Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Adam/Jordan Todosey #1

Thought I'd make a thread for Degrassi's newest character, Adam, because I'm super pumped for the storyline. I'm a fan of Jordan from Life with Derek so I'm so glad I'll be seeing her in Degrassi now!

So far, all we seem to know is that Adam will probably be a boy who wants to be a girl. The new Degrassi carnival promo shows him looking into a series a mirrors and seeing a girl, while the character is dressed as a boy. Should be a really great, new storyline from Degrassi.

Hopefully I'll have a lot more to add to the thread once the new season starts... sorry it looks so plain now!

Supporters:
1. Tryst
2. vivalalove
3. Nekoshoujo
4. kaleidocat
5. scsdegrassifan
6. ShineSoBright23
7. regiusachan
8. nanatsuiro-rainbow
9. Benji
10. Tobiko
11. TransAdam
12. AdamandEliForever

Last edited by Tryst; 07-06-2010 at 09:33 PM
Old 05-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm also intrigued. The writers seemed to have lost ideas with the flood of new characters that were basically copies of previous characters. But this character will definitely take the show in a new direction. I also liked watching Jordan on LWD and hope she does well in this role.

So you can add me. I already get the feeling that Adam will be a big part of season ten!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely looking forward to seeing Jordan on the show, I thought she was adorable on LWD. I think Adam sounds very promising so far, from the little that we know, but it's still a bit premature to really tell how things will unfold. I did enjoy Jordan/Adam's part in the new promo though, and I too, think she'll be a big part of season 10.

I don't want to be added to the list just yet, but once the season starts, I may want to jump on the bandwagon.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

You can go ahead and add me already! I'm so excited for Adam it's not even funny. I love Jordan and I know she's going to knock this out of the park!

Her part in the promo was fantastic!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Added you both!

Yeah, I usually don't get all excited for a character before I've seen them on the show, but since I've seen Jordan before, and I think the storyline is something new for Degrassi, I can't help but be into it. The promo definitely solidified it for me, that part and Fiona's were my favorites.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you for making this thread Callie! I'm really excited for her character too. I think Adam sounds like a very promising character and it's a fresh direction for the show. It's hard to speculate right now, but I think you are right about Adam being introduced as a male character who wants to be a girl. Although when I first saw the promo vid for Etalk, I thought Adam was a tomboy-ish character, going with a boy's name. Which makes no sense now that I think about it. I think there was just some confusion over the actress? Can't wait for season 10 now! That new carnival video is sure to bring in more fans. Still stunned after seeing that. Adam's part was one of my favorites too.

Add me!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

What I want to know is if Mrs. Coyne will invite Adam over for dinner?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
What I want to know is if Mrs. Coyne will invite Adam over for dinner?

I so badly want a scene with the two of them. Somehow, someway... I don't even care why.

Yeah I think Adam, Fiona, and the creepy Clare/Eli scene were tops for me. I have to admit she looked gorgeous in her girly mirror look....
Old 05-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

can i be added im not realy excited for any new degrassi kids but adam!!

JT "yeah but that was before youre hot step-sizzle dumped his a**-sizzle oh" lol so cute
Old 05-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

If Mrs. Coyne invites Adam to a dinner party, then Sully should come back!

I know they don't usually give new characters season premieres, but I started to wonder if Adam would get it. I mean, "What a Girl Wants" sounds like the perfect title for his situation.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
If Mrs. Coyne invites Adam to a dinner party, then Sully should come back!

I know they don't usually give new characters season premieres, but I started to wonder if Adam would get it. I mean, "What a Girl Wants" sounds like the perfect title for his situation.
OMG! Yes I forgot about him. haha, and then we can have Micheal Seater crash the party to talk about the film he made with Manny in Hollywood.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh add me! i'm excited to see her on degrassi!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow haha, I totally missed that Joy was on Degrassi. I kept wondering who you guys were talking about until more LWD actors were brought up. I'd love a scene with all of them!

Re: What A Girl Wants... hmm, I'd say it's possible! The title does sound good for Adam's storyline, but could also be some lame relationship storyline. But I think Degrassi tends to have more dramatic openers? Which makes me lean more towards the side of it having to do with Adam. I think it would be a good way to start the season, actually.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

It definitely would attract more viewers and bring loads more drama. I could see Adam befriending Fiona...they're both different. I wonder how he'll fit in. Hopefully they try to have fun with this storyline but remain realistic with the situation. I'm rooting for Adam and hoping he gets the season opener!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That would be amazing if Adam got the season premiere! It's certainly something that would grab a lot of attention from the fans and the media.

Storytime: When I saw that much music behind the scenes thing, I didn't know the actor was a girl. Because of her name. I thought he was cute, for a boy. Pretty sure, but not as pretty as Sam Earle. But Jordan was gorgeous in the shot of her dressed up as a girl in the carnival promo. Basically what I'm saying is I like the androgyny the actress has. But man was it weird to watch clips of her in LWD and think, that's her?