Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Bereavement....Sharing the Sorrow

We all deal with sorrow at times in our lives--losing a family member, a friend, or a pet is incredibly painful. But we can get through these times with the help of caring friends.

I've noticed recently that we need a thread where we can discuss this sort of sadness so I hope that you will share with us here.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

there are so many...I dunno where to start
Jaymez_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I think this is a good idea, Lem.

When you lose someone close to you, sometimes it helps to talk about it.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymez_NY (View Post)
there are so many...I dunno where to start
I think I know what you mean--sometimes it's hard to describe loss. And I've lost a lot, too.

Perhaps the thing to do is start where it hurts worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
I think this is a good idea, Lem. ...

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Was this based on the Black Friday incident at Wal-Mart? I don't know, just have a weird feeling.

Well, I guess the most recent loss I probably have gone through was my dog having died three weeks ago. But all of that is on the Pet Thread.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Was this based on the Black Friday incident at Wal-Mart? I don't know, just have a weird feeling.
No, actually, I've been thinking about a thread like this for awhile but actually posting it was inspired by one of our posters who needed a thread to post on but didn't know where to post.

Quote:
Well, I guess the most recent loss I probably have gone through was my dog having died three weeks ago. But all of that is on the Pet Thread.
Losing a pet is incredibly hard.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still hurting over the premature death of my sister-in-law through illness. She has been dead for two years now..we were so close, there isn't a day I don't think about her.
Also this year (2008)was a bad one for grandmothers, I lost both of them within three months of each other. This Christmas will be a bit strained for all my extended family as it's the first one without them for my parents, aunts and uncles.
My grandmothers were old and I guess it was their time to go, so even though it's sad for me, it's a lot easier to handle then my sister-in-laws death who was way too young and left young children at home
Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi I was in need of place to post. Two weeks ago I found out I lost my therapist. She was diagnose with lung cancer at the end of last year, she under went treatment and the last time I saw her she was in remission. I was suppose to see her the week after I found out. I called her to talk to her but a man answer her phone, it was her son. He told me she had past away and it was a terrible shock to me. I’m still in complete denial (the first state of grieving) I can’t believe it. I’ll mention something about her and then remember she is gone and it breaks my heart all over again. She was more than a therapist to me. We had a closer bond, she told me she was sick, I knew her kids and her grand kids. She used to tell me she cared about my like if I were her own daughter. I feel like now that she is gone a part of me is dead.

Lem thank you so much for opening the thread
Time has stopped; time is racing. Lochie's lips are rough yet smooth, hard yet gentle. His fingers are strong: I feel them in my hair and on my neck and down my arms and against my back. And I never want him to let me go.
Wicked Witch of the East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

I lost my grandfather on December 24, 2004. It's four years now, but I still see him smile and do things with me. He was great and I miss him a lot. Everytime around Christmas I'm thinking more of him and it makes me still sad. He had cancer and I was with him when he died. He died in pain but then, when he was gone, he looked so peaceful, so free. I still think that he waited for Christmas day, don't know why, but this was the day, where everyone of our family was with him. I'll never forget him...
Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

I really believe that people live on in our hearts because we love them.

I was the primary caregiver for my mother and my stepfather. Because I had to spend so much time with them for a number of years, I really didn't pay a lot of attention to other relationships in my life so it's been a big adjustment to living without them.

I'm still learning to cope.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh, it's so sad to read about your losses, whether it be the pet, therapist, sister-in-law or whomever BUt I do believe that sometimes it helps to remember them and talk about them
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

I lost my maternal grandmother in Nov. 2002. I was in Singapore with my family at the time, and didn't even get to see her body, let alone attend the funeral. I used to call her "mom"
Jaymez_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymez_NY (View Post)
I lost my maternal grandmother in Nov. 2002. I was in Singapore with my family at the time, and didn't even get to see her body, let alone attend the funeral. I used to call her "mom"
It's hard to feel that you haven't had a proper time to say good-bye. I missed my father's funeral and I have never been to see his grave because I live too far away to do so. But I believe that our loved ones understand.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Addicted Fan

I lost my Grandma Toni in June 2002 and I lost my Ja-Ja (Grandfather in Polish) just in May of 2008. I find it very hard, but what gives me a lot of comfort they are in heaven together and reunited at last.

What was so strange is that each of their funerals and burials fell on a grandchild's birthday. My Grandma Toni was buried on my cousin Brian's birthday, and my Ja-Ja was buried on my cousin Becca's birthday. It was so weird. Once was weird, but to have happen twice, really made all of us wonder.

My family and including the extended family take the best way we each know how to do. Each day gets a little better, but when the holidays arrive that is when it is the hardest.

I know that they are angels watching us from heaven and guiding us through the good times and the bad times...

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle (View Post)
...What was so strange is that each of their funerals and burials fell on a grandchild's birthday...
It's odd how that happens sometimes--it has happened in a similar way with my family. My mother died the day before my birthday and my grandmother died a few days after my birthday. My father died just before Christmas and my stepdad died on Valentines.

Reply   Post New Thread