Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:40 PM
New Fan

Help with new puppy!

We acquired a puppy who we believe is much too young to be away from his mother.

He is about 4 weeks old.

All he really does is sleep. He gets up a few times a day... pees, whines, plays a little and goes back to sleep. Is this normal puppy behavior? I am worried he is whining because he is hungry.

We are having a hard time getting him to eat... we've had him for two days now and all we can get him to consume is warmed 2% milk. He won't take whole milk, puppy milk we purchased from wal mart, dry puppy food, canned puppy food or any combination. He drinks about 1/4 cup of warmed 2% milk twice a day. I'm worried... I keep trying to mix in hard food and at least the puppy milk but the more of it I mix in the less he drinks. Will the 2% milk be sufficient until he starts to eat the solid food? What should I do?

We know the easiest solution would be take him back but the people we got him from were going to give him to crackheads down the road who don't take care of the dogs they already have, and breed him with their run down female.

I've really grown attached to the little man the past couple days.. I want him to be healthy.
megandwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Take him straight to the vet, he/she will be able to tell you how many weeks old it really is. Young ones pee and sleep quite a lot but it the kindest thing to do with the pup to give it the best care for it's age.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMilkJug (View Post)
Take him straight to the vet, he/she will be able to tell you how many weeks old it really is. Young ones pee and sleep quite a lot but it the kindest thing to do with the pup to give it the best care for it's age.

This is the best advice. Vet: now!

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree about taking him to the vet now Find out how old and make sure everything is okay. I know for cats, kittens need to be with mommy for 6 weeks or so. Thats why our new kittens are staying with my Bella for 12 weeks before we give the kittens away if we do
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread