Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Addicted Fan

The Open Door Discussion thread

So, I made this thread for discussion about The Open Door, new Evanescence album.

Tracklist:
01. Sweet Sacrifice
02. Call Me When You're Sober
03. Weight Of The World
04. Lithium
05. Cloud Nine
06. Snow White Queen
07. Lacrymosa
08. Like You
09. Lose Control
10. The Only One
11. Your Star
12. All That I'm Living For
13. Good Enough

ABOUT THE SONGS
Quote:
1. Sweet Sacrifice- The listener is captivated by the universe of Amy Lee (for?) the first seconds of the disc, at a time when the Neogothic goddess takes great breaths to better carry us away for an hour. Terry’s guitar part (intelligible) with the intense (high notes) so that the voice of Amy follows in the same completeness. The postulate is asked (for) the first period of time (section); the 2006 ____ of Evanescence is very heavy and the production a lot less cold than Fallen.

2. Call Me When You’re Sober- The (first?) excerpt of the album begins with a short, soulful piano intro (the favorite instrument of Amy on which she has composed the majority of the works) by a bombastic song and produces enough. (wtf?) One will equally notice the samples at the end of the first refrain. Amy: “This is DJ Lethal (House of Pain, Limp Bizkit), who is friends with Terry, who is in charge of the samples. He has done an enormous job on the programming, I am more than satisfied/happy with his contribution to the CD!” Most of Terry’s guitar and the rhythm arrangements of John LeCompt make it one of the heaviest songs of the album. The words of the chorus (You never call me when you’re sober/You only want it ‘cause it’s over) are not (probably?) foreign to the ex-relationship of the singer with Shaun Morgan of Seether.

3. The Weight of the World- The guitars disembark/dismiss for the intro when Amy’s voice ____ in murmurs (unintelligible) in alliance(?) with the (somethings) of Basalmo. The song becomes more and more synthetic while the guitar propels itself in an electro-acoustic accompaniment. A radically different title in the index of Evanescence.

4. Lithium- The enchanting (delightful) piano/voice duo of the first minutes of the piece immediately (tappelle- whatever that means in French, resemble maybe?) the ballad My Immortal of the preceding album. When the base, the guitar, and the drums enter (or return) into the song (seeming like the second version of My Immortal released (commercialized) as a single), the ambiance makes it more than solemn. The voice (is filled with) emotion and in this way makes ___ the listener into a sadness, reminding (one) gives off the compositions of Origin (the true first album of the group edited in 2000, read the first part of the story in last month’s ROCKMAG). The first light part of the album.

5. Cloud Nine- A plunge (I think that’s it…I keep getting different meanings, one including “dishwasher”) follows into a true BO (what does BO mean?) of dark movies, with the murmurs and vocals of Amy who we rock(?) during all the song in a very somber atmosphere. The samples of DJ Lethal marry(…?) perfectly a new time to the music.

6. Snow White Queen- The glaucous (wtf is a glaucous) has more rigor in the intro than the drums tend (seem) more and more to electronic at the wire of the piece. The refrain (You belong to me/My snow white queen) is very effective.

Some lyrics of "Snow White Queen" - You belong to be/My Snow White Queen

9- Lose control h

It as piano and loud guitars.
Amy says in person that
Dave understands her very well like he his in her head.. etc.

10- The only one
(sorry I take the things I can read)

The intro here is remarquable with the guitar.
The "something" of Terry Balsamo, the panio and the vocal
of Amy seem like those in "missing" (on anywhere but home)
when the 7th riff guitar arrive they make a reference with
koRN, thoughless.
They say its the third gold piece of the album!!!!

11- your star

the piano is the principal instrument here. They put
in front the sound maturity of the band the riff and
the choral are coming back (dark) .. another epic!

12- All I'm living for

The guitar open here the song and then the piano with a
heave riff. They say there is a reference with the title
of the album in the chorus who already
carve in our memory after a small number of listenings.
indisputably the 4th (bomb?) of the album...

13- Good enough

there is a piano and the voice is really intimate and generator of emotion
part of the lyrics: Am I good enough for you to live..(dark) good enough to love me. Its a 5 minutes song

~~

Resume each track...

The Open Door

01- Sweet Sacrifice: In this song Terry seems to hit some intense higher notes on the guitars along with Amy's voice that follows in the same completeness. A heaviest song and less cold than Fallen.

02- Call Me When You're Sober: Along with a short and soulful piano intro, most of Terry's guitar and the rhythm arrangements of John make this song one of the heaviest songs on The Open Door. Some lyrics: you never call me when you're sober/you only want it 'cause it's over.

03- Weight Of The World: It seems that the guitars were dismissed for the intro when Amy's voice emerges in murmurs. This song becomes more and more synthetic while the guitar propels itself in an electro-acoustic accompaniment. A radically different title on Evanescence index.

04- Lithium: An enchanting piano and voice duo in the first minute of the song is immediately followed by the bass, the guitars and the drums that enter into the song later. Labeled as the My Immortal of the The Open Door. Amy's voice is filled with emotions and makes the listener feeling a sadness reminded in Origin. The first light part of the album.

05- Cloud Nine: Supposedly based on dark movies with whispered voices and Amy's vocals that haunt you in a very somber atmosphere.

06- Snow White Queen: The intro has rigorous and heavy guitars and the drums seem more and more electronic at the wire of the piece. Some lyrics: you belong to me/my snow white queen.

07- Lacrymosa: The orchestra is composed by 22 people conducted by Dave Campbell, a source of inspiration for Amy and very talented. A cover of Mozart's Requiem.

08- Like You: No chance to translate since the bad quality of the picture that doesn't allow to.

09- Lose Control: The only information that is visible is it has piano and loud guitars.

10- The Only One: The intro is remarkable with the guitars. This song is somehow reminiscent of Missing. There's a mention to Thoughtless, when the seventh riff guitar arrives. It is said to be the third gold piece of The Open Door.

11- Your Star: The piano is the main instrument in this song. It shows a maturity of sound from the band and it is included riffs and dark choir in the backgrounds. The most epic song in The Open Door.

12- All That I'm Living For: The guitars open this song and then enters the piano with a heavy riff. There's somehow a reference with the title of The Open Door in the chorus that easily carve in our memories after a small short of time listening the song.

13- Good Enough: A 5 minute song, the piano and Amy's voice really intimidate, fulled of dark emotions. Some lyrics: am I good enough for you to live/good enough to love me.

GET THE TRAILER

THE OPEN DOOR in stores 03.10.2006

(Can't wait )

Post on!
I hate the small talk and the empty days

Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Extreme Fan

October 3rd is far too long away especially when the original release date was August 18th!!!

The album (reads) like it's going to be even more amazing than origin or fallen...or any other EP combined.

Ashleigh
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, we've been waiting a long time. But I think it will be totally worth the wait.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Have you guys heard the single yet? It leaked early. XD
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so excited about this new album I'm pretty sure it will Rule CANNOT wait to buyt it already!
"It was not as though he was really surprised, thought Harry, as he wrestled with a thorny vine intent upon throttling him; he had an inkling that THIS might happen sooner or later."-HBP- so did we Harry!

Avi by livin4foxy
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

The new single is awesome! So is the video! I love it!!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Check out the News thread. There is a pic of what I think could be the album cover. Yes, I'm too lazy to bring it over..
Old 08-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG, the photo is fantastic. I love Amy's dress. I still have in my head 'Lacrymosa' from TOD trailer.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

The photo for the album cover is just amazing, I really love it.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Probably the cover:

Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

I really hope that's the cover, it's gorgeous. Love how it looks.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Yes, it's the official cover!

Check this out! the new layout on the www.evanescence.com!

Old 08-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love that cover....probably the most beautiful album cover I've ever seen.

~Kat
Old 08-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome that's the official cover, I love it so much.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

The cover is great, the dress looks just perfect, you guys are right, one of the best covers I've ever seen
"It was not as though he was really surprised, thought Harry, as he wrestled with a thorny vine intent upon throttling him; he had an inkling that THIS might happen sooner or later."-HBP- so did we Harry!

Avi by livin4foxy