Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

THe Roommate Chronicles

Alright so we have all had to deal with them... those lovely people that you love, hate, and know way too much about: roommates. I just moved into a new apartment and my new roommates are eccentric to say the least, so: what weird quirks, funny stories, or nightmares have you experienced living out on your own?
Mordacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh this is the perfect thread for me right now. Im living with two guys. My boyfriend and my guy friend who I have known for a few years now. My boyfriend and me are clean freaks. But my room mate is the totally opposite. He dirties the dishes all the time and doesnt clean up after himself. We have told him quite a few times to do that but there is only so many times you can tell a person to do something without sounding like your their parent nagging on them. He is going to be moving out soon because its just that time to and course we dont want our two year friendship going down hill. Plus now that he has a girlfriend he wants to spend time with her at her place so it kinda all works out for the best.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

My only roommate is a cat. Cats are generally easier to live with than people.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I first moved here my first set of roommates (5 other girls) in the dorms were amazing. My second set, 4 of the 5 were amazing, but one just made everyone's life a living hell. She was basically a brainwashed Mormon (no offense to anyone) and told us how we should be living our lives like her. She turned into a huge **** and a bunch of events took place, making her move back home to her fiancé. She just had a baby.

But currently, I've been living with one of the girls in the second set of roommates. We've been living together for the past two years and I love her, she's one of my best friends. Too bad we're both lazy.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
MissAndieWitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I lived with my best friends sister when I was 19. She was CRAZY....she lied to me about the bills and would overcharge me. We split the groceries, but she would buy food for her kids and her boyfriend that I wasn't allowed to touch even though I paid for it. She would physically fight with her boyfriend and trash the house with broken dishes and food on the floor and never clean it, so I would have to clean it. I had to baby-sit her kids all the time. My friends weren't allowed to come over except my boyfriend. Finally I just left and moved back in with my Mom after I found out that she would tell me the electric bill was $160 and I would giver her $80 and that's all she would pay on it so the next bill was $240, etc. It got old. I never lived with anybody except my husband after that incident.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

i once lived with like 10 Haitian guys and every time they would cook, they'd start a fire and then throw salt on it to put it out but never clean up the salt. pretty much every day when i came home there'd be salt everywhere... eventually some of them moved out and then i moved. living with a bunch of guys was definitely an experience.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been very fortunate with roommates, I've had two of them in my life. I lived in a dorm for a few months after I graduated from high school and my roommate was a very nice and normal girl, never had any problems with her. When I started university, I moved in with my cousin who started uni at the same time. I lived with her for 5 and a half years, she moved out about 3,5 months ago cos she graduated. So I've been living on my own for a while now and I do love it but it was nice to have my cousin and her adorable dog around. We got pretty close, closer than we'd be if we hadn't lived together, I think.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

My current roommate is an alcoholic lol, but for the most part he keeps to himself.
Uh Blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Right now I have a bit of an odd situation, I'm officially living with two guys, my friends from high school, which is an experience of its own, but we have all of these people coming through that adds to the dynamic. The three of us interact well, I'm basically just one of the guys with them and we tease each other. Every once in awhile they break out into "damn women, so inefficient" or "do not disparage batman or you will find a fork sticking out of your eye." Its pretty amusing. One of these in and out people is my friend who it turns out is completely insufferable to live with. She has a homemaker gene and she completely loves taking care of people, cooking cleaning and all that mess. The only problem is that she attacks me for relaxing before I do my dishes and nags all of the time when that is pretty much the last thing we all want. She also happens to be in the middle of staying several weeks. Along with her and one of my roommate's amazing girlfriend it has been a very interesting arrangement the last couple of weeks.
Mordacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Supreme Fan

I currently am living on my own but am looking into moving in with a couple girls I don't know...I'm a little leery because you just never know exactly what you're going to get with roommates...

I used to live with two of my close female friends and one of them always managed to do little things that annoyed me - like she would spit her toothpaste not into the water like most people but instead just into the sink but more up on the side so it didn't get washed away by the water....it was just kind of gross and annoying to come back later and see this chalky toothpaste residue left from where she spat it...

She also sometimes didn't lock the door, which I really hated because that's just not safe...

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurian (View Post)
My only roommate is a cat. Cats are generally easier to live with than people.
Yes. Totally. Even more so if it's a fish.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterley (View Post)
Yes. Totally. Even more so if it's a fish.

Fish are the calmest roommates of all.

I would like to have a fish tank but I think that my cat would find the fishies too entertaining.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacity (View Post)
The only problem is that she attacks me for relaxing before I do my dishes and nags all of the time when that is pretty much the last thing we all want. She also happens to be in the middle of staying several weeks. Along with her and one of my roommate's amazing girlfriend it has been a very interesting arrangement the last couple of weeks.
that can be pretty annoying... she'd probably hate me because i never get straight up and do the dishes. maybe you can try suggesting for her to relax a little and if not at least it'll only be a few weeks though so it won't be forever.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Never had a room mate except my current boyfriend. But I've had friends who complain about their roommates and I feel bad for you guys who have to share a room or an apartment with nasty people.
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
~*Yuki*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

When I was in college I had several different roommates until I decided that the best way to survive was to pay extra for a private room.

Reply   Post New Thread