Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I like the DVD cover. Great choice!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBEN (View Post)
Thanks for the links Hanna

Welcome sunsetd and thanks for helping out

Southland Season 1 DVD to be released Jan 26

From Emmy Award winners John Wells, Ann Biderman and Chris Chulack comes a raw and authentic look at the police unit in Los Angeles. From the beaches of Malibu to the streets of East LA, "Southland" is a fast-moving drama that will take you inside the lives of cops, criminals, victims and their families.

Michael Cudlitz ("A River Runs Through It") plays John Cooper, a seasoned Los Angeles cop, assigned to train young rookie Ben Sherman (Benjamin McKenzie, "The O.C."). Cooper's honest, no-nonsense approach to the job leaves Sherman questioning whether or not he has what it takes to become a police officer. Cudlitz and McKenzie are joined by cast members Regina King ("Ray," "Jerry Maguire") who plays Detective Lydia Adams. Adams lives with and is the primary caregiver of her mother.

Her partner, Detective Russell Clarke (Tom Everett Scott, "Boiler Room") is an unhappily married father of three. Michael McGrady ("The Thin Red Line") plays Detective Daniel "Sal" Salinger. Sal oversees fellow gang detectives Nate Moretta (Kevin Alejandro, "Drive," "Ugly Betty") and Sammy Bryant (Shawn Hatosy, "Alpha Dog"). Arija Bareikis ("Crossing Jordan") plays patrol officer Chickie Brown, a single mom who dreams of being the first woman accepted into SWAT.

Warner Home Video announces the January 26th DVD release of Southland - The Complete 1st Season: Uncensored. This 2-disc set running 308 minutes includes the episodes "Unknown Trouble" (Pilot), "Mozambique", "See the Woman", "Sally In The Alley", "Two Gangs", "Westside" and "Derailed". All of these are presented in an uncensored form, per the title on the box.

We assume (and hope) that by "uncensored" this means the DVD would contain the same "expanded episode" versions that our old friend Michael Ausiello reported last week could be shown on the TNT cable network, now that they've picked up the series following NBC's cancellation.

Extras, if any, are not mentioned so far in this morning's announcement from the studio. Audio/video specs and pricing are also not available so far, but we've got an all-points-bulletin out for that info and we'll bring it to you just as soon as we can. In the meantime, here's a look at the packaging:

Southland DVD news: Announcement for Southland - The Complete 1st Season: Uncensored | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Hmm, I hope it won't hurt the show's ratings on TNT. :/

Bringing this to the 2nd page and thanks guys for everything
Old 11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
New Fan

Our Ben has been busy doing interviews.
In case you haven't seen this: Ben McKenzie Talks 'Southland,' Jay Leno and Upcoming "Kissy-Kiss Scenes" - Inside TV

Enjoy!

Hope this is the right place to publish

Last edited by -Michal-; 11-11-2009 at 09:50 AM
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Great interview!

I am looking forward to the DVD release. The cover looks fantastic!! I hope it doesn't hurt the ratings either.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Awwww... poor Benny was sick according to the interviewer. Poor little woobie!

Anyways, Ben is so hilarious! I love reading and watching and listening to his interviews. I really hope he does a romantic comedy with his time off and grows his hair out a little (more like OC Season 4..... for Southland it was a bit too short imo).
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Apparently Ben was at the UCLA basketball game last night. He left after being spotted and a fan yelling to him.

Quote:
McKenzie left immediately after being shown, with someone from the student section yelling "I'm your biggest fan!" Bruins lead 54-41.
Quote:
Actor Ben McKenzie (better known for his role as Ryan Atwood on The O.C.) was just shown on the screen of Pauley Pavilion
Daily Bruin Sports (DBSports) on Twitter
Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetd (View Post)
In case you haven't seen this: Ben McKenzie Talks 'Southland,' Jay Leno and Upcoming "Kissy-Kiss Scenes" - Inside TV

Enjoy!
Wasn't this the interview that was announced with "What it takes for Ben to get a twitter"?

Last edited by Jeri; 11-11-2009 at 08:51 AM
Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

^Jeri, yeah I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)
Apparently Ben was at the UCLA basketball game last night. He left after being spotted and a fan yelling to him.

He must hate all the attention. I bet he was thinking, "Damn... all I wanted to do was watch the friekin' basketball game!"
Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Enjoy!

Hope this is the right place to publish
Thank you sunsetd that was a great interview, and this is the right thread to post it in

Please try not to double post though. If you need to add something to your original post before someone posted after you, you can use the "edit" function

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)

Quote:
McKenzie left immediately after being shown, with someone from the student section yelling "I'm your biggest fan!" Bruins lead 54-41.
Quote:
Actor Ben McKenzie (better known for his role as Ryan Atwood on The O.C.) was just shown on the screen of Pauley Pavilion

LOL, Poor Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri (View Post)
Wasn't this the interview that was announced with "What it takes for Ben to get a twitter"?

It was The interviewer got asked about it on twitter and this is what she said:

Twitter / Maggie Furlong: I saved it for Friday's Sh ...

I saved it for Friday's Show Girl so you all can *hear* him say it! RT @XziBreeze Did I miss Ben say what it'll take to get him on Twitter.

Twitter / Maggie Furlong: @SaveSouthLAnd - I'll have ...

@SaveSouthLAnd - I'll have the audio from our interview highlighted on this week's episode of The Show Girl. Tune in Friday!
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

OOOhhhhh... the audio to it????!!!!!!

What's "The Showgirl" though? How do I listen/watch? I have no idea what any of that is. Can't wait until Friday!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc_mahfood (View Post)
OOOhhhhh... the audio to it????!!!!!!

What's "The Showgirl" though? How do I listen/watch? I have no idea what any of that is. Can't wait until Friday!
You'll find it here: Inside TV (on Friday)
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It was The interviewer got asked about it on twitter and this is what she said:

@SaveSouthLAnd - I'll have the audio from our interview highlighted on this week's episode of The Show Girl. Tune in Friday!
Awesome, thank you !
I wonder if she'll do an entire Q&A as she did with Michael.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Please try not to double post though. If you need to add something to your original post before someone posted after you, you can use the "edit" function
Got it

I like the interview, especially the solid and grounded decisions he makes in terms of his acting. Sometimes I get mad when people say, 'oh, well, he didn't seem to be having any hits lately' or 'he dissappeared from the picture' just because he chooses his roles wisely. I admire and respect him a lot for that.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben McKenzie: Southland’s “Very Grateful” For TNT

Ben McKenzie called in to Ryan Seacrest’s radio show on Monday to talk about Southland’s revival on TNT!

Here’s what he had to say about TNT, how he found out Southland was canceled and his Halloween costume…

On learning of Southland’s cancellation: “We were ’sposed to premiere on NBC October 23 - we were on set shooting, I was making plans to go to New York with my publicist and the producers came to the set and said ‘We’re canceled!’

On being thankful for a second shot: “TNT’s a great network and we’re excited about it…..It’s very rare that a network show gets to have a second airing - we’re very grateful for that.”

On his Halloween costume: “I went as Jay Leno! He kind of canceled our show, so I thought…[I wore] The Jay Leno mask, jeans shirt and jeans that Jay Leno wears when he’s not in the suit.”

Southland will begin airing on TNT January 12 (Tuesday) at 10/9c!

Ben McKenzie: Southland’s “Very Grateful” For TNT | Benjamin McKenzie : Just Jared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri (View Post)
Awesome, thank you !
I wonder if she'll do an entire Q&A as she did with Michael.
I wish there was a video too.

Quote:
Got it

I like the interview, especially the solid and grounded decisions he makes in terms of his acting. Sometimes I get mad when people say, 'oh, well, he didn't seem to be having any hits lately' or 'he dissappeared from the picture' just because he chooses his roles wisely. I admire and respect him a lot for that.
I know what you mean, people think that if he's not working all the time and making tons of movies than his career is dead, what they don't realize that it's not about the fame for Ben, he doesn’t work to make tons of money or to be super famous. When Ben was on The OC he could have done millions of silly teen movies (like a lot of his co-stars did) but he didn't do it, he made a small artsy movie called Junebug, that ended up earning his co-star in the movie (Amy Adams) an Oscar nom. I admire him for making smart decisions.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread