Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't ever try and mug a pregnant, pissed off woman..

So, there I was 'waddling along' the road that takes me to my apartment complex. Sweating a lot, I was carrying mucho extra weight..a shopping bag in each hand and a baby and extra flab that comes with being 7 months pregant . I was also mightly pissed off, as a hell of a lot of bills had come through this morning and they all needed to be paid, like, yesterday
And just to let you all more into my head space, two weeks ago(on my birthday) I lost my purse with over €300 in it. That's about £200 or $350.
When suddenly an arm (with an extreme case of B.O ) goes around my throat, and I can feel a tug at my hand bag. In a split second, I realise I'm about to lose my hang-bag with my cash, cards, keys, beloved personal stuff like photos etc. I wasn't worried about anything else (ie rape) as it was the middle of the day and there were alot of other people around, but a thief can get away with your hand-bag in a second. So instead of doing the intelligent thing which was let him have the bag, so I wouldn't get hurt..I turned around really quickly and head-butted the guy. There was no way in hell I was going to lose more money, and my house keys (as usual I needed a pee) etc. He got such a shock (I guess a pregnant woman can seem such an easy target) that he just froze for a second, inwhich time I punched his face with all my strenght screaming, in Italian, that he could think again if he thought I was about to give up my bag. It's weird, I can remember every single detail, its playing over and over in my head.
People who I had never said hello to before, but have seen around the streets for years started to run up to help me but the guy got away. They called an ambulance but I was OK, apart from the bruise on my forehead from where I head-butted him, and my swollen knuckles from where I punched him. After giving my details to the police (aparently I wasn't the only one he mugged today) I got home, and immediately had a good cry and another shower..I feel like I have to 'wash him off me' if that makes sense.
I'm still shaking, but am happy that he didn't get my bag..perhaps if he had attacked me when I was feeling more relaxed...
Old 06-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Well done you! If that happened in the UK, you would currently be in prison for GBH. The mugger would have prosocuted and would have gotten about £3000 for his troubles.

So moving to your country.

You find power in the oddest situations. The shaking will probably go as its the adrenaline leaving your system. I would say be careful of shock but by the sounds of things you are doing well!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

wow, you go girl, i dont think i would do that, and god, being pregnant as well...

I agree with Smaug, you find strength in the strangest of places, and under extreme cases of stress...

glad your ok though, take it easy
Old 06-09-2005, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Devon! I'm just glad you didn't get hurt...and since it all worked out, you!
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm so glad you're okay.

People are sick, targeting vulnerable people like the elderly or a pregnant woman, in particular is just appalling. But you showed him.
Papri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad that you're okay! I got mugged once, and I wasn't nearly as brave as you--it takes a long time to get over something like that.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad your ok, good on you for fighting back - it was so brave of you. Hope you feel ok now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug
Well done you! If that happened in the UK, you would currently be in prison for GBH. The mugger would have prosocuted and would have gotten about £3000 for his troubles.
Ugh, I know...I hate stupid things like that. It's like the law about what's considered 'reasonable force' when someone breaks into your house, as if you have time to think 'now if I hit him with the golf club while he's running away I might go to prison'. Pfft.

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Devon glad your ok

I got mugged last year and I chased after them for ages but Im not too good at running
You coped really well
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

omg Dev!!! I'm SO glad you and your baby are okay! I think I'd just let him have the bag...everything is replaceable except you and your baby.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Supreme Fan

aww I'm glad you're okay now!

Your post is so detailed, I can really imagining everthing....

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr
Soop 4-evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn...Devon....I wanna be like you when I'm 7 months pregnant.

I'm just glad you are okay. Don't try anything like that again

CourtneyS416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:03 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Old 06-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki
That's great!
CourtneyS416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Devon!

Be more careful next time though. You probably got a wimp muggler, targeting pregnant women and all. Ugh.

But hey, great story to tell your No. 5....."When mommy was carrying you, one time this guy tried to mug me....."
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

Woww I'm glad to hear you are ok and still have all your money and the baby is fine

I believe it must have a been great shock for you
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread