Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

First Daughter--Compared to Chasing Liberty.

TITLE: FIRST DAUGHTER (New Regency)
CAST & CREW:
Director: Forest Whitaker
Written by: Julia Dahl, Jerry O'Connell, Jessica Bendinger (writing credits not final)
Producers: John Davis, Wyck Godfrey
Cast: Katie Holmes, Marc Blucas, Michael Keaton, Amerie Rogers, Margaret Colin, Lela Rochon Fuque .

SYNOPSIS:
Samantha Mackenzie (KATIE HOLMES) wants what every college freshman desires: to experience life away from home and parents. But itąs not going to be easy, because home for Sam is The White House and her dad (MICHAEL KEATON), is the President of the United States. Despite her fishbowl existence, Sam meets and falls for James (MARC BLUCAS), the Resident Advisor in her dorm.

[foxmovies.com]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Samantha Mackenzie (Holmes), the 18-year-old daughter of the president of the United States, demands that she be allowed to go to college without having to be followed by a fleet of secret service agents (with their suits, sunglasses, ear-pieces and very unhip attitudes), her dad agrees... while actually assigning one of the youngest Secret Service agents to follow her around on campus disguised as a student anyway. The president's plan goes smoothly until the young agent falls in love with this girl he has to spend all day following, and she falls in love with him too, until... she finds out whom he really is. Can their love outlive the deception that gave it fruit?

Release Date: November 19th, 2004 (wide).
MPAA Rating: PG for language, sexual situations and alcohol-related material.
Distributor: 20th Century Fox

[yahoomovies.com]

Does anyone else think this movie sounds exactly like Chasing Liberty?! I swear the plots are exactly the same! President's daughter wants to be free without all the security guards and stuff and is lead to believe that she's free only to find out she's been followed by a secret service agent whom she ends up falling in love with? And wasn't Chasing Liberty orginally going to be titled First Daughter?
TC Fan #1 ~ BSBer #2 ~ Lifer #3
Old 07-31-2004, 06:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Sounds like a total clone to me too, Sam!

I think this movie was supposed to be released the same time as "Chasing Liberty" but I guess the film peoples saw the similarities between both films and pushed back the lesser one- " First Daughter"

Seriously, I have no interest in seeing it.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Me either. Why would I, I've already seen it practically lol.
TC Fan #1 ~ BSBer #2 ~ Lifer #3
Old 07-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I also heard that this movie was supposed to be released at the same time as Chasing Liberty, but like someone said earlier, they probably decided to release it later because the two movies are so similar.

I wouldn't mind seeing this movie though, because I like Katie Holmes and Marc Blucas is a hottie!

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 07-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Passionate Fan

This is really old. There was a whole thing going on how a supposed fight was going on between Mandy and Katie, which I don't think there was but both movies were supposed to come out around the same time but Katie's got pushed back or something.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Extreme Fan

The FD/CL thing has been going on even before either was released. I'll probably go see it. It looks good.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Administrator

I'd like to see it myself, although I like Mandy better than Katie.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I saw chasing liberty and i wouldnt mind seeing this one as well I prefer Mandy over Katie to but both actress's are great. It depends on what roles they play. But your right both films were gonna be released bout hte same time. ANd marc blucas ohhhh Riley from Buffy

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah they filmed these both at the same time, both were titled First Daughter, and Mandy's movie took a different name. Plot is the same though, I'm not even sure why they're releasing it.

Nikki
Old 08-11-2004, 06:17 AM
Extreme Fan

The magic of Chasing Liberty to me was the location, Europe is beautiful. They are releasing First Daugter parallel to the Presidential election.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Yeah i agree with you on the presidental thing. But i loved Chasing Liberty i thought that movie was sooo adorable and well made. BUt i'm curious to see how First Daughter compares to chasing liberty.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 08-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

So far, Katie Holmes has proven to be a box office flop so I seriously doubt it will do well.

Nikki
Old 08-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I think it looks cute, so I'll see it. Besides KH is adorable, and yes MB is very very yummy.
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 08-14-2004, 04:01 AM
Addicted Fan

I'll still see it. Even though Pieces of April was a flop, I heard it was really an incredible movie that would probably shock you.

I don't mind the movies are so similiar, because I'm sure that they'd both bring something different, because they both have different actors who can bring new things to the similar roles. But if it's gonna be exactly the same, I might get bugged, but it wouldn't make me love all the actors that played the roles any less.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
Old 08-17-2004, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

I'll probably go and see it, just like i do when any other member of Dawson's Creek comes out with a movie. But i still really like Chasing Liberty. Mandy and Katie are both good actresses. But not sure which one i like better, probably Mandy since i;ve never heard any bad stuff about her.