Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Romantic Relationship Thread #25: Without love there are no dreams

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. -- James A. Baldwin

***Message From Mods***

Please post all issues related to romantic relationships on this thread. All other threads started on this board that should be here instead will be merged into this thread or closed. Thank you.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!

Last edited by Lain; 08-12-2008 at 07:27 PM
Old 08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

I was going to make a thread to add this picture but feel free to add it to the first post if you want Lem

On the other hand, it's been about two years since Matt and I met! What exact date is the other question.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

That's a cute cartoon! And this thread is the perfect place for it. Please add it to the first post.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

As far as that cartoon goes, I would be pretty freaked out myself if my bf did that to me
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a cute cartoon!

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That cartoon is funny. I'd run for my life if I were him.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey everyone,

I mostly lurk here and haven't actually posted but it just feels right now...I just got dumped by my bf of almost 3 years about an hour ago..he said that he no longer loved me and he had met someone else but didn't want to start anything before we'd have cleared things up...

I am grateful to him that he was honest with me and that he didn't cheat on me, but da*n, it hurts...

Dora
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

heres a testimonial I wrote for her in a social networking site:-

Just her name sends chills down my spine & makes me feel warm & fuzzy on the inside.Her presence in my life,her feelings for me,her kisses,her smile makes life worth living & makes it more beautiful.She makes me fall more & more in love with her everyday,with that irresistible & ever so addictive & AMAZING personality of hers.I feel like the happiest & most luckiest man alive to have such a perfect girl like her in my life.Because she truly is a gem,an angel sent from God to bless me.She blessed me with her presense & cured me from my sorrows.She makes me a better man by looking after me even though,unfortunately, we're miles apart.

Baby,I want you to know that no matter where I am,or how far away I am from you,I never stop thinkin about you for a minute.I'm totally lost without you.I love you to death.

^ thats it...tell me what you think, guys
Old 08-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know the story but this is one lucky girl My ex bf was also great in this romantic stuff and I for sure would love such a testimonial if I was in her shoes...

Dora
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Miss Dora

that was the 1st ever testimonial I gave her. she loved it. actually, she loves all of em sent by me . I sent her more romantic ones after that
Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Extreme Fan

LOL! The comic strip is cute!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

love the cartoon
My LJ
Old 08-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

I like the comic strip. Obsessed.
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Thank you so much Tyra from *NOL, Rainstorm18, Lemurian and spent cigarette for reading through my long post and thank you all so much for all your kind and helfpul comments. I really really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra from *NOL
i'm the type of person to just be honest. i'd just tell him everything that i found out. as time goes on, you'd just check on him more & more & becomes insane. i say talk about the trust issue.
I actually stopped reading his stuff for the longest time because I realized that it really isn't good for me and I can never be sure weather I really understand things right, not knowing the context. And of course when you read such a thing you always assume the worst.
So I hadn't read anything in a long time until last week - right before I posted this. Our realationship had been going great and I dunno, I wanted to see if he had also stopped writing stupid stuff online. Well he hadn't stopped and I just felt so betrayed. This is all just too much, I really don't deserve being treated like that. I've never been a complicated girlfriend and I really care for him and this is just not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
It's hard trying to go back to trusting again after knowing how they truely feel about you. You need to have a serious talk with him and both be honest. If the relationship doesnt work out, than it was never meant to be. I know how it feels though to let go and move on, believe me. Ive been away from my ex for 6 months now and it still hurts at times.
Thank you. It really is hard trusting after your trust was broken. In the beginning of our realtionship I never even though of not trusting him it was clear for me that he'd never do anything bad. Now...I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurian
Here's what it is: this guy has a problem with alcohol; he's controlling; he doesn't respect you; he's not likely to be faithful. Would you want one of your friends to be involved with someone like that? This relationship sounds very unhealthy.
Well, he'd not really controlling and I also don't think he'd really cheat on me. I mean I do have doubts but I also know him well enough to know he'd never actually cheat. I think the worst thing he'd do is to make out with another girl. But the fact that goes talking about me in a bad way behind my back, that he flirts with every girl that crosses his path just bothers me. He's not willing to commit. And it might be, that he doesn't really respect me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent cigarette
I wouldn't say this guy has a "problem" with alcohol, or that he's abusive. At least I don't think that's a wise conclusion to jump to based on the information we've been presented. However, it's quite clear that you don't trust him when he does drink, so you need to talk to him about it.
No, he doesn't have a realy problem with alcohol. It's not like he always drinks. And you're right about me not trusting him when he's drunk. I should really talk to him about it.

[quote =spent cigarette]Personally, if I found out my partner had been talking about me in that manner I wouldn't put up with it. It's disrespectful and inconsiderate, and if he really loved you he wouldn't be ridiculing you, ESPECIALLY in such an unnecessary context like the example you've given.
Talk to him. [/quote] It really is. I also think that you wouldn't talk about somebody you love like this.

It's all so complicated...but I really have to do something about it. I will try talking to him. I won't tell him that I read his stuff (I know this is wrong and I feel terrible about it but at the same time I'm glad I did it, otherwise I would still be in the dark about so many things). But I try to figure this all out, adress my trust issues and tell him what I expect from him. Hear what he has to say and then I guess we'll see. If he's not willing to change anything that I guess he was not worth it in the first place and I will have to end it.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Going to be 11 months on friday