Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2020, 11:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

What other things keep sane during these times?

We all have different ways to cope with anxiety and/or depression in everyday lives, but this year it has been different since this pandemic started. Do this forum and the hobbies we share here keep you sane during this pandemic? If not, what other things you have done that helped you with it?
lvolume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

is a a basic thread in my life that has stayed the same and helps things remain steady and my life sane.

I also think Christmas has helped, too, as I've done a bit more decorating this year.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
is a a basic thread in my life that has stayed the same and helps things remain steady and my life sane.

I also think Christmas has helped, too, as I've done a bit more decorating this year.
I wish you well and this forum to stay for, what, 10 years 20 years more. Looking at Christmas lights while sitting in my backyard at night also makes me calm while reminiscing some good memories I've had.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yes, I love looking at Christmas lights.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am reading stuff about stress, anxiety and I bumped into this page (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s-anxiety.html). There are important information and links that might be useful to us individually, considering our situation right now.

I think our mental well-being is really important especially at this time. Sometimes I get frustrated with all these things we are feeling and I am having a hard time calming myself. And this forum and the things I read on that article and a few other good reads are indeed helpful.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Posting on , watching YouTube, and posting interesting things on Pinterest.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Watching Liverpool Football Club play.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvolume (View Post)
We all have different ways to cope with anxiety and/or depression in everyday lives, but this year it has been different since this pandemic started. Do this forum and the hobbies we share here keep you sane during this pandemic? If not, what other things you have done that helped you with it?
I hope that you were able to have fun this Christmas. As far as you feeling anxious during these holidays, try to video or telephone chat as much as possible with those loved ones, and within that discussion try to reminisce about Christmasses past when you were happy. Try finding gratitude that you are alive and well and so are your loved ones.

It always helps me to hold my kitty when I am feeling down or anxious. She senses that need and stays with me on that.

It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series.

Music, sending Christmas cards to others. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way?
novastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you @novastars for your wonderful thoughts! Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2020, 05:21 AM
New Fan

You're welcome lvolume! How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better now while you celebrate the New Year!
novastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm doing better now and I had fun this New Year's eve! I facetimed with my parents the whole night while I celebrate the New Year on my friend's place. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:21 AM
New Fan

I come from a huge family of very very sociable yapping dagos..........I long for loneliness during the holidays. Thank God they're over.
FlicksFlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I've spent a lot of time watching shows on Netflix that friends have recommended.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlicksFlan (View Post)
I come from a huge family of very very sociable yapping dagos..........I long for loneliness during the holidays. Thank God they're over.
Yeah, and we have vaccines here coming in a month. Best of luck to all of us.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

The vaccines are hard to come by here right now. I'm supposed to be able to get it during this phase, which began last week, since I'm an educator, but it's impossible to get an appointment

I have been spending a lot of time outside when the weather allows. I'm thankful we live on a little land, so I'm able to do that.