Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Put ICE on Your Cell Phone! This Could Save Your Life!

Last week a friend of mine was driving home from work when she noticed the police clearing away a car accident. She noticed that one of the cars belonged to someone she knew so she stopped to ask the police if the man was okay.

As it turns out, the man was not okay. He had severe injuries and needed medical treatment but there was a problem because he had no emergency contact card in his wallet and the police couldn't tell which numbers on the man's cell phone were his important contacts. My friend was able to advise them but, sadly, the man died of his injuries.

This reminded me of something my sister told me last year after I was hospitalized: put ICE on your cell phone. I live alone in a fairly isolated location. If something were to happen to me and if I were unable to communicate, how would emergency personnel know who to call?

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency.

In your contact list on your cell phone, your emergency contacts should be listed with the word ICE (in all capital letters). ICE should be the first word on the contact. You can list your primary contact as ICE1 and your secondary as ICE2, and so on. Emergency personnel will understand what ICE stands for.

I don't know whether the ICE system would have saved the man who died but he surely would have been able to get medical assistance sooner, and his family would have been at his side that much earlier.

If you don't have ICE on your cell phone, please add it today. It would be a nice way to honor the memory of the man who died, and it could save your life.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!

Last edited by Lemurian; 01-31-2011 at 07:23 AM
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I hope that everyone who reads this will put ICE on their cell phones!

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh, Lem, that is so sad. However, that is excellent advice :nod

Some cell phones have an automatic spot for the emergency contract. I don't think mine does.... I guess I should add ICE... though I'm pretty sure "Mom" would be one of the first calls
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Lem . It doesn't really work for me because everyone here speaks Spanish . But a lot of people here have something like "AA Emergencia" so that's the first contact they see
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Poor man but thanks for the advice I'll put ICE on my cell phone
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Lem, this is great advice that comes from a tragic story. So sorry to hear about the man but I will take that into consideration. Thank you