Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

I never thought I'd say this but it's time to say goodbye...

First of all: You're the best posters in the world

So, where should I start...as you might've noticed I haven't been around much lately and I've not been the mod I want to be, the mod this board deserves..

I've been moderating this board since it first opened...when was that again? 2 years ago, 3 years ago? I don't know, but it's definitely been a long time. And all this time this board has been my internet home, the first bookmark in my bookmark folder and the place I checked first whenever I went online. I really enjoyed my time here and my time as a moderator at FanForum.

Lately my real life has been really busy, I'm finishing college at the moment and I've just accepted my first full-time permanent job, which I will be starting from September this year. And before that I will go travelling all through Japan for a month. So as you can see, my live is pretty busy at the moment. I'm very excited about all this but at the same time I'm a bit sad, it's kind of like the end of an era for me

I remember reading other moderators resignation posts and I could never really imagine writing one, I always thought to myself "how can real life get in the way of FF? There's always a little bit of time "...yet here I am stepping down and saying goodbye.

Also, the board is going though a tough time at the moment, Anna resigned some time ago and the board is having trouble reaching the required post count, it feels a bit as if I'm letting the board and you guys down. But it wouldn't be fair to stay a moderator if I don't have the time. I hope you all understand my decision and keep posting, 'cause the board needs you, all of you!

So...I guess there's not much more left to say now. Don't worry I'm not leaving for good, you can't get rid of me that fast I will still post from time to time. But don't worry if I don't post for some time, it just means that I'm probably really busy

And if anybody wants to stay in contact with me though MSN, just PM me and I'll give you my address

Jen

Last edited by -CherryPixie-; 03-02-2007 at 01:28 AM
Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

Jen so sad to see you go, but real life comes first and you haev a lot going on. I wish you all the best. Have a blast in your trip!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh this is sad . I'm really sorry to see you go Jen . Hope to see you here from time to time. Whats the job you starting in September? and going to Japan for a month? Wow a girl is lucky huh? . But I know what you mean when RL gets in the way. It sucks because Jen you were a great mod. I'll miss you and I wish you all the best.

I'll pm you, I would like your MSN address!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Adara and Tes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes! (View Post)
Whats the job you starting in September? and going to Japan for a month?
The job is as an Application Developer in a bank (yeah, the famous Swiss banks ). I'm already working there part time but only as a kind of internship and that internship is finished in summer and they want to keep me and offered me a full time job
I've been dreaming of going to Japan for like ever and now before I start working I wanted to go travelling there. I know some people there so I'm going to travel to a couple of cities and hope to see a lot of the country
PMd you back

Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Addicted Fan

That's great they want to take you full time. They must really like you. Go Jen!!!

When you going to Japan? In the summer? I hope you tell the details of the trip when your back .
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm so happy about it. And by the way it looks I don't even have to do a job interview or anything like that

I'm going for the month of August! Yeah, I'm sure I'll come back with lots of pics stories to tell/show you

Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, thats more great that you don't need a job interview. The worst part of a job is the interview imo! I hate them .
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll miss you Jen Best of luck and I'll pm you in a few