Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Happy anniversary to me, I guess.

Lol. Anywho, I just wanted to start a thread to thank FF for five amazing years and the OT board seemed like the appropriate place to make such a thread. (Cuz where else to post?) That's right, folks. I have now been a member of FanForum for five whole years. Although for the first 3.5 years were mostly every other week because my mom didn't get internet until February '05 and my school kinda frowned upon me going on during school hours (even if I saw in study hall or it was mid-morning break, geez). I'm now 19 so I registered soon after my 14th birthday.

ANYWAY. I just wanted to thank a few people who are in some way memorable to me due to the time I've spent so far around FF.

Crashdown :: Well they're the big one. Back when the site was hosted by FF, I was searching for Roswell sites and I came across this one and thus the boards. So way to go, Roswell, for getting me involved with fandom! I used to be rory_parker then, Parker because of Liz Parker (who I idolized) and Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls (another idol).

Although to be honest, I didn't do much posting on the Roswell boards. I basically lurked there. I mostly broke into fandom on the Gilmore Girls board. So a big thanks goes to the people on the Narcoleptic thread. In particular, the old schoolers of Stack, Moochie, schmal, jennarose, Cheryl, and Princess Di. Sure I posted on other threads like the Lorelai thread but I mostly knew people from the Narco thread.

I posted a little on this board too, I think. I remember there being a Wicca thread here before we got a Communities board. I'm not Wiccan but I sure was interested (probably with my interest in Charmed).

Next big thing was probably the Everwood board. Oh the memories over there. Hmm, I remember The Maria, TheAllstar (he's The -Ken- now I think), (of course) Wilpen (love you, my former co-mod!), AppleBehryGrl23, EphramIsHot and all the other Patriots, JeepyGal (you were so important in me getting over to the unconventional couples thread), Jerry D (yes, the guy who is now the big guy here), The Crow, HaveALittleFaith, and probably way more. But yay for having a wonderful year of moderating with Wilpen. Yay to discovering slash and unconventional pairings which would eventually lead me down the path of questioning my sexuality and finally coming to terms with the fact I am without a label. Definitely not straight, but no clue what I really am except that I am Gaby. (Wow, it nearly took me the show's entire life span to come to terms with that as I began questioning when the show began and I finally did a coming out post on LJ in mid April.)

Hmm I did some posts on the Music board but not way active over there. I remember liz_parker (who I called my sister due to our similar handles). Oh and sometime I became Hard-Core GG Fan. Also in the time we could have different display names, I think I had a Ms. Emma Brody in there because of The American Embassy.

In '03, One Tree Hill started and I got involved with that fandom here although I am so out of that one now. (I can't keep up.) But I still do love my Breyton and my Breyton amigas -~Nikki~- and Casandra. You guys rock so hard, thanks for taking me under your wing so to speak, you really kept that questioning part of me alive I think. People can even still see some of my (probably way horrible) art in the first post of the B/P friendship thread over there. I also remember curlyhead, a shot of whiskey, Rosebud55, Baby-Puffster (I think? the other Hilarie Burton mod anywho), and others from that board and from the Hilarie Burton board too. Oh Hilarie/Angelina, please be together, k thanks?

I also saw a few season 1 episodes of Arrested Development although I didn't get way into until the second season and posting on the board when I heard cancellation was being threatened. I remember getting Wilpen from Everwood into it and a few others. In turn, they got me into Veronica Mars, my biggest fandom to date although most of that isn't on FF (because spoilers are very very bad, IMHO.. VM ones, others I don't care) except for the OT chicas of jujubee, CarolineOrphee, Vera, afrocurl, Muse, Julia (crap forget your handle), Nin@!! (you're the baby), Mariana (um, forgot your handle too), and Moonie. Oh and of course the Lamb thread where I meet (and re-meet) some fine peeps like Spy Syd, sammyitaly, the wizard (like DUH now, right?), and more. Oh and can't forget chaotic4life who the Austin contingent of the OT thread coerced into posting post-Austin.

Hmmmm. I also remember ~katinthehat~ although I don't think she posts here anymore. Oh but how I remember her so clearly. Also going along with her, there's Da Club with people who mostly don't post here anymore but I'll name the main crew: Sara, Nea, Steph, Estel, and Anna. It's pretty much just me and Sara of the old crew left but we've got some new chicas: tiggerngoldilocks, Nikki K, kelly/brit fan, LorDanes, and some others. Oh and also cleis666 and Endless Rain.. They weren't in Da Club but they fit in here too and Nath got me hooked on South of Nowhere too.

Hmmmmmm. I also watched The OC for the first season and a half which is where I first came into contact with Deee who is now my bestest bestest friend in the world. (I soooo need to meet her soon.) So gotta give props to that in there. Love ya, Twin. Although I didn't get to know her well at the time, one of the OC mods, *Stacy*, I made sure there wasn't spoilers in the Malex thread to keep her happy.

Other miscellaneous peeps:
Nate the Lizaphile: Love your Rory/Paris story so much OMG and I love how crazy you are about Liza.
Yellow Mustang Girl: You made me feel welcome when I first became a mod although I never watched the show you mod, Alias.
The people I've conversed with on the French thread on Communities: Je t'aime vous pour garder mon français en bon état. Merci beaucoup!
The people on the Joan of Arcadia board (Becs, Bella, Country Bumpkin -- yea I forget your handle exactly, and Kimberly): Thanks for liking my art. I'll try to have more soon. While I felt inspired, I needed to rewatch the epi and I was without sound on the comp for so long OMG.. But that's fixed now

And I am so likely leaving people out here but it is getting late and I need to work in about 7 hours so yeah, thank you all at FanForum for making this place a grand place to be! Here's to another 5 years. May there always be changes for the better and I think they have.

PS. Thanks for bringing the stars back. Love the old school feel.
I made my icon.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 07-30-2006 at 10:38 PM
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw! Yay. You made me smile. I didn't realize I've been here almost six years. How insane is that?!

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
MissAndieWitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Congratulations on five years !! I haven't been on here alot lately, but I still remember you as one of the originals Gabby!! Hope you've had lots of fun here!
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Nate the Lizaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Anniversary Gaby!!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Yay! For Crashdown ... that's where it all started for me as well
Congrats girlie!

*raises glass on the next 5 years*

Stef
chaotic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
~*Yuki*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm a Crashdown girl too
Old 07-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Happy anniversary Gaby!

We had to meet on the VM board... which is funny because I used to post on the Everwood one. Didn't we talk to each other back then? I know I remembered your old username from there.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Gaby Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats

aww..I'm the VM OT Baby??

Last edited by Nin@!!!; 07-31-2006 at 03:02 PM
Nin@!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd
Happy anniversary Gaby!

We had to meet on the VM board... which is funny because I used to post on the Everwood one. Didn't we talk to each other back then? I know I remembered your old username from there.
Yea I remember you too from long ago. But we must have lost touch and regained that thru VM!

Thanks Nina as well! You're the OT Baby for sure.
I made my icon.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Congratulations Gaby! 5 years is amazing, and I for one am very glad to have gotten to know you through FanForum.

BTW, your FF anniversary is the same as Harry Potter's birthday. That's pretty special.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Hannah!

Lol, about HP
I made my icon.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Cool
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats Gaby on five years at FF...happy anniversary...
Old 07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations!!!!!

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread