Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Same Sex Marriage.

While I live in a country where same-sex marriage is legal, it still deeply saddens and angers me to find that the ban on Gay Marriage happened, when Prop 8 passed.

BOO Prop 8!

I want to stand for change. Not for inequality.

-- Patti
--
~*Cubby*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I am all for gay marriages. A close family friend is gay. So I want him to be able to marry one day. I want this to happen so badly. I want a change, and this is a change that needs to be made. Its necessary. Its quite sad and heartbreaking to have this not to be passed at all.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

I very much feel that we, especially the government, should not tell people who they should and shouldn't love. It's none of their business, and it SO doesn't affect straight marriages at all. And adoption? Sure, go for it! A lot of times gay couples make much better parents than straight ones.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Well, I'm very undecided on the matter. But i'm not going to say that It's a sin or anything like that. I'm really not sure about it, it's really all about freedom of choice, so I don't have the say in a person's beliefs.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
ashleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Total Fan

Well, I'm gay so, definitely support same-sex marriage! I am glad that the UK has made gay marriage legal...hopefully other countries will legalise it soon as well.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I shouldn't be allowed to start on gay marriage but it's something that makes me SO mad, I mean the ban not that it's allowed. If the world is suppose to evolve and change then how can we if we don't let change happen? I'm not saying that people should stop believeing in what they do, I'm saying that they need to be a bit more understanding to those perople that believe differently.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm all for it (gay marriage, not the ban). I think that people should be able to marry whomever they want (male or female)
funky_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Everyone has the right to be happy, whoever they're with.

I wish people in America would realize that.
fanfiction|livejournal|tumblr
♥Cass|icon by me
Arquellania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its pisses me off that the ban passed. I really thought they there was going to be a change happening and I was so excited to see it happen. People are so close minded and against change. Allowing gays to marry doesn't affect anybody else. It should be about freedom of choice. The government shouldn't have a say in that
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

No one has the right to tell you who should and shouldn't be able to be married, a lot of arguments are that it defaces the name of marriage. To so many people marriages are almost disposable. That's not defacing marriage?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

What happened to a free country? Was that a lie? Something we were suppose to believe to be true but really wasn't? Maybe the truth is that as long as you follow sociery and live by the rules then you're perfectly fine. Is that what freedom means? This is racism all over again! If there's someone out there that is against gay marriage then please expolain to me why? Acrtually no, no don't explain why, explain how it's fair for there to be a law that says "If you're a girl dating a gairl or a guy dating a guy then you camn't get married"? Help me understand this, because I honestly don't!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Its pisses me off that the ban passed. I really thought they there was going to be a change happening and I was so excited to see it happen. People are so close minded and against change. Allowing gays to marry doesn't affect anybody else. It should be about freedom of choice. The government shouldn't have a say in that
I love your post, and completely second it!

Love is love, and who's to say straight marriage is more important or special than gay/lesbian marriage - that's such bull! And I'm so pissed the ban was passed too! They deserve to express their love in the same ways as anyone else!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Gay marriage is fine, I think people just need to be left alone. We all just want to live happy lives no matter who we are. I don't think it's any different then straight marriage. We should all be equals, so that should include gay marriage.

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone wants the same things, someone to love, someone to come home to at the end of the day, someone to hold, someone to grow old with. How does it matter what your sexual orientation is, one doesnt want diffrent things just because they're gay.

when Americans voted for Obama, the world was beggining to see them in a different light altogether, but then came Prop 8...
Old 11-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

My sister is married (in the UK)and has a child and has been with her partner (Daniela, my sis-in-law) for seventeen years. If that is not a family then I don't know what is. How many "normal" marriages and families break up only after a few years?