No doubt, I miss that as well.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

- not caring about what other children thought

- playing dolls and having no kens so all my barbies dated eachother

- playing kiss chasing and laughing about it

- playing with "theboys" and not having to justify the relationship!

- Cartoons
tinka28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

I miss the carefree-ness of it all. Going home everyday after school and playing (as opposed to doing homework), or even better, playing in kindergarten (and that was school!) I miss the way I had so much courage as a kid, and you could say anything on your mind and people would just dismiss it as being a kid. You didn't need to worry about the hyprocrisy and backstabbing that we now have because when you hated someone when you were a kid all you had to do was to annoy that pesron ceaselessly. Of course, you had to face punishment, but somehow it's better than pretending that you liked that person. I miss the way you'd get so many toys from your parents (now you gotta beg them for anything you want!) and the way life seemed like one big present waiting for you to open it and enjoy the surprises inside

But when I think about it, I don't miss my childhood all that much. Maybe because I'm not a fully-fledged adult yet (I'm seventeen) and that maybe my childhood wasn't that nice (the memories I have of childhood - the strongest ones - are invariably bad - or at least not good.) But there are things I do miss about being a kid. I can't remember all of it, but I'm sure there are
Old 10-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Aww, memories!

I miss...

- Push Pops
- Tennis camp
- My best friend and I riding our scooters down to the shops to buy bags of lollies and eat them in the park during the summer. Everyday.
- Our pet rocks in my year 6 class
- Kiss and catch
- 44 home
- The "Birthday Fairy" and of course Santa
- Having competitions in my neighbourhood to see which family could collect the most acorns
- street parties
- Christmas parades
- dancing in the rain
- not having to worry about anything but times tables tests
- Nancy Drew and The Babysitters Club
- family holidays
- nap time in Pre-School. They put me in a seperate room because I kept all the other kids awake, but it was only because my clown sheets scared me so much I didn't want to sleep.

I say this all the time to my friends, but I would give anything to go back to primary school. Maybe that's why I work at one..

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
*Lor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Never having to care about anything, no responsibilities.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

The simplicity of everything. You either could or couldn't go outside and play, you could or couldn't borrow 5 bucks, you could or couldn't spend the night somewhere. That was it. That was the extent of your worries. I miss that.
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
ESipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Passionate Fan

It's funny how you can guess how old people are just by what their childhood pastimes are Like, the people mentioning having Cabbage Patch Dolls must have been born in the same decade I was, because it was extremely popular when I was a little kid
Ambular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Throwing rocks with my daddy.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Colouring with my daddy.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Going to Chuckie Cheese for my birthday parties.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

- being pretty. i was a cute kid, and although i hated it then, i miss it now. it all went downhill after 12.

- not having a care in the world. except stupid stuff, like what i wanted for my birthday.

- how it seemed like you learned something new every day. that "ooh, i get it now." feeling. that rarely happens anymore.

- how safe my mom's arms felt. they don't anymore.

- not having to worry about clothes in the summer, walking around barefeet, grass between my toes, water fights, popsicles, always having an awesome tan.

- my toys. (although i still have them)

- speaking spanish. so much of it is gone now.

even though there's things i miss about my childhood, i wouldn't really want to go back. that was a time of dependency and insecurity, and just.. feeling really small and insignifigant. besides, i couldn't have love in the same way i do now. so nah.
dyxlecis gril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The simplicity of everything. You either could or couldn't go outside and play, you could or couldn't borrow 5 bucks, you could or couldn't spend the night somewhere. That was it. That was the extent of your worries. I miss that.
ITA...simplicity, worry-free, life actually being fun.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

pogo balls and roller racers.

i actually really enjoy all the complications that come with growing up. i don't miss the simplicity of my childhood one bit.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by secret boyfriend

i actually really enjoy all the complications that come with growing up. i don't miss the simplicity of my childhood one bit.
Exactly! I certainly miss the fun that I had, but my childhood wasn't exactly care-free, and there's much about it I'm not happy to look back on. I always wanted to grow up And I welcomed the responsibility that came with freedom...
Ambular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

theres afew things

1. i miss my old mates after i moved specially my next door neighbours who i spent alot of my time with
2. not having a pc or ps2 and could always think of things to do
3. smiling all the time lol i dont smile as much now altho im happy
4.iunno

5.there is no five

ill think of some more later lol to tired to think now
poo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread