Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2016, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't usually have "shippy" fangirl moments like this, very odd. I was feeling like a teenage fangirl today, But, something about the way he looks at her in those few dancing moments melts my usually cool and tomboyish heart, oh, Mulder is just a big softy when it come to Scully
Old 11-07-2016, 06:09 AM
Loyal Fan

In other threads we had the discussion about a marriage proposal. I’d like to move the discussion in this thread :

If either of them makes a marriage request, I think its Mulder. He is not the most romantic man in everyday life, but he can explain himself well when he expresses his feelings. I remember "One in 5 billion" or his "Touchstone" speech. If something like this comes up, then by Mulder. Scully is more holding back with words. But I think that a marriage is not so important to him. He is not religious, and for him it is only important to be with her. But who knows? He has now experienced how it is when she leaves him. Who knows what happens when she finally comes back to him.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

I totally agree. I think of the 2 he would most definitely be the one to propose...he's always been more...open(?) to the idea of romantic feelings between the 2. Or maybe he's just more outwardly affectionate?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I know if either of them wanted to ask for marriage of the other, it would be Mulder being more willing to open himself up to the vulnerability of letting her know he wants his partner for a life partner. Always more showing of his emotional feelings. I mentioned in fan art, its hard for me to see either of them wanting to be THAT vulnerable to ask that of the other, even tho other things like sperm donation has been asked for,

I just don't see Scully ever being able to ask Mulder to marry her tho. She took 9 seasons to get to where she would be willing to cry in front of other people and open up, marriage would be an ultimate opening up.

I think the question was just too much for them with the vulnerable risk, that's why they just decided to live together instead.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

At this point it's like...if they were going to get married they already would have.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmmm...I'm not sure. When you get older you change your mind about many things. I think one of the reasons why Mulder didn't propose yet is, that he didn't believe in marriage as a religious act. And Mulder never does something he doesn't believe in. Maybe now, in his fifties, he needs to make a bound visible, he needs to confess where he belongs to.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

True. And maybe he sees the value in marriage as a more permanent tie than before?
Old 11-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

My personal headcanon is that Mulder did proposed or at least talked about marriage to Scully but she said no. I mean Mulder hallucinated marrying or remarrying Diana so maybe he does believe in that but as with the whole relationship before they had William he wouldn't bring himself to ask more of Scully. But I think she would be worried about the consequences both professionally and personal and I also think she wouldn't want to do that without William in their lives.
So yeah at the end I would love for them to also marry Skinner can walk her to the aisle and William can be best man, Monica can be maid of honor and maybe Doggett can be best man or at least flower girl. Einstein and Miller can be witnesses. Although I suspect it will be done by an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas LOL!

Last edited by Andromedastargazer; 11-07-2016 at 04:48 PM Reason: Spelling what is that? Can you eat it?
Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can actually believe Mulder would want them to marry in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator because of his quest for finding himself or spiritually at Graceland in "Never Again". Would Scully care for that??

Doggett as flower girl? HAHAHAHA

Makes sense Scully might want a wedding with her son around her too.

I still feel bad for Mulder tho about Scully actually leaving him. Emotional attachment to people who leave is the worst!!! Its a good thing he's still even breathing!
Old 11-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Doggett as flower girl? HAHAHAHA
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Scully didn't leave Mulder, she just separated herself locally. That's a difference although Mulder was so hurt that it surely felt like a leaving for him
But she stayed in contact with him all of the time and god knows what else.

I'm sure deep inside he understood why she did that although it hurted him. She saved him by acting this way. Love was never their problem.

Ha ha, I'm sure Mulder would love a marriage with Elvis! But when they do it they will do it secretly somewhere private with just one or two people knowing it.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Did she stay in contact? I thought in season 10 they were pretty much totally separated. (until they started working together again.)
Old 11-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I was under the impression, they were meeting and talking again at the beginning of season 10, when Scully was saying it was good to see him or talk to him after so long?

I do like how with M&S it was such a slow burn (years) to get them to a relationship, then, like real life, sometimes it still just doesn't really work out together!

It seems realistic even in a show about monsters and aliens.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Well I had a different feeling. I had the feeling they stayed in contact, not chatting all of the time but sometimes. When both met in S10 she said: "I'm always happy to see you", and he said: "And I'm happy for every occasion". This showed me that they see each other but only if there is a reason (Mulder hates it because he doesn't want to need an occasion).
Old 11-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Well I had a different feeling. I had the feeling they stayed in contact, not chatting all of the time but sometimes. When both met in S10 she said: "I'm always happy to see you", and he said: "And I'm happy for every occasion". This showed me that they see each other but only if there is a reason (Mulder hates it because he doesn't want to need an occasion).
Mulder and Scully always found excuses to see each other even before they became a couple. I'm pretty sure they still did it. They just cannot be apart for long.
I was thinking that at the beginning of season 10 they might had spent maybe a month tops without seeing each other in person, but probably were still writing emails and sending each other clips of paranormal news or medical discoveries.