Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Wow, that's really early.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
I have never read a Neil Gaiman book, to be honest, but quite a bit of stuff has been turned into movies and TV shows, by now. These days it's 'Lucifer' (great show, imo), and the new 'American Gods'.
Ah, then I know someof his work
I really enjoy Lucifer. Didn't know it was based on a novel...
And my problem with American Gods continues to be the lack of amazon prime enthusiasm

Kim, Halloween already Awesome!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Why not christmas, while you're at it? Amazing that this time of the year is again approaching fast.

Thankfully my family is very lazy. We agreed: no presents.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here We usually give money to charity instead.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

That's a good idea! My family would probably be too cheap for that.

Also, difficult to choose whom to give the money to. I'm not big at taking such decisions.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So in Europe or Germany, do out get stores starting to sell holiday decoration about 3-6 months before the actual holiday or is that a North American thing? I don't think Germany even celebrates Halloween and Thanksgiving. do you have any holidays in Autumn?

I've read "Coraline" by Neil Gaiman. It's a kids book but it's a creepy kind, the kind I like. There is also a neat animated movie they made of it, which is stylistic and also creepy, but not so creepy kids can't watch It! I recommend that book and movie by him!

What did you buy, Kimmie?

This Christmas I'm going on a trip with a portion of my family so I'm still not sure we're giving gifts to the others cause we are leaving on Christmas Eve. and it would be nice to have a gift giving break.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Stewie, Kia, and Leanne!

Stewie I think the last time I read was the Twilight series. so its been a long while. I miss it, but I just haven't started up again. I am trying Lucifer again this season, missed last season, but heard great things about it. I'm glad you have an author you enjoy.

Kia yep, already. Halloween colors are just something I can't resist. Especially for only a dollar.

Leanne I got a witch hat that's a wall decoration, a thing to put on your door with bells on it, and 2 things of paper plates.

If you all could get a present, what kind would you want?

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 08-25-2017 at 04:29 PM
Old 08-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kimmie, I asked a question about Christmas presents on the Off Topic TPBM before coming here and reading your question Shared brain wave

I sort of want to save my money now (I've already pre-paid the plane fare and my accommodations) for souvenirs... I want to buy food and clothes on the trip.

If I got a good present I think I'd like a new DSLR camera that can connect to the internet wirelessly to upload my photos, instead of the manual hooking up to the computer I do with the one I have (Canon 30D). I hardly take photos now like I used to cause of that fact.

I like Halloween season cause of the autumn weather, candy and scary movies are popular as well as other horror things like tv specials and stories.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We definitely share a brain wave.

Yep, if I were you, that's what I'd be doing, too. Don't want to get there and not have money to buy things for memories, or clothes.

It's hard hooking a camera up to a computer. Ours was like that, and so I never did it.

Those are things I love about Halloween, too. I love the horror movie marathons.

I'd like a Smart Phone. So I can take pictures, get online and post them, and online in general, and not have to pay for a land line when I move out.

Kim
Old 08-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Wow, this is a slow weekend. Where is everyone?
Old 08-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yesterday, I was like stressing out over my dumb stitches and the bandage skin rash I was getting in some weird catch-22 where I had no choice but to keep taping on a bandage to my sensitive rash skin which doesn't like the adhesive.. so either get my clothes and bedsheets stained or keep irritating my skin.

Anyway, today is my family dinner night and my dad's birthday was yesterday so we are having homemade lasagna and chocolate cake tonight and my sister is coming too so I'll get to see her, hope it's a good time.

Kim, good idea to get a smart phone. They are very handy for almost anything, photos, alarm clock, to do list, reminder alarms, texting.., so you don't have to actually talk on the phone
Old 08-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
....so we are having homemade lasagna and chocolate cake tonight....
Old 08-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Behold! ...the homemade chocolate cake I'm about to eat.... well, not the whole thing... just a piece

Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my goodness! That looks so yummy!

Kim