Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Joy Music #22: The world's just a bunch of people loving Joy's voice!

Welcome to the 22nd Bethany Joy Music Appreciation Thread

I l o v e s i n g i n g. Getting on stage...it's like reaching in to the bottom of my soul and bringing it right up. I love it.

Welcome to the Bethany Joy Music thread. As most Joie fans have come to know, Bethany Joy is not just an actress. She has many talents and one of them is being blessed with an amazing voice, and the gift of music.

In this post you will find everything you need to know about Joie's musical career thus far so you too, can appreciate her amazing talent. Once you're up to date join in on the appreciating!

I wrote my first song when I was maybe like four years old. I was always wandering around the house making things up. Back then, I learned a lot about singing from listening to Mariah Carey. I would sing to her [albums] and try and get all her riffs and stuff. I would be in my room for hours until I could get it right, it helps being an only child because I didn't have anything else to do!

The Background

Bethany Joy released the limited CD Preincarnate featuring eight original tracks, all performed and written by Bethany Joy. However the CD is no longer available for purchase.

Bethany also sang a track in the 2002 movie Undercover Brother called Ebony and Ivory. Her voice was used for Denise Richard's character who was singing a duet with Eddie Griffin's character.

Bethany performed another original song titled Safe at the House of Blues alongside Gavin DeGraw.

She performed a number of songs as Haley James on One Tree Hill

Joie also sung a beautiful version of the National Anthem at a few of the charity football and basketball games organised by some of the OTH cast.

Joie took to the road on the One Tree Hill tour and performed many original songs including five which she has released on a new album called Come On Home. To read about the tour and find pictures visit the tour threads and to listen/watch clips of the concerts visit the tour Audio/Video thread

On April 13th Joie released a new song to her fans via her official site, called The Lonliness Is Better Near Now. She also posted the much sought after lyrics for John and Junior.

During the summer Joie revealed that she had signed with Epic Records and her first official album is due for release in early 2006!

A new song "One More Thing" was discovered online.

On Sept 14th Joie released another new song via her official site, aptly named Ophelia, as she was stuck inside waiting out hurricane Ophelia.

On November 12th Bethany Joy Lenz's official music site at sony Bethany Joy went live. Fans gained access to the full version of three new tracks... Devil Archerist, Then Slowly Grows (Come To Me), and Sunday Storm

One April 28th Bethany Joy released her first official Podcast. She answered questions from fans - She does plan to release John and Junior in the future sometime but not on this album. The new album is due in October and the first single is going to be Never Gonna Be (C'mon C'mon).

@ BethanyJoyMusic

Podcast #1 transcript(April 28th)

On December 9th, Joy updated her journal and said that her and her music producer, Ron, are full-steam-ahead writing a stage musical, and hope for it to be in some kind of production (workshops, recording, etc) by the end of 2007 at the latest.
In the magazine OK! in October, Joy said that her new CD was titled The Starter Kit and that it was an eclectic mix of music similar to Patty Griffin, Bonnie Raitt and really dramatic Fiona Apple music.
On May 6th, Joie let us know through her personal journal that she and Epic Records have parted ways due to changes in Sony Music, one of these is the change in musical direction in which the label wanted to focus on.

January - Joy has written and recorded songs for the movie Ten Inch Hero which is hoped to be released this summer. If the movie is released the soundtrack will most likely be as well. Read more here and here.

Ten Inch Hero MySpace

Mark's Mammoth Music Blog on Ten Inch Hero and talking about Joy's involvement in the music.

In the end we used 3 songs from this process, 2 rock songs and an emotional ballad.

The songs were recorded at Don's studio in the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles. Bethany Joy flew in while on a break from OTH filming, and she recorded ALL the vocals in basically a day and a half. I was very concerned to have her cram that much singing into 2 days, this was mostly new material, very little rehearsal time, and one of the songs had brand new lyrics, I think she just wrote them on the airplane or something! But she is such a pro and so in control of her voice that it was a piece of cake.

The 3 songs we recorded are titled "The Long Way," "Get Your Love" and "Something Familiar."

I don't know if they will be released before or after the movie comes out, that is a whole [business/ record company /soundtrack] scenario that is impossible to predict. But the one thing I do know is we feel blessed to have been able to work with Bethany Joy Galeotti and bring more of her talents to you! Hope you enjoy the results.

So much of my heart is in my music. If you pay close attention to the lyrics, you can get a much better perception of who I am when my guard is down.

The Songs

Preincarnate (2002) Track Listing:Come On Home (2005) Track Listing:Unknown Title(2006): Other Joie Songs from the OTH Tour:Covers Joie sang on the OTH Tour:Songs sung by Joie on OTH:
  • Elsewhere [Originally by Sarah Mclachlan] (in Suddenly Everything Has Changed)
  • Let Me Fall [Written by Unknown] (in Let The Reigns Go Loose)
  • When The Stars Go Blue with Tyler Hilton [Originally by Ryan Adams] (in multiple episodes)
  • Halo [Written by Kara Dioguardi and Matthew Gerrard] (in multiple episodes)
Misc. Joie Songs:Songs Released via Bethany's Official music site:
Songs released on Jukebox.

Songs thought to be on the Ten Inch Hero soundtrack:
  • The Long Way
  • Get Your Love
  • Something Familiar

Songs that might be on Joy's upcoming CD:
  • Patient Man
  • Blue Sky (Patty Griffin cover)

Songs that Joy has performed live various years
  • February Leather
  • Cameron
  • I'll Never Walk Alone
  • Like Crazy Girls Do

Official CD Art:

Preincarnate:

Come On Home:

inside art

Rule:

Before asking for the gmail account:

Before asking for the gmail account, which is an account with all the Joy songs, you have to have 50 posts on this board. This is not to because we don't want to share songs but because we want people to show their support for Joy! She deserves it and I'm sure everyone here agress!

After you have 50 posts here, we are more than happy to give you the gmail account. You are not allowed to post the gmail account info on any official message boards, as that is how we lost our first gmail account. It is not meant that you will just download the songs and then not buy Joy's new CD once it is released, so please show your support!

Most people on this board are insane Joie fans and pretty much all have Joie's songs and are willing to share them with other Joie fans. If you want to hear Joie's songs then the best thing to do is PM one of the regular posters and ask them if they'd be willing to send you the songs. Alternatively you can post a request in this thread, but those can sometimes be missed.

~

NOTE: Show your support to Joy! Downloading her music for free is nice, but please do buy her CDs when you have the chance to!

~

NOTE 2: [from Caroline]
Let's stop pirates from gaining profit through Joy's hard work:

There are now 5 CDs with Joy music being sold on eBay and they are all burned. I really hate that people are making money on her music and I am afraid that once her CD is released, less people will buy it if people just copy it and sell it.

The point of sharing her music is not so you don't have to buy her CDs, the point is to appreciate it together and to get to enjoy it if you have no way to get rare CDs like Preincarnate and Come On Home. I think it's awful that people are making money on music that she has worked hard on and to add, it is illegal as far as I know! What sickens me is that some of the song names are not even correctly spelled!

So please, take a few minutes and write to eBay about this and if you don't want to do that then report these items as illegally copied because that is what they are!

Go to eBay and search for Bethany Joy Lenz. (LINK) You can report it (HERE.) I have asked around and I heard that it is in fact illegal and I have reported some and I know other posters have too but eBay staff obviously don't get it.

Resale of copyrighted works

Under the copyright laws, the owner of a particular copy of a copyrighted work is generally entitled to resell the particular copy they own. For example, if you purchase a copy of a DVD movie, you are allowed to resell that particular DVD. Copyright protection prevents you from copying the DVD movie and reselling the copies. If you have licensed the right to use a particular copyrighted item, you should review the license and consult with your attorney to determine whether you can resell the item.

Music is something that is in you. You can touch people with your music even if you're working a job at Starbucks or working a desk job.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Attention! Joy Music Campaign! Please Join!

We would want all Bethany Joy fans to gather to try and get Let Me Fall and Elsewhere released as clean versions. We also recenly found out that they might have recorded a cover song of Sheryl Crow's I Shall Believe for the show with Joy, which was sadly never played or released for her fans.

North Star Post and Sound (North Star Post and Sound) are the company who have Elsewhere and I Shall Believe listed as songs that they have recorded with Joy.

- One Tree Hill – “The First Cut is the Deepest” / Sheryl Crow
- One Tree Hill – “Elsewhere” / Bethany Joy Lenz
- One Tree Hill – “I Shall Believe” / Bethany Joy Lenz
- One Tree Hill – “Say Yes” / Bryan Greenberg
- One Tree Hill – “Lonely World” / Bryan Greenberg

You can email them the letter below and change it a bit if you'd like. Every email helps to make our voices heard. Please remember to put something something good in the SUBJECT line in the email such as "your resume" or some such. Email: info@northstarsound.com

Dear North Star Post and Sound,

I'd like to thank you for your site. I was browsing through your resumé and noticed that under the "Pre-records" category, you have listed two songs by Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill), "Elsewhere" and "I Shall Believe." I would very much appreciate if you would be able to let me know who owns these songs and how they can be released to Bethany Joy's fans. If North Star Post and Sound does not own these songs, would you kindly let me know who I can contact about this matter instead?

I appreciate any help you can provide me with.

Sincerely,
Sign with your name

You can also visit OTH's offical myspaces and leave comments asking for these songs to be released. Please remember to be respectful and formal and don't use a huge amount of !'s and ?'s. We want this to come of as professional.

www.myspace.com/othwriters
www.myspace.com/btsvideos
www.myspace.com/othpeyton

We are also looking into contacting Lindsay Wolfington and anyone else who might be able to do something about this. If we make some noise, the songs might be released on iTunes. Please join this campaign! I know all Joy fans would love to hear some new and old music from Joy. Thank you!

Sign the Free Joy's Music petition!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the thread! i love the title!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the new thread sweets! The title is oh so perfect. And I'm going to sign the petition today!!
|
Old 08-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Beautiful title.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Beautiful new thread, Caro Thanks for starting it
Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread C! Love it!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love the new thread. Thanks for it.

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Over 300 signatures on the petition! That's so insane.

NEW ORLEANS! 8.29.05: Remember. Rebuild. Renew.
Icon Credit: egyptian_pixie
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Fantastic work everyone! 315 signatures! Let's keep it up
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

315 signatures?!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, I love the title The petition is doing so well, 315 signatures

*Stephanie
Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Still no luck getting ahold of OTH offices... I don't know what the deal is but I will post as soon as I get somewhere with this!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the work Vanessa
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Tell them if they don't help us soon they're going to have a lot of pissed off Joy fans at their front door! And we won't leave!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread