Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Passionate Fan

bangs... help!

ok this is gonna seem like a weird topic probably not one for guys since I am asking girls' opinions

so I got my hair cut and got bangs for the first time since I was about 9.
I got it cut like kiera knightly's hair on the cover of the Aug Cosmo.

The thing is, I am having trouble styling them. I tried the curling iron this morning and burned myself and they were still flat and stringy looking by the end of the day

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to style them or as to what products they use to keep them looking good?

"Love is being stupid together."

I have my own fun...
bexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

did you use hairspray when you curled them? because...that helps. heh.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

I need help too. I gave them to myself because I'm a d*ck...and they are even enough I guess but they always part themselves and it winds up looking idiotic
Old 07-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I did use a little spray, maybe not enough cuz I didn't want them to look all stiff and stuff... maybe mousse works better?

Monroe, can you get them touched up a bit by someone? maybe that will help?

I have my own fun...
Old 07-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Becky, we need a picture!
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Mine are sort of like that (except that now they've grown somewhat, been badly trimmed, and will hence be screwed up for the next little while )

Your problem is that after a while they are out of place and a little limp, sort of? I'm not sure yet how to fix that, actually. In the mornings, if the part isn't right, I always just re-wet my hair and try and comb them into how I like them. Besides that, I generally leave them alone - my hair's fine, so it doesn't take a lot of effort. The only product I ever really use is a light hairspray.. Garnier Fructis AquaSpray for long hair. Besides that, I guess I just fix my hair before I go out and hope the metro tunnels aren't too windy. I've kind of resigned myself to having messier hair at the end of the day. *shrug* But if anyone knows anything that really works, I'd actually appreciate a tip myself.
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

What are bangs?
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio
Becky, we need a picture!
Will's answer for everything maybe when I figure out how to make them look decent hun

Aussie, hair bangs hun, like on the forehead

I have my own fun...
Old 07-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

I like to just curl the ends of my bangs with a 2 inch iron. then I back comb under them so they poof out a bit. then a hairspray that doesn't make them stiff helps.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

AH a fringe!
Cute!

Ok I recoommend you get some Velcro curlers. You can get them in all different sizes and you pop them in your hair then blowdry over them - it gives the best shape. I hope you can get them where you are - they sell them everywhere here.
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles
What are bangs?
I think that the British call it "fringe". I'm not too sure.

I got sick of my bangs so I let them grow out. I keep them just long enough to put them in a ponytail.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

You can get a product in some hair salons for bangs. If you have heated rollers or rollers quite big ones but it in your hair before you dry it then do what you normaly so and it should be okay. Don't keep brushing it coz it'll make it go limb. Also a big rounded brush and use it when drying the hair may help - As your blow drying the front use the big rounded brush and put some volumising mouse in when its wet.

Ah new my hair saloon work would come in useful one day.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

This is why I don't have bangs.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Jay
Master Fan

i think you should use mousse..since it feels light but have some shiness to it. dab it on your hair first and immediatley use the iron thing and curl your bangs up.

or maybe u need to use some sort of speacial conditioner along with shampoo...then again..the iron thing needs some adjustment with the bangs since u have used it for the first time...so it takes a while till the bangs and iron thing coperate as one.

but ahem...don't take what i said in consideration since i'm a guy.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

also! a tip! to give your hair like...and moldable-ness to it, you can take styling wax (or pomade, whathaveyou) and just rub it in your palms and spread it through wet hair. if you do that with just a little bit of wax it makes your hair sort of...feel like you haven't washed it even though you have, and therefore easier to style. does that make sense? i don't know...i'm all disjointed tonight.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread