Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Getting Healthy and Dieting

Hey I started this thread cause I want to diet and get health BUT it's REALLY hard. So i fig i start this thread for all of us that need Support doing it.

So far the only thing I'm doing that keeps on is ONLY Drinking WATER. I've been doing it about 4 months. And only had one soad. I know they said somewhere that if you do this for a year or less you can loss 10 lbs. BUT since then i've been eating alot MORE junk food.

So I was thinking I'm pro not the only one that is having trouble doing this So lets talk.

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, I've been trying to lose weight all summer and nothing worked. But when I started work again in August, the 3 other teachers that I worked with all wanted to loose weight too. So we were talking about going to work out together or something. Then we talked to the school nurse and found out she lost 40 pounds since like February by following the Weight Watchers diet. So we all decided to join that. I've been doing that for about 3 weeks. The first week I lost 4 pounds, the second week I lost 3 pounds and I'll find out how much I've lost this week tomorrow. So I highly recommend dieting and working out with a friend or someone who's gonna encourage you. Me and my friends all are really supportive for each other. So far together we've lost like 20 pounds.
CourtneyS416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

go vegan.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

working out and keeping active thats the best way to lose weight. at least have to work out three times a week to have a decent effect on your body. good for the heart too...

I've been working out 5 or 6 times a week, 2 hours each day and it works wonders......

Eat healthy and eat the right portions also is a biggie. If your working out your burning calories you can lose weight. Also drink healthy too...
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Exercise and eat more meals but only small portions every time.

Only drinking water = malnourished.....don't do it.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

working out with friends definately helps I always have a real hard time going out and working out by myself during the summer but as soon as we get in school and there's the tennis team to work out with I get focused and start losing weight and getting in shape. We get together on weekends and stuff too even.
Mordacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Only drinking water = malnourished.....don't do it.

Really? My aunt whoms a nurse is Really happy i'm doing this. My sister is doing this also.

I'm also walking a lot more than i use to. so

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
Old 09-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELforBUFFY
Really? My aunt whoms a nurse is Really happy i'm doing this. My sister is doing this also.

I'm also walking a lot more than i use to. so

Angie
But if you are not eating anything, are you taking something to supply yourself with nutrients?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Cin - She's eating but only drinking water instead of soda or juice. Silly rabbit.

.icon.
Chynna Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh I see. Trix are not only for kids.

Silly rabbit should go to bed.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm back on the Weight Watcher's programme again. I've lost 7.9 pounds during September.

I know the only thing that works in the long run for me, is going to the classes and have the pressure on me. Otherwise, I fall back into my old habits. That's what happened a few years ago. I lost a lot of weight, but stopped going to the classes and gained it all back and a bit more.

I just hope I won't lose motivation, especially when I'm going abroad in late Oct/early Nov.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

You did right drinking only water. Next step should be to slowly cut as much fat and sugar as you can. That means junk food, sweets, butter, oil... But keep in mind that you should not stop eating them, because in a balanced diet it's good to have a bit of everything.
Then start eating more fruit and vegetables, even when you feel like having a steak. Fruit and vegs have lots of vitamins and antioxidants (sp?) that keep your body young. Eat also a lot of pulses rather than meat or cheese. Don't give up carbs, but on the other hand try not to eat too many of them: a small serving of pasta or rice is a lot better than a bagel.
And of course... exercise! Make your body fit and you'll feel a lot better. Running is good because it makes your whole body move. Swimming is even better because it gives a good body toning, so if you have a local swimming pool go for it! If you're not into exercise, then find a sport that you'd like to practise: when I was a kid i used to go to karate and fencing class, and I loved it.

I've lost a lot of weight through the years: don't worry, it's something you can do, it just take a bit of willpower but you'll be rewarded for what you sacrifice If you want help just PM me.

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd really like to lose weight. I've been told I'm a healthy weight/size but most of my friends are very skinny, especially my best friend, I'm sick of feeling fat next to them. And I definately need to be healthier, too. I'm sixteen but I get breathless alot, which I know is DEFINATELY not good. Plus there's the junk food = pizza face factor.

I've been trying so, so hard to lay off the junk food. I start off determined to never ever eat it again... three days later I'm practically begging my nan to get me a bag of chips. But... now the holidays have started I'd like to lose a little weight before I go back to school. I've told my nan that, if I crack, and start asking for chips or whatever, to remind me that I DO NOT want to do that :p

I want to start excersising... I want some kinda excercise machine lol, but they're expensive, we don't have the money for stuff like that. I'd like to start going bike riding with my nan's friend Shazza and Shazza's boyfriend Bruce, or walking with my nan.

My nan's sister said something about how chewing gum actually makes you fat, something about your... stomach opening up, I think she said. Is that true, because I've been chewing Extra sugarless gum, that whitens teeth, to stop me wanting to eat when I'm bored. I was just told this about five hours ago and haven't chewed gum since, lol.
Beast Boy/Raven, Mai/Zuko, Katara/Aang, Sokka/Suki, Korra/Asami, Kai/Jinora, Jasper/Maya, Clarke/Lexa, Monty/Harper, JT/Liberty, Cheryl/Toni, Jason/Janet, Chidi/Eleanor, Chidi/Simone, Eleanor/Tahani, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Leta/Newt, Leta/Theseus
beebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittaM
You did right drinking only water. Next step should be to slowly cut as much fat and sugar as you can. That means junk food, sweets, butter, oil... But keep in mind that you should not stop eating them, because in a balanced diet it's good to have a bit of everything.
Then start eating more fruit and vegetables, even when you feel like having a steak. Fruit and vegs have lots of vitamins and antioxidants (sp?) that keep your body young. Eat also a lot of pulses rather than meat or cheese. Don't give up carbs, but on the other hand try not to eat too many of them: a small serving of pasta or rice is a lot better than a bagel.
And of course... exercise! Make your body fit and you'll feel a lot better. Running is good because it makes your whole body move. Swimming is even better because it gives a good body toning, so if you have a local swimming pool go for it! If you're not into exercise, then find a sport that you'd like to practise: when I was a kid i used to go to karate and fencing class, and I loved it.

I've lost a lot of weight through the years: don't worry, it's something you can do, it just take a bit of willpower but you'll be rewarded for what you sacrifice If you want help just PM me.
See this is the part that is soso hard. Cause I'm from Wisconsin so my whole family LOVES dairy products chesse, cottage chesse, butter, chesse, chesse, and more chesse. This is my complete downfall. Plus i live with my mother still. So shopping day and i got all this CHESSE infornt of me. So what do i do Eat it. I also LOVE bread and TACOS. So i cant help it.

Angie
Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELforBUFFY
See this is the part that is soso hard. Cause I'm from Wisconsin so my whole family LOVES dairy products chesse, cottage chesse, butter, chesse, chesse, and more chesse. This is my complete downfall. Plus i live with my mother still. So shopping day and i got all this CHESSE infornt of me. So what do i do Eat it. I also LOVE bread and TACOS. So i cant help it.

Angie
Mhm... cheese is delicious and I agree Maybe you can start and give up certain kinds of cheese, keeping only the ones you really like. For example, I'm from Italy and I could never give up parmesan, especially on pasta. But if i want to keep on eating it I can't have soft cheese or I'll get fat
Maybe you can decide one or two kinds of cheese and eat one of them every second day. That's a start. Try cutting about 50% and then give yourself time to get used to it. Same thing for bread and tacos: don't give them up altogether, just eat half as much as you usually do.

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread