Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:24 PM
New Fan

Why does everything have to coincide?

I'm going to be 20 in a month. And all my favourite tv shows like Buffy, Angel etc that were a part of my teenage years are now all finished, and all the actors are working separately in other things. It's annoying how life has to have these, not signs exactly, but events that reflect your life and tell you you're getting older. I don't want to be bloody 20! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] In one years time I have to face the real world.

I think I'm going to go to Hollywood. And be in films.
aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

No kidding.

I feel like i'm in a Jet Li movie.

Like everything is coming at me from every angle,...

cept

I am Jet Li.

So i know i'm going to win.

Just might take a long, long time.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hmmm...I wonder how you are gonna react when you turn 30...or 40... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go to Hollywood and take your chances. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

There are a lot of worse things than Buffy being taken off the air! Turning 20 is no big deal. Graduating college and entering the real world IS a big deal. You have a few more years to relax.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:11 PM
New Fan

Lol - well it wasn't so much Buffy. I think turning 20 is just reminding me of my carefree childhood of which I spent a lot of that reponsibility-free time watching it with my friends and going to cinema and swimming etc I know, I know - it's more about the fact that I have no clue what job I want to do or where I'm going, and turning 20 just reminds me of the fact that I don't know. I'm doing great at uni, but I don't know what I want to do after that and I'm a bit flustered at that. So I'm having a bit of a crisis. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

I think I know just what you mean about turning 20 because I felt the same way when I did.

It's a feeling that isn't easy to describe but it's like the changing of an era that you don't feel at all ready for. And all of the signs and symbols (like beloved TV shows) ending at the same time, can make the impact even more poignant.

Change can be painful, especially so when previous years have held sadness or trauma.

Something I've learned about the passage of time, though, is that it can be kinder than we expect and that the deadlines ("one years time I have to face the real world") we place on ourselves are more arbitrary than we could have imagined and more tenuous than we might expect.

The important thing is the day--just each single day. As long as you're doing the best that you can with the day, everything else will sort itself out eventually.

This crisis will pass, and you'll be the wiser for having examined the process while you're going through it. From the times we've talked in the past on FF, you've always seemed to me to be a person who takes careful stock and who thinks things through. That will be very much to your benefit now.

And if life is sending you some rain clouds, don't miss the chance to splash up some puddles along the way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I believe that you'll weather this storm just fine.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker:
<STRONG>No kidding.

I feel like i'm in a Jet Li movie.

Like everything is coming at me from every angle,...

cept

I am Jet Li.

So i know i'm going to win.

Just might take a long, long time.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I like that analogy. It's very ... poetic..?
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

20 is a great age.

Enjoy it!
Victrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

I cannot believe that on May 25 I will be turning 20. Me. Bella. 20. What the eff? It's insane. You know when you are still in primary school and you look up to teenagers and think they are so big and grown up and then you become one yourself and its like '20 is so old'. Well, Im nearly there. Im nearly 20. And I don't feel any older than I did when I was 16. It's weird how a person's perceptions evolve and change as one gets older.
Now that I am 19 and have friends that are 20, it doesnt seem as 'grown up and mature' as it did when I thought about it when I was 13. It still 'sounds' older but doesnt 'seem' old. Does that make sense? Oh well. Apparently ages 19-29 are the prime years of our life. And although Ive had a kickass time living life so far I guess the best is yet to come.

Hmm I think Im having a late-teen crises LOL
..:Welcome to Breaktown:..
*BeLLa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hey I am 21 and it isn't that bad. I love being 21 it is a coolness age. 20 is nothing to stress about but I see what you mean I was like that for a while when I turned 20 coz I loved my teen years but I then thing hey I am gonna love my 20's.

Forget how old you are and live life make it great.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio:
<STRONG>There are a lot of worse things than Buffy being taken off the air! </STRONG>
HERESY! Your going to hell for that! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

A girl I work with cried when she turned 20. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Seriously though, don't think of everything you're leaving behind but rather all the things that are left to experience. You have more freedom and you can make your own decisions.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

18 was a hard age for me. That was the age when everything just started changing. I'm 20 now, and I'm going to be 21 in October, and I'm not feeling the same sense of dread that I did when I turned 18.

I wasn't your average kid. I didn't really want to grow up.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm with Bella...I'm turning twenty in March and hell scared. It sounds so old. I'm having fun being nineteen. Nineteen is a nice age. Eighteen was better because you didn't have to say "next year I will be twenty."

i think Brand New were right when they wrote
"I'm gonna stay eighteen forever and we're going to stay like this forever"
Old 05-01-2004, 10:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zydny:
<STRONG>I think I know just what you mean about turning 20 because I felt the same way when I did.

It's a feeling that isn't easy to describe but it's like the changing of an era that you don't feel at all ready for. And all of the signs and symbols (like beloved TV shows) ending at the same time, can make the impact even more poignant.

Change can be painful, especially so when previous years have held sadness or trauma.

The important thing is the day--just each single day. As long as you're doing the best that you can with the day, everything else will sort itself out eventually.

This crisis will pass, and you'll be the wiser for having examined the process while you're going through it. From the times we've talked in the past on FF, you've always seemed to me to be a person who takes careful stock and who thinks things through. That will be very much to your benefit now.

And if life is sending you some rain clouds, don't miss the chance to splash up some puddles along the way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I believe that you'll weather this storm just fine.</STRONG>
Thanks so much - you always know exactly what to say! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know I'll be freaking a little bit until the day but I think that after that I'll be fine. I'm not literally panicking; I'm not thrilled though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by *BeLLa*:
<STRONG>I cannot believe that on May 25 I will be turning 20. </STRONG>
Lol - Mine's the 24th Bella. I know why it is - it's because we're Geminis! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 05-01-2004: Message edited PassionWagon ]
Reply   Post New Thread