Off Topic

Karen, how are you?
The bunny thread has been dead lately.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone
Old 08-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I’ve just been having a boring summer so I have nothing to talk about much
Old 08-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
Karen, how are you?
The bunny thread has been dead lately.
It began to rain this evening for the first time in about a month. got a migraine and muscle pain but didn't last long.

Had a wonderful Physical Therapy appointment. The neck and left shoulder and arm relaxed me so much I almost fell asleep before doing any of the exercises. I was able to lift/straighten my left arm while on my back to 165 degrees. 15 degrees more than expected with the type of surgery I had...with my bicep muscle needed to be used to work as the rotator cuff since there was so many tear that were repaired during surgery on June 4th!!! I have had 18 out of the 24 ordered PT sessions now.

Hard for me to believe it is almost September already!!! Almost another weekend!!! Hope to make it to church this Sunday....made it once now since surgery....

Hey Erin I have missed you. I have missed you, too Leanne School begins soon and your Library work will begin soon. Hope you will have nice teachers to work with and good classes that come in to use the Library.

Carol Hope You have a good year teaching. How many classes do you have???

Have I missed someone??? If so, didn't mean to.....

Old 08-30-2019, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Bunnies

Karen It sounds like you are making great progress with your physical therapy And I am teaching a full load, so for us, that is four classes (in conjunction with advising our students, etc).

Erin

Leanne Summer is almost over. For me, it already is.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

I made it to church on Sunday, the first (1st) of September. I got there early so I could socialize with some friends in the coffee house and "lobby" "Narthex" area before you get to the Sanctuary. I had time to check out a book.I chose the book "Gray Matter" written by a neurosurgeon who lives in San Diego, California. He has learned that prayer for his patients and staff before, during and after surgery has made a big difference in the outcome of each surgery. At first patients were skeptical but the success of the surgeries, calmness of the surgeon and the fact he remained humble as his reputation as an excellent neurosurgeon rose was a real comfort for patients and families.

Yes, I am so pleased with my range of motion with my left arm since the June 4th surgery!!! Allthe hard work I have done and continue to do for my shoulder/arm and right arm and shoulder as well as my lower back and knees are paying off. I was able to go on a 20 minute walk in the warm sunshine the longest walk since being without a walker a few years ago!!! I wasn't tired or winded when done walking!!!

Got some fresh Rhubarb from some neighbors. Have a wonderful recipe for Rhubarb muffins!!! I also enjoy Strawberry-Rhubarb pie!!!

Hope all is well with all of you!!!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I've never tried fresh Rhubarb, though I have eaten strawberyy-rhubarb pie from the bakery
Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

glad to hear your moving more easily now, Karen, and that you could go back to church!

Yum, I love strawberry and rhubarb muffins and pies

First day back at work and I have a lot of setting up and deleted old books out of the library before students begin borrowing books! Its good to be back to a schedule with things to do with my brain and time again!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Leanne Guess you are tired after your first day!!!

Yes, it is wonderful to be able to get around so much easier and walk farther and longer length of time!!! Hope to be able to walk around Green Lake by next Spring/Summer it is 3 miles in diameter the walk/jogging area.

Once Dean brings home a small carton of Buttermilk, I can make the Rhubarb Muffins. I got the recipe from my mother in-law approx 30 years ago!!! I can add whatever fruit I want that I have on hand.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Leanne Sounds like a good first day. I'm glad you're happy to be back to work and on a regular schedule again.

Karen homemade muffins? That sounds amazing. The only muffins I've made are the ones from a pre-packaged set, where I just add the egg and milk.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I’ve been very productive back already cause I’m glad to have tasks to do again after two months of not!

Tomorrow I’m back with my negative co-worker though for maybe another year. I really hope she doesn’t repeat how she was last year.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh no I'm sorry you are working with the same person again.

I hate working with negative people. It's hard to have a good day and stay positive when they bring you down. Hopefully her attitude is better this year.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So far, our first day back together was positive. She will be having surgery and gone for 3 months so it will give me a break too when that happens next month!

Karen, are you getting a thunder and lightning storm like I am here?
Old 09-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

For about four hours this evening to night we had a very LOUD Thunder and Bright Lightening Storm in the Greater Seattle/Western Washington areas!!! Also, Hard rain and Hail the size of marbles fell for about an hour. Our lights flickered on and off for several hours. My pot roast in the crock pot was done and put away and dishwasher had completed the drying cycle!!! We made sure we had our "Lantern" type flash lights nearby and in every room with new or working batteries. Our battery operated candles are always accessable year round. I am one of the few who thoroughly enjoy thunder and lightening storms and when the house shake from the loud BOOM!!! I don't know why it excites me but it always has. I know not to go outside on purpose when lightening is nearby.
As a nurse at Children's Hospital here in Seattle, I had taken care of a few patients who had been struck by lightening. I got to see the entrance strike and the exit burn on the bottom of the foot on one of the teenage girls. It was black and circular. She said when she was struck on the side of her it was an electrical jolt/shock to her body until it exited her body and burned a hole in the bottom of her shoe!!! Now that IS scary!!! She was fortunate she wasn't injured with brain damage and memory loss or reflex problems. Whatever injuries she had didn't last long and she was discharged home in less than a week. Not all lightening struck patients struck in the head are so fortunate...some are in comas for a while.

How is every