these two. one of my otps.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Came across this gif set the other day:

Source.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope next season brings more happiness for them
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Addicted Fan

The discussion in the Connor/Jenna thread got me thinking about these two. With Alli possibly going to MIT and Dallas possibly running a business with Drew plus having to consider Rocky. I look forward to seeing what happens with these two as well.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I still am really hoping for a plot where Alli is afraid of Dallas because of her relationship with Leo. No break up but just some confusion because he thinks she is afraid of her. But maybe the trophy raise was meant to be the end of the Alli abuse plot.

Before Dallas exits the show I hope we hear about what happens with Rocky!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like these two since that picture surfaced and the promo.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

they look so happy
Old 10-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Will these two be endgame? Or will university split them up? Will their different future paths be a huge conflict? I was going to say that these two might have a chance of being endgame but they might part their separate ways. I just hope it is peaceful and open ended!

source.