Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Who here believes in signs?

I'm talking about signs from the Universe that help you or guide you a certain way etc.

I've been thinking about it and it made me wonder how many people believe in it or how many people have experienced it.

And no, I'm not a hippie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Dances With Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Supreme Fan

well I'm not sure if I believe in those burning bush type signs that everyone always talks about in reference to religious study, but I'm definitely in league with the idea that the universe conspires to bring you to the place that you should be in your life. In the book The Alchemist they use the terms 'Personal Legend' and 'Omens'. I guess those would be good ways of saying it. I think that the things that happen around us indicate what we should do with the rest of our lives, and that ultimately the Universe wants everyone to find their rightful place, and allows omens to tell us what it is.

Did that make any sense? It did to me, but my convoluted idea of sensical is kind of confusing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend
AngelDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzan83:
<STRONG>I'm talking about signs from the Universe that help you or guide you a certain way etc.

</STRONG>
I thought you meant street signs. I believe in those. Just this afternoon, I saw a STOP sign, and I believed it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] J/K I'm just yankin' your chain. If I wasn't a smart-ass, y'all wouldn't recognize me at all.

But on a more serious note...

I believe that fate only takes a person so far. After that, it's up to the individual to choose which course his or her life will take. I believe more in 'free will.' I don't think that it's right to blame fate for your lot in life. Certainly, there are times when I believe the fates step in, but mostly, I put the responsibility on the person.

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I'm talking about signs from the Universe that help you or guide you a certain way etc.
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Well, you know that I believe in signs. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But I also know that they're hard to read and sometimes the signs can be so right but you have to wait a long time to find out where the road is leading you. There can be false turns and switchbacks and rocks in the pathway but you have to remember to keep following and moving ahead on trust.

Sometimes the things and people you may need to know are running on a road parallel to your own and you won't know what they are until the paths merge in the future. We can't always know what will happen but you have to keep going on the path that is your own. Others will travel the paths they need to follow.

Remember to spend at least part of your journey looking to the stars for hope. [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited zydny ]

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

usually, thought of late i've read them wrong.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

I think for the signs to be there, you have to make certain decisions first and decide how you want to proceed. I also agree that you may encounter a lot of obstacles in order to get to your goal...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zydny:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Well, you know that I believe in signs. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But I also know that they're hard to read and sometimes the signs can be so right but you have to wait a long time to find out where the road is leading you. There can be false turns and switchbacks and rocks in the pathway but you have to remember to keep following and moving ahead on trust.

Sometimes the things and people you may need to know are running on a road parallel to your own and you won't know what they are until the paths merge in the future. We can't always know what will happen but you have to keep going on the path that is your own. Others will travel the paths they need to follow.

Remember to spend at least part of your journey looking to the stars for hope. [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I think out of everyone (at FF), you were exactly what I needed and your post helped me a lot [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Thanks for being you, Zyd [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Dances With Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

I think out of everyone (at FF), you were exactly what I needed and your post helped me a lot [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Thanks for being you, Zyd [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Glad I could be in the right place at the right time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The best paths aren't easy or level or short, and those are the ones that help us to build emotional muscle, the ones that teach us to be wise in the use of our energy, and the ones that help us to learn patience in enduring all the trials all along the trail.

It's hard, very hard, to remember to be thankful for the tough stuff in life but being able to do that can keep you free of the fear that infects those who are afraid to take the journey with you.

I'm glad that you're here, too. [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

I strongly believe that signs (or coincidences, as I like to call them) play a part in the path that I choose to take. When I see someone I haven't seen in a long while, I'll think there must be a reason for that.
Or if I see somebody who looks familiar to me, I'll think that I should speak to that person. Because why did they trigger a memory? If it wasn't for a specific reason.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Addicted Fan

I've been doubting everything lately, but ultimately I do believe in signs. They don't always mean you'll have an instant solution to an issue, but if you pay attention to them you'll end up on the right path hopefully.

ETA - check out what number my reply is Suzy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Lexi A. ]

icon
Lexi A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I used to. I looked for them and embraced them. But, it got too much. I saw anvils dropping everywhere and there probably weren't any. I think I used them as symbols to justify my needs/wishes to myself. Now, I just try to trust life (and myself [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) more. Whatever should happen, will happen, right? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited -Daphne- ]

Icon credit: phoenix39 @ LJ
-Daphne- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I belive in signs ..I think there are things all around use. It has nothing to do with being a hippie. I've had awful feelings and things have gone worng or something awful happened.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Banned

Yes, I think that God (or Fate, whatever you call it) sends us signs to guide us through our lives. But it's hard to read them correctly or, even ot find them. Most of the times I look back at my mistakes and I realize that there were so many signs pointing me in the right direction, which I completely ignored. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
ALittaM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

i dont, no offence to how ever does but i think it is a load of rubbish to be honest but then again i believe in horascopes lol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] wierd aint it lol!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

It's horoscope, you know...
ALittaM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread