Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Have you ever gone out of your way to avoid a family member?

So I'm at the library and I needed to do some research on John Kerry for an article I'm doing for the school paper and there's one computer free but unfortunatly it was by my cousin who I really really cannot stand and really did not feel like talking to. So I ended up having to go to another section and wait for like a half hour just so she wouldn't see me.

-Kristi

icon by:Unknown
*Kristi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

haha, golden.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I avoid my mom every day.

Also, I have to avoid someone annoying at work every day. I think she's getting the hint, well I hope she is.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

hehe

I always have to avoid my cousin and her prep squad at school or else she will stop me in the hall and ask me all these stupid questions about her hair and her makeup and I really could care less about that crap.

"The cool points are out the window and you got me all twisted up in the game"-Bringing Down the House
CherryChica87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, my mom was having a baby shower and my 2 friends were coming and i wanted to hang out with them but my cousin was pulling in the driveway as i was leaving the house, so i had to run across the street really fast with my friends just to get away but then she saw me. Damn! it didn't work
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I sometimes avoid a few of my family members as well but only if they really pissed me off. I wont speak for them for days or weeks ( depends on what they did to tick me off)
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

I do that everyday to my whole family. They suck. And I work overnight, so the different schedule helps with avoiding them. It also made it so that I got away with not paying my mother rent for three months cause she didn't see me enough to ask for it.

If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh god, I try to avoid my mom all the time. I'm not trying to be mean, but she's just such a NAG. Drives me crazy
pinch990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I always try to avoid my mum and dad. Because every conversation leads to an argument. Even though when I talk to them, and I try to avoid an argument...it's hard to avoid.

Although, a few months ago, when I got my results back for my Term 2 exams. They weren't bad, but they weren't that brilliant either, and I knew if I told my parents, they'd be in a very angry mood with me. Because they're all about getting A's or A*'s or whatever. I knew I had to tell them eventually, but that day I wasn't really feeling that good anyway, and I didn't think I'd be able to cope an argument with them, so I went straight to my bedroom, locked my bedroom & went to sleep. It sounds really stupid, but it felt like a great idea at the time. I had a reaaaally good sleep too!
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS

Last edited by NZOCFan; 09-11-2004 at 06:41 PM
NZOCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Administrator

I try to avoid almost every family get together with my wife's family. I can't stand them.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Jerry!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Jay
Master Fan

same here...i can't stand any relatives related to my parents. the only person i can really stand is my older sis. everyone else...ticks me off at times.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'm lucky I guess.

I used to avoid my dad when I was in highschool, but looking back I could kick myself .
Old 09-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

I really can't stand one of my aunts. She's always so hyper and she talks really loud, so it's embarrassing to be around her...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Man, I have an uncle who's a total busy body and know it all. He's always sticking his nose into everybody's business. It's hard when you live in the same fairly small city, but I avoid him at all costs.

Someone swears his true love until the end of time
Another runs away....
Seperate or United?
Healthy or Insane?
GrissomRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread