Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

friends.....

What do u do when ur closest friends doesnt seem to understand the things going on in your life, like there is no support from them whatsoever. That they can see why you want to better life instead of just hanging out with them.

these are my friends, i started going to college, back in the fall. and i am doing very well there, i am getting the grades that i want and everything, well except for last term when my grades slip, and my mom told me to cut down the socialize till i get my grades back up, i told this to my friends, and they just got mad, they see this as my mom is purposely trying to keep me from hanging out with them, when really that isnt the case at all. she just want me to get ahead of my studies something all of my friends doesnt understand, because they are all arent school, they have part time jobs more than one, and amy, my other friend isnt even working, so to be completey complain about me i feel they arent being true friends to me at all, what should i do.
Marissa: Thank You
behrlover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hopefully they just need some time to let it ingest. They might be jealous of the fact you are in University and they aren't. Just let it be for awhile and maybe at some stage organise a movie night or something, just so they know that you still care about them. They might be feeling left out of the new life you have...so focus on your grades and be paitent. And if they are still asses to you after your effort, then it's thier own fault.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I can understand where your coming from in high school I worked and went to school and had a very busy social life. I let my freind's not support me and put me down. After a while I thought friend's were suppose to be that way I let my grades fall and started partying and skipping school more and more. After high school I started going on my own and meet new freind's. Relize this it's YOUR life not your freind's. If school is imporant to you then cut back on going out, if your freind's don't support you then there not freind's even though they say they are. You need to make your self happy not then. Try sitting down and talking to them about how you feel and if that doesn't work then try making some new freind's (it hurts but if you have better freind's you'll feel better) try also maybe getting a part time job or joining clubs and fun stuff.
I hope that helps! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
New Fan

You get used to not having anyone aroung, you're best to.

Life can be a whole lot better if people don't expect anything from others.

Then there's no let downs.

Whether your mum is or is not taking you away from your mates doesn't matter. At least from your perspective.

All that matters is what you think.

If you're wanting to do more studying and feel it will help you then do it and your mates will understand just keep the whole "mum" thing out of the equation.

Tell them you want to study not that your mum made you.
Bill bobidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

I've been going through all the threads in off-topic trying to find the appropriate place to put this as I didn't want to start a new topic.

Okay, I'll keep this as brief as possible.

In the spring I did a terrible and ****ty thing and I lost one of my closest online friends because of it. I since apologized.
The person has me on block. I tried everything with getting others to talk on my behalf to using a different email address and nada. More time passes. I send this person a virtual postcard a few days ago and THEY read it. I got the notification. Keep in mind I'm sorry for what I did.

It's two days since the postcard and there are no emails or instant messages for me. Is the friendship over? I don't want it to be over. It really hurts, because I feel in the scheme things what happened was really mild. But if it is over I need to accept it.

They might start posting again on the forum...(but I'm not sure)
But, I would think if they wanted to be friends again, there wouldn't be a two day gap after the postcard. I want nothing more than to make it right, and I feel like I'm being treated like the worst person ever. Yes, I did a bad thing and I was rude. But I didn't think the friendship would be forever gone. Do we have a chance? Or do I consider the postcard notification as a sort of "closure" since I got no reply.

I'm afraid to send this but I need advice on the subject.

Carol
Good_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Jay
Master Fan

just go with your instincts...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

That's a toughie, Jay.

Because on one hand, I usually am an optimistic person that believes anything can happen.

Then on the other hand, I'm not sure. I'm hoping that maybe they need time to think about things.

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10
just go with your instincts...
Good_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

behrlover18, I'm in the same boat as you basically speaking and my view of it is that friends need to be open minded and understand and empathize otherwise they're not true friends and don't deserve your time. I mean it makes sense but even for me it's hard to take and I'm the one dishing it out...
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread