Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Extreme Fan

You shouldn't have to pay for someone you feel uncomfortable with.

I'd talk to your mother again and ask either if she can sit in on you two (and pretend she's checking she's getting her moneys worth) or if you can change. You should not have to be made to feel like this.

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think you should tell you're mom you don't want to have him again and that you refuse to be alone with him. If she won't let you change tutour's make your mom sit in the room with you or a friend so you are not alone.

But I am sure if you stress how up-set this has made you she won't make you see him.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vampires_Bite:
<STRONG>even though you dont want to... go into the next session. If any of this happens again tell him you dont want him doing this stuff. If he refuses go back to your mum</STRONG>
There you have it. You'll still feel uncomfortable at first, but if all goes well, then it may have just been the way he is, no harm. IF anything like this happens again, make it a point to let him now it's NOT right. Then get another maht tutor, cuz obviously, you won't learn from this one, you'll be too worried about other things. Tell your mom that and she'll have to get you a new tutor.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by quarterley:
<STRONG>There are many math tutors in this world. Tell your mom he's bugging you and get a new one. If it was only one thing, it could have been an accident, but all of them added together didn't sound like any accident. Besides, accident or not, you don't feel comfortable around him so I don't see how you can learn the math, which is the point of having a math tutor in the first place.</STRONG>
I so agree!
Anyway, if that all was an accident, than he has to be very clumsy. After this what you said, it looks like he went too far. I had a similar "accident" a few years ago. After it happened, I just didn't want to meet that person anymore. Sometimes he comes to our house, than I shout door of my room so that he knows that "I know".
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Passionate Fan

OMG that's just disgusting, honestly, change it, cuz there is no need for a next time if you're scared, even if he won't do it again,i wouldn't take any risk, there are loads of math tutor out there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Cite Des Anges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

It doesn't sound at all accidental when you consider the moving of his chair, his leg under the table and his reaching out his arm across. If it were only one slip up on his part then perhaps it could be ignored... Also, it seems like he was rather impatient and abrupt in ordering you to do things and that's not the proper way to teach someone...
I would make him come back a second time and if he does the same thing again then make it clear to your mother that you want another tutor. If you feel uneasy, you won't be able to concentrate on your work and your lessons will be a waste...
If you had further proof and evidence against him, you could probably report him. Who knows how many other students he might have done this to?
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Total Fan

It sounds a little sketchy to me. I'd say have him come back a second time and if he still acts all grabby then just ask your mom for a new tutor. Besides, he shouldn't be snapping at you either. Aside from the weird getting up on you thing, you don't need someone being impatient with you while you're trying to get help with your math.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with Charlize. There's no way that this can be accidental. If he thinks the only way you're gonna learn Algebra is by getting closer to you and "accidentally" touching you, then he's got another thing comin.' And trust me - THERE IS NO WAY TO IDENTIFY A PERV BY JUST THEIR LOOKS. Most of the time, the person who hurts you is the one you thought you could trust. Go with your first instinct and DO NOT SEE HIM AGAIN. Next time, you may not be so lucky. I hope you'll be okay soon Stars. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Stars_And_Sunsets - I hope this person didn't come out of the paper [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] and I hope your mum asked around before giving him the job...still he seems creepy to me
Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Loyal Fan

aw thanks everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I talked to mum this afternoon and she said she would get me another tutor if I felt so uncomfortable with him.
We get him through a company, so I don't know if he's done things like that before.
He came over today, offering to tutor me for more subjects! He said that he thinks he should tutor me more than once a week for 2 hours...
Mum told him that we didn't want him to tutor me more than once a week and when he was gone, she rang up the organisation and told them she didn't want him anymore.
It freaked me out.
I was so glad that I wasn't home alone.

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Stars_And_Sunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] That's great news [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ask for a female tutor [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ledi*:
<STRONG>Please walk.away.now. Don't wait to see him one more time.

Good luck. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree, Please don't go back! Accident or not, if you're not comfortable with it, Don't go back. It's that easy.

You nevere know if next time he'll try more... Please don't go back. Find another tutor, and talk to your mom.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Stars_And_Sunsets, I'm happy for you that you got rid of this creepy tutor. Hope your new tutor is nice and actually teaches. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad you're getting a new tutor! I was going to say don't even give him another chance. It's not worth it. Usually our gut instincts are right anyway. There's no reason for a Maths tutor to touch their students.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad it all worked out for you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread