Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

" you smile and say the world doesn't fit with you"

What doesn't fit with you?

*Little girls who dress like they are Britney Spears. You should not see a six year old girl in a miniskirt and a top that looks like it has been made for an eighteen year old then shrunk.

* When people compare you to your sibling or best friend. It's like "Look, I love them to death but I aren't them. Give it up."

* When people lie to your face when you ask them about something...it would be easier if they were just straight up.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

When people see me as someone so different from who I really am and yet they say it to my face as though they got me all figured out. It's like listening to them describe a stranger.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

* the people who are in the selected cliched punk crowd who are just as sterotypical as the teeny boopers they make fun of and won't admitt to it. theres no difference. the 'teeny boppers' shop exclusivly at banana republic, the 'punks' shop exclusivly at 'hot topic'. i just want these groups to wake up and notice that they are not 'different' or 'alternative'. They are still cliched and sterotypical, just in a different medium.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

When people think they know you so well, yet they don't. It's like, why are you trying to tell me who I am? You have no idea.

I also agree with you said, Monroe about the "punks". They are just about as cliche as the "teeny boppers" so what makes them think they are so much better then them? I also hate it when people try to be different just to be different, because they don't want to "follow the crowd". Okay, I can understand that but if you like miniskirts and all of a sudden miniskirts become popular, that doesn't mean you have to hate them now. They're on a quest to be so "unique" that they're not even being themselves anymore.

---Violet :smurf:
Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
* When people compare you to your sibling or best friend. It's like "Look, I love them to death but I aren't them. Give it up."
Ack, that always happens to me People are constantly saying I look like my little sister (she's 15) and I sort of see it but on the other hand? I totally don't. We're definitely not similar enough that it makes sense that people would confuse us. I love her and all, but NO.

Another thing that bugs me sometimes, is how certain people perceive me - they've really got it all wrong A lot of those people are people I went to high school with, and they look at me and see quiet, shy....the surface of the same person they saw in seventh grade. They never bothered to look beyond that - so they don't even realized that even my surface has changed since then I guess in a way I'm faintly amused by it but it bothers me that sometimes I get a feeling of condescension coming from them. Eh, whatever.
e. e. cummings - somewhere i have never traveled
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

-When your "boss" acts all superior to you and tries to make you feel dumb, when you've had more education then they have... just not in the field you're working in. My boss does this to me all the time "Don't talk to the parents. You don't know how to word things right." I just want to smack her upside the head and say "How many classes did you take? How many units do you have under your belt? What 15? I have 80 units... I can tell you when Blue Boy was painted and the difference between Monet and Manet and talk to anyone about the truth of Christopher Colombus." I just can't talk to parents.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Violet Blues
When people think they know you so well, yet they don't. It's like, why are you trying to tell me who I am? You have no idea.

exactly!

CrazyJoey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Supreme Fan

My friend just recently got hired at this store called Hollister. It's a very preppy, "California-style" clothes store, for anyone who doesn't know. Anyway, we were reading this huge handbook that he received and it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my entire life. They tell you exactly how to dress and act (i.e., "you may not have any facial hair," "you must wear Hollister style clothes," "the Hollister girl is an outgoing, unique girl..." "the Hollister guy is a cool surfer guy...", etc.). My point is, anyway, this whole idea of pretending to be "unique," so they say, when all these materialistic people are exactly the same--that certainly doesn't fit with me.

-Trish
*perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

-When people keep asking me if I'm married yet. There's nothing that says you have to be married by a certain age.

-When people feel they have to conform to a certain style or way of thinking just to fit in.

-When people keep bragging about themselves.

-When people assume you're a snob just because you're quiet and shy.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

- When people sterotype you just because of your heritage and where you came from.

- People that get there panties in a bunch about other people wearing a type of clothing or being in a crowd. It's like whatever wear what you want do what you want. Why have a problem with someone else? Leave um alone.

- When people look down you you becuase of mistake that a parent of sibling made. Just becuase people in your family make mistakes doesn't mean you have.

- Girls that think becuase you hang out with boys you must be sleeping with them all. Hello girls and guys can be friends.

- Yup little kids in mini skirts. I think when you reach 16 wear what you want but when you are 6 it is just plain wrong for a parent to allow a child to wear that.

- Peeps that think being a outsider and not fitting in with the popular crowd and getting tattoos and pericings is being unquie when it isn't there are loads of people doing that.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Monroe
* the people who are in the selected cliched punk crowd who are just as sterotypical as the teeny boopers they make fun of and won't admitt to it. theres no difference. the 'teeny boppers' shop exclusivly at banana republic, the 'punks' shop exclusivly at 'hot topic'. i just want these groups to wake up and notice that they are not 'different' or 'alternative'. They are still cliched and sterotypical, just in a different medium.
Mall shopping is mall shopping no matter what store you go in.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Jay
Master Fan

yea girls dressing like BS ticks me off. god...i'm like thinking what's happening to our generation.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

People getting drunk every weekend and throwing up along the side of the street, then later they brag about it to their friends.

Some people were bragging last night about puking after they got drunk and I truly rolled my eyes at them. What on earth is so fun about that? Real good thing to be proud of.

Right.
Dances With Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *perfect
"the Hollister girl is an outgoing, unique girl..."
Hollister is probably the least unique store you could possibly find. It's American Eagle, only everything is more cheaply made and more likely to fall apart.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
*Little girls who dress like they are Britney Spears. You should not see a six year old girl in a miniskirt and a top that looks like it has been made for an eighteen year old then shrunk.
ITA. I was helping out at a Halloween party once, and there were about three families that had girls dressed up like little popstars. Tight purple belly shirts and sparkly pants. It was disgusting. They were yuppies.

Quote:
Again, ITA. See Frankie from The Real World.

Something that doesn't fit with me... it's general, but people who make assumptions.