Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

X-Files Discussion - If the Show Were to be Remade...

If the X-Files was to be remade how would you like to see it handled?

Now obviously there is no chance of that happening anytime soon but let's say the show had only lasted a couple of seasons before being cancelled but now someone is getting a remake together. Or just suspend all reality and say that it is going to remade now even though it only ended recently to open up more options in terms of stories and characters etc

So what would you like to see happen with the show? Do you have any casting suggestions for Mulder, Scully, Lone Gunmen, CSM etc? Is there anything about the story that you would like to change? If it's a movie what story would you like to see them attempt, a remake of an old episode or something new?

And you can either tackle it as a TV show or a movie. Obviously casting would be quite different depending which you go for in terms of how big the stars are.

Not had much chance to think myself yet but for a film remake how about Amy Adams as Scully?

She already has the lovely red hair and is absolutely gorgeous obviously. But I also think she could pull off the character of Scully. She's shown in films like Doubt that she can really act and in Enchanted and Night at Museum 2 she showed a great touch for comedy for Scully's little bits of humour

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Good idea for a thread, John. I'll have to think about it myself too, but as for Amy Adams as Scully, I'm not sure if she could handle the character. She can be serious but I don't think she has the commanding personality or strength that Gillian as Scully had. I mean we saw her stand up to Mulder time and again, and I don't think Amy Adams could do that, or could pull it off as well as Gillian. I mean in Doubt she basically did everything that Meryl Streep's character told her.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeguia0 (View Post)
I don't think Amy Adams could do that, or could pull it off as well as Gillian. I mean in Doubt she basically did everything that Meryl Streep's character told her.
To be honest I never actually saw Doubt. I was just going by the reviews and the nominations she received that she appeared to be a very good actress.

Still trying to think of other casting suggestions

Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, well I saw it in the theater when it came out, and yes she was brilliant, but she didn't, and doesn't, give off that strong, powerful woman vibe to me.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I think the only thing I would change is DD leaving. Because the show went down hill from there. At least in my opinion. But I think he couldn't be stopped.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeguia0 (View Post)
Oh, well I saw it in the theater when it came out, and yes she was brilliant, but she didn't, and doesn't, give off that strong, powerful woman vibe to me.
To be fair to her maybe it's only because she's never been given the role that would allow her to show that side, maybe she just needs the chance

Some more suggestions

Frohike - Danny Devito

Couldn't really think of many other options. It's tough to find someone to fit the bill of short, balding, sleazy guy.

Skinner - Patrick Stewart

He has the look and he also has the strength and authority that I think is needed. Another possibility could be Standley Tucci.

What we could after a while of discussing is go through the suggestions and together come up with our dream cast.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

You might be right. She could be getting typecast cuz she has that sort of look.

I love Danny DeVito as Frohike. And I think maybe Patrick Stewart would be a better deep throat, with Standley Tucci as Skinner. Ooh that'd be interesting.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Danny Devito would be perfect , he's hilarious on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

So Danny DeVito has got a good reaction there.

Byers

For a film how about Steve Carrell in a sort of fun cameo appearance. Or for a TV remake how about Alexis Denisof (Wesley in Buffy/Angel)? Could certainly see him doing it

CSM

A lot of people may not see this but how about Sam Neill? There's something about his face that reminds of William B Davis and he also has a really great, evil stare.

While a lot of people will think of him as a good guy he has actually played a good few villains in Ivanhoe, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, Event Horizon etc. In fact in Memoirs... I seem to remember him playing a shady government official, now who does that remind me of?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure if I could see Sam Neill as CSM. For me, William B. Davis played the role beautifully and I don't think I could ever see anyone taking his place, or want to for that matter.

Now Steve Carrell as Byers would be interesting. I like to think he could pull it off.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I could totally see Alexis Denisof as Byers! He has the smart but geeky thing going for him.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
Now Steve Carrell as Byers would be interesting. I like to think he could pull it off.
I think he could. Even in all out comedies he usually plays it quite straight and serious, has shown he's actually a good actor (Dan in Real Life, Little Miss Sunshine etc) and quite often seems to be in a suit - The Office, Get Smart etc

Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
I think he could. Even in all out comedies he usually plays it quite straight and serious, has shown he's actually a good actor (Dan in Real Life, Little Miss Sunshine etc) and quite often seems to be in a suit - The Office, Get Smart etc
Yes I thought about Dan in Real Life and Little Miss Sunshine when I posted my reply. I really think he'd be great.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I suggest Alec Baldwin as WMM

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ I can see that! (but he would have to scrub up well )

It's so hard who to think of for Scully and Mulder, I can't imagine anyone else playing those parts... Maybe Bryce Dallas Howard for Scully? She has the right level of quiet intensity for the part? As for Mulder...

And Patrick Stewart as Skinner

What about Russel Crowe for CSM? I'm not sure about that choice though.