Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked her storyline last night when she tried to get everyone together.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Last night's episode. . . I was so relieved, she was back to her old self. I hadn't even realized it had been so long since we had the old Clare.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Not only is Clare finally back on track but it seems like she's making an effort to take care of herself while looking out and noticing those around her. For a long time Clare's been off balance when it comes to this. Either she's so devoted to others she lets people walk all over her or she starts focusing on her own issues and gets blinded to everyone else's. But tonight proved that she can finally do both and I do think that's important. Especially in regards to her relationship with Eli, things went bad when she let Eli push his own agenda too much and that's no good. So now, I think those two will be a lot better off.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im really liking where her storyline is going
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

How did I not know there was a Clare appreciation board?

May I please be added to the list?

Many thanks to hot vanilla for my avatar!
literarylolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Sure thing~
Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

So does anyone have any predictions based on just the Bite Your Tongue promo? I for one hpe that Clare has a nice relaxing season and that she have as little drama as possible although she has proved that when push comes to shove she can be a little hellraiser when someone is being mean or offensive to her friends ( ex: her standing up to Shep on behalf of Connor).
eclecticSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

To me it looks like she's just kind of caught in the midst of all the drama. Like she herself isn't involved in any, at least it doesn't look like she is, but she might get stuck in the middle or maybe she'll try to play peacemaker?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

I think it means that it might fall on her to take on a leadership role within the school this year. That would be cool and match the way she ended the season with her taking on the Newspaper and everything. It sure seems like Clare's taking a step back from the drama and focusing on some different things. I'm really excited to see her spending some girl time with Alli and Jenna. I miss that trio. Maybe all three girls will chill out this season. The finale sorta felt like a new beginning to set the stage for where Clare will be in S12 and I like what I saw of that
Old 06-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

If the fight is between homophobes of the religious variety (ex. Linus) and the LGBT students than I can see Clare taking a position of peacemaker since she is Christian yet she is nt judgemental. I believe if it does go down the was I picture it it will be like what happened in Season 5 but on a much larger scale and it will help differentiate even more the difference between Clare and Darcy.

Darcy stood in the sidelines and let the thing with Jesus Club happen. She did not take a stand one way or another but I feel that Clare will genuinely try and change people's perceptions and bring about change. To this day my favorite Clare quote is what she said to Adam in My body is a Cage.
Quote:
"You don't have to change who you are, everyone else does."
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

^ It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
The finale sorta felt like a new beginning to set the stage for where Clare will be in S12 and I like what I saw of that
Maybe they're setting Clare up to be the Student Council President sometime in the future?

I missed the Jenna/Clare/Alli friendship too though.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Well if this LGBT bashing storyline plays out with the entire school I don't think there's any doubt which side Clare will be on. But it's true that if she's in some kind of official leadership position (or even an unofficial position) she might have to put those feelings aside in order to resolve things. I think that would be a great storyline for Clare. But if she's having personal troubles this year it could also end up adding a lot of pressure and stressing her out.

I could see Clare being president although I was sorta thinking that title would go to Dave since he's been involved student government from the start- literally since his first line- but maybe we'd have a Dave/Clare pres/vice pres duo? Or a heated campaign between the two... probably arguing over who gets Adam as their running mate
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I wonder what they will do with Clare. I mean she always seems to be more of a follower. She has been in yearbook and the newspaper and Declan's play but always in the background helping. I do sense that she has grown a lot but I'm not quite sure she is the HBIC type (at least not in the way that Liberty and Holly J were they wanted to be involved since the beginning).

Maybe this storyline will set her up to be that since she will see that there are a lot of injustices done in school and she will want to be in a position to help out those in need. She will be the kind of HBIC with a cause since she seems to thrive and speak out when it comes to helping others.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

I don't know Clare's not really HBIC material. But I don't think that makes her a follower. What was so obvious to me in S9 to S10 was that Clare is an outsider but she never knew exactly where to fall. But when she found Eli and Adam she was able to find a group she was really comfortable in. Look at Clare and Alli they're close friends but they have completely different goals. If anything Alli is more the HBIC type. If they're trying to make anyone into HBIC now it's probably Katie but it doesn't really work probably because Katie isn't a good leader. Marisol falls into that role easier.

But just because she's not HBIC doesn't mean she can't be a leader. I see Clare taking on a role that's more like Sav. He was a great leader but he wasn't obvious about it. He followed his beliefs and he helped people two things Clare also strives to do. So there's different routes to leadership and I think that's the kind of path Clare is on.
Reply   Post New Thread