Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

I math too My favourite subject in school. My siblings and cousins call me weird because of it, none of them like Maths. I think they are weird.

Quote:
I love the challenge of looking at a problem and knowing what to do. I actually sometimes like it when I don't know what to do because then I get to play and explore the problem and there is SO much satisfaction you get when you finally get the correct answer. I think it's beautiful, especially when you have those huge problems
I love long problems, equations and stuff.

Quote:
Movie: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE WITH KEIRA KNIGHTLEY!

It's odd really, I was actually looking forward to this movie (I hadn't seen the original until then, wanted to cos I have a crush on Colin Firth) but when I watched it, I was so disappointed. I would really like to the stupid who thought of casting KK as Elizabeth. They couldn't get it more wrong in my opinion.

I saw the original one a few months ago...it's beautiful Does complete justice to the book and I absolutely love all the actors . They did a fantastic job..esp Mrs Bingley and Mr Collins

And ofcourse Colin Firth and Jeniffer Ehle are fantastic.

Quote:
I don't much like Beyonce
I don't want to sound mean but her voice annoys me a LOT.

Okay onto the questions

A fictional character you wished was real.
Your favourite cartoons.
Favourite accessories.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I still need to buy photoshop I've talking about it for ages. My new goal, to have it before Christmas!!
I hope you reach your goal. I remember your stuff was good.

Quote:
and yaz, i love the idea of you being a (math) teacher. teaching does not only require the skills and passion, but also the patience, caring & understanding.
Aww, thank you. And I agree, it does require a lot of patience and passion for sure.

Quote:
I math too My favourite subject in school. My siblings and cousins call me weird because of it, none of them like Maths. I think they are weird.
They are weird.

Quote:
I would really like to the stupid who thought of casting KK as Elizabeth. They couldn't get it more wrong in my opinion.
OMG me too! She was SOO bad as Elizabeth, like seriously. I watched this version before I watched the one with Colin Firth and even before watching the original I didn't like it. It was just so bad and cheesy and the original was nothing like that. The original for me is a true love story. It makes me gush sooo much at the end. I think I'm gonna watch them after I'm done here.

Quote:
I don't want to sound mean but her voice annoys me a LOT.
YES! I don't see why so many people like her.

Describe your dream holiday: Well I'd love to visit all the places that I've always wanted to go to like England, Scotland, Italy, France, New Zealand, Australia, and basically everywhere. I'd also love to visit the beach since I've never been. Maybe learn to surf. So an ideal day would be something like visiting the English country and having a picnic out in the wilderness, laying down on the grass with a good book or just staring up at the sky. You know, true relaxation. No stress, no thinking, no nothing. Then from there maybe go to the beach. If I can find one close enough. But I like the simple things so a dream holiday for me would just to be out with the family, enjoying each other, reading a good book, eating great food, and maybe watching the Mexican national soccer team win the FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
what is the most accomplished thing you've achieved so far? the one that makes you so proud of.
Probably having to do with school. Graduating in the top 7% of my class was so amazing for me. I will never forget my number, 31 out of 450ish students. That and walking at graduation with all of my medals and cords is one of the things I'm the most proudest. And now it would have to be having a 4.0 GPA in college. I'm shocked that I've held it there for this long (I'm at the beginning of my third year) and I hope to graduate with a 4.0 and a degree in Math. That's probably what I'm the most proud of, for the moment.

A fictional character you wished was real: Do you even have to ask right now? MR. DARCY!!! OR MULDER OF COURSE. Or Tony! Yeah I don't just have one answer for this. I love them all. Patrick Jane, Mulder, Tony, Mr. Darcy, Scully...
Your favourite cartoons: Um, let's see The Simpsons of course, Family Guy, Futurama. I like some of the ones on Nick like The Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob, and Jimmy Neutron.
Favourite accessories: Hmm, I don't know. I don't have a cell phone or an iPod. I don't carry a purse so I'm not sure.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
A fictional character you wished was real: Do you even have to ask right now? MR. DARCY!!! OR MULDER OF COURSE. Or Tony! Yeah I don't just have one answer for this. I love them all. Patrick Jane, Mulder, Tony, Mr. Darcy, Scully...
yeah that was tough question, eh Yaz? i guess i'd be in the same situation

and congrats for graduating as #31 in your class. i know it's a great achievement among 450 students i hope you'll get the perfect 4.0 GPA for your major.

Who is (was) your role model? Why?
If you can be anyone famous, who would you choose? Why?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I hope you reach your goal. I remember your stuff was good.
Thanks

Quote:
I'd also love to visit the beach since I've never been.
The Whitsundays in North Queensland are gorgeous if you want a beautiful beach

I went there for my schoolies week and it was awesome!!

What is your favourite period in time?
Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yeah that was tough question, eh Yaz? i guess i'd be in the same situation
Oh yes, much too tough. But it was fun thinking about it.

Quote:
and congrats for graduating as #31 in your class. i know it's a great achievement among 450 students i hope you'll get the perfect 4.0 GPA for your major.
Thank you!

WOW! That is a beautiful beach. Wow! Now I really want to go there.

Who is (was) your role model? Why?
Probably my mom. She's always been such a strong woman who takes crap from no one and who always got things done no matter what. I'd say that's who I get all of my motivation from. I want to make her proud.
If you can be anyone famous, who would you choose? Why? Maybe CC so that I could have given us the perfect sex scene. Oh I know! I'd love to he be Hillary Clinton because she's such a kickass woman.
What is your favourite period in time? Probably the Victorian time. There's just something about that period that I love. I don't know, that's all I got.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Really? I love it so much. Most of the Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movies are my favs. They have incredible chemistry and that last scene in You've Got Mail when she tells him that she wanted it to be him. It kills me.
It's freaking me out too. You love math, I love math...
I love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movies too. I have to agree about that last scene in You've Got Mail, it makes me melt everytime .

What is your dearest memory?
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
What is your favorite Holiday?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

It's a meltworthy scene.

What is your dearest memory?
It would definitely have to be when I had my Quinceanera. It's like a sweet 15 and we make a huge deal of it in my culture. I got to wear this huge, poofy, pink dress. It was so lovely. I actually still have it, haha. Anyways, I got to wear this dress and have a HUGE party with a mariachi, who are this sort of Mexican band but they play violins and guitars and sing. It's hard for me to describe. But we had a mariachi and then a DJ and we danced the night away. Best day of my life! Oh and I got to ride in a limo, haha.
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? Probably to be able to work so that I could help my family out. It makes me feel so guilty not being able to work and just going to school, sort of like I'm not adding anything to the family. So I'd definitely change that.
What is your favorite Holiday? Christmas! Only for the food though. My mom, every year thank goodness, makes tamales which are corn dough sort of tacos steamed in corn husk and filled with all kinds of meats and beans, depending on what you like. My mom makes this spicy dough and spicy beef and chicken and sometimes pork. She makes about 3 pots of them and 1 pot is about 60 or so and no lie they are gone in like 2 days. She's the only one who makes it in our family so everyone comes over and that's why they're going so fast. But I love Christmas because of the food and I guess the food brings everyone together and that just makes it even better.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Anymore questions for yaz?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think we should move along to someone else.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

I have a question for you, who's in your icon?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

It's Cal and Gillian from the show Lie to Me. My new ship. Have you seen it? I've heard them described as a lighter version of Huddy and I would definitely have to agree. They're so cute together.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

No never seen it. I am watching too many shows already

What's happening with Huddy this season? I haven't followed House this season.

Any of the newbies want to give it a go?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not a newbie but I'll volunteer
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Cool

The usual stuff from me..favourites

Book
Music
Actor
Actress
TV show (other than X-files)
Old 11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Hmmm....

Ok, Favourite book would have to be The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, A Trilogy in Four Parts I found The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by accident, then proceeded to read all four books out of order and became addicted almost instantly. I still read them all once a year I'm also a really big fan of Stephen Lawhead. He does a lot fantasy/history based stuff. He wrote a 5 book series called The Pendragon Cycle about King Arthur that incorporated Atlantis and he wrote an excellent Trilogy about the Crusades. He's my favourite author.

Music... I love all kinds except for Country My favourite singer is Bryan Adams and group is Roxette. I'm still annoyed my mum wouldn't take me to see them when they toured when I was 12

Actor & Actress... To be honest I don't really have any. David is always good to watch, Billy Connelly and Robin Williams are fantastic actors (and also my favourite comedians ), Liam Neeson & Sandra Bullock are really good too. I hate Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson!! With a passion!! I apologise if I just offended anyone

TV shows... would have to be Stargate SG-1, NCIS, Farscape & House. I also love Two & a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory but I've missed a lot of episodes of both I'm just going to have to buy the DVD's... What a pity