Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Do you ever wonder......

What your life would be like if you were, say, born to another set of parents or born a few years later/earlier? I just thought of this a minute ago and wondered if anyone else ever thought about it.
pinch990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Its a Wonderful Life 2: Straight to video release

Yeah I thought about that, it's a interesting thought

yeah I thought of that happening, but would never want to have another set of parents, I love my current parents to much and my family, close family and extended family to much....

It would mean, all the loves one's u know, would be gone...... it would be wierd to run into them on the street and have them not know you

Last edited by capesidefan; 09-23-2004 at 01:02 AM
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. I think we're all prone to that. But I also think that God wouldn't have given me this life if this particular one wouldn't realize my full potential as a person -- complete with all the good and bad experiences.

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
supergirlhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Supreme Fan

That thought kind of terrifies me since I've got too good a life to ever want that to happen

I've been given the chance to do what I love AND to best at the same time, I have amazing friends, an amazing family, and amazing oppurtunities.

So luckily I'm stuck in my skin for the next little while
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend

Last edited by AngelDevil; 09-23-2004 at 01:27 AM
AngelDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I wonder that a lot. Or what if other people were just slightly different. But if that were the case, I wouldn't be me and they wouldnt be themselves fully. This is my life and this is what I have to work with to achieve everything I can.
(I'm cheesy today, even my LJ post was on this tone. haha. dork!)
Quote:
Originally posted by supergirlhero
Yeah. I think we're all prone to that. But I also think that God wouldn't have given me this life if this particular one wouldn't realize my full potential as a person -- complete with all the good and bad experiences.
I love May. She is so smart.
e. e. cummings - somewhere i have never traveled
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I wonder that a lot... sometimes to much.

My life is pretty messed up sometimes and my parental units are not around and I always wonder how my life would be If I had been born to a "normal" couple and had the big white house and another perfect sibling and all that. But I wouldn't be the person I am today and I guess sometimes I like who I am. I love my family and I am glad I have had the life I have, it has taught me a lot.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by elisheva
But if that were the case, I wouldn't be me and they wouldnt be themselves fully. This is my life and this is what I have to work with to achieve everything I can.

I love May. She is so smart.
We think alike, hun I love you too.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:55 AM
Supreme Fan

yea, i think about what if my parents had never met and what if they stopped at 2 kids and didnt have a third...there would be no me. When I'm real depressed, it's not such a bad thought...but I like my parents...sometimes, so it's cool.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think about things like that so much as I think about the what ifs when it comes to my own life and the decisions I've made.. especially lately.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

You know, it sometimes helps if you think of life as a Choose Your Own Adventure, and that the ending is the best possible ending given all of the decisions you've made. Things always work out, but one only thinks of it as working for the best if they have the benefit of hindsight.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Total Fan

Doesn't everyone think about it?

To quote DMB:
Don't you ever wonder... maybe if things had been slightly different, you could be somebody else? Don't you wonder, maybe, if ya took a left turn instead of taking that right you could be somebody different... don't you ever wonder could I have been? Anyone anyone? Don't you ever wonder, could I have been anyone other than me?

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
under the table and dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

i think about that all the time. I've always thought that it would have been fun to be born in the mid seventies so that I could have really experienced the 80s, except for the fashion
Old 09-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Definitely. Not because I'm depressed, though. It's just curiosity. I think about the whole "what if I was born later" thing more than "what if I was born to another couple". It terrifies me to think what might've happened to me if I was born, say, five years ago. A lot of the little kids I've met through tutoring are just so spoiled, and take everything for granted. But then again, I guess that's how everyone was during those ages. *shrugs*
Old 09-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Sometimes I wonder what would've happen had I been switched at birth or if I were raised by wolves or something. If you know my family you'll understand. :-P
Old 09-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had different parents or had made different decisions...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread