Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

The X-Files: You Wanted To 'Smack Them' Moments Thread #1

Welcome to the YOU wanted to THEM Moments Thread!

Very simple, you talk about the moments through out the seasons or the movies when you wanted to smack the characters/creators for something they did or said on the show.

Let's face it there have been moments when you felt as frustrated as Mulder when Scully refused to believe things she saw with her own eyes, or wanted to Mulder for being too gullible. Or saying something stupid.

It can be the other characters as well..Fowley, Krycek, Skinman etc.. Time for you guys to punish them

So let the discussion begin. Feel free to use all the violent smilies

Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

Moments I wanted to smack CC? Gonna have to give this a lot of thought .
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

everytime Scully tried to go back and rationalize things when she knew what she saw I wanted to her. Esp after Fight The Future.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My personal #1: Bob, the bee!
Seriously!

All dressed up, popcorn in my lap, excited about FTF, XF on the big screen... Mulder and Scully in the hallway, tension building up and then... NOTHING...
Well, not nothing nothing, I mean, Scully getting stung, being kidnapped, ending up on an alien aircraft, almost dying etc, but romance-wise, we got screwed
I know, the big picture... of course the suspense is part of it, but still... that very moment a shotgun and CC in a room with me wouldn't have been such a good idea...

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 07-27-2009 at 10:57 AM
Old 07-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, the bee was the worst thing in the world.

Well recently I watched Fire and I have to say that I really disliked Mulder with Phoebe in that episode. He was so quick to help her and then when he told Scully when she asked if she could meet him in Boston somewhere that he was thinking he was gonna have his hands full I just wanted to Ugh.

But yeah, Scully being so skeptical and going back and saying she didn't really see what we all know she saw was very, very frustrating.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
Moments I wanted to smack CC? Gonna have to give this a lot of thought .
Well I think those darn camera angles on the kisses and turning the lights off for the Triangle kiss...I mean COME ON!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

^Well there was the Existence kiss (lights on, right angle) but it was a bit weird with William between them.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

@ Kia

The writers as well, they gave ex girlfriends to Mulder, or flirting with other womem (Bambi, white) but nothing for Scully..well except for the two who wanted to kill her. Why couldn't she have someone normal for a change?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

She had a couple of ex-boyfriends and she went out on a date with the guy in Jersey Devil .
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

at Kia

I have to say there were a few moments when I wanted to slap Scully just for being so stupid. Even after years and years of experiencing stuff she still acts all skeptical and unbelieving. Ok maybe you need that to keep the balance of the show but it was so frustrating at times.

Also wanted to smack Krycek a lot of the time. Pretty much every time the evil bugger betrayed them

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also wanted to smack Krycek a lot of the time. Pretty much every time the evil bugger betrayed them

When Scully went off with CSM in En Ami, a big moment. I mean seriously , you are trusting CSM after knowing him for 6 seasons, just plain STUPID!!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Passionate Fan

^Absolutely! I was shocked that she did that too. I felt Mulder had every right to be mad at her in that ep.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

All the times she has been there, knows that CSM always leads them on for his own benefit and then she goes off with him without telling Mulder, serious lapse in judgment.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Total Fan

I agree about Scully's behavior in En Ami. Totally unexpected and difficult to understand. I was just as upset with her as Mulder was.

A big moment for me is Two Fathers/One Son when Mulder was being so stupid about DF. I wanted to kick him upside the head for how gullible he was being. I don't think he ever knew or understood how much that hurt Scully. She tried to warn him, but he just wouldn't listen. He was being completely idiotic.

Tumblr
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Thought of one, CC and anyone involved with casting when they hired a guy that could barely speak Spanish(very noticeable American accent) to play an immigrant from Mexico in El Mundo Gira.