Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Good questions!

Does anyone have any questions that are good. By that I mean, they'll start a conversation of that topic or cause someone to tell a story regarding an event relating to the topic. Personal kinda questions.

Can't really think of excellent examples, nut kinda along the lines of:
- Did you have a toy when you were little?
- What kinda of underwear do you prefer wearing?
- Do you have a pet?
- What's your favourite ice cream?
- Fav holiday destination?

Ugh, they're kinda lame - but just good questions! Faith, love, beliefs, jokes, events, hates, loves, favs, gosh anything that provokes conversation!
blueoftheout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I don't understand. Do you mean questions to ask at a gathering/party to break the ice and just have something to talk about? Or do you mean questions to ask when you want to get to know someone better?
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
I don't understand. Do you mean questions to ask at a gathering/party to break the ice and just have something to talk about? Or do you mean questions to ask when you want to get to know someone better?
Questions you can ask friends to learn more about them. So you've known a person for long enough to consider thema close friend, but to learn more things about them, ask questions. Seems like it's the simple questions that you don't know the answers to until you ask. I had a friend tell me all about their best friend before they moved to my area, a sotry i'd never been told, til the subject was brought up. I think i want questions that can be asked that eventuate to these kinds of discussions, deep and meaningfuls etc.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

You can just start off with a topic and go from there. Like your fav holiday destination question. You can just start off chatting about where to go for holidays and that will lead to various related topics like past memorable trips or any misadventures. Maybe the person prefers car trips more than boarding the plane. Or talk about how they usually pack their stuff. Sometimes, the little things people share reveal how they are. If you ask "What colour are your luggage bags?" and they answer "Blue.", that doesn't really say much. Lots of people got blue luggage bags. But instead, talk about packing in general, share first with how you pack your stuff and they will tell you about the same thing. If they go into detail about how they would use the whole luggage set, what things go into which bag and why, with some kind of system or something, you can tell this is an organized person. If they say they just dump everything into one duffel bag, then this is a more carefree person. So yeah, whatever the topic, go with something broad like the questions you listed above and then stick to that topic for a while and talk more into detail about the little things. Remember to answer these questions yourself too so it's not like some one-sided interview but an actual convo instead.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

-Have you ever killed somebody?
-Any secrets you would need to kill me after telling them to me?

pts.of.athrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I know theres a whole heap in www.forwardgarden.com survey section, things like that i want.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Why don't you start asking some questions instead?

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm tryna find some to ask
Old 09-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

good

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Total Fan

Well, you can start with the basic type of questions like "Where were you born?" or When is your birthday?"

For me the best way to get a good conversation going is to ask about the person's childhood. Like "What was your most memorable experience as a child?" or something along the lines of that. I always try to ask a question that would require more than just a one word answer. A question that has a story behind it.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread