Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lands
Beyond of the human arrogance that we are alone in the universe (remember that few hundred years ago it was common knowledge that Earth is flat), we have to search for it in all the unexpected places..
Very true...they used to believe the earth was flat, they were proven wrong. The ones that believe there is no other life out there....they will be proven wrong one day.

darylbeth
Old 02-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

ITA. There's a lovely phrase that keeps coming up in Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything (apols if title not quite correct). It's "what we think we know". It refers to our knowledge at this point in time. We used to know the earth was flat. It's arrogant to think we know everything about everything and I think that includes life on other planets. I'd be surprised if there was nothing out there. I'd be equally surprised if there was ever a revelation of alien life here though.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm probably right in the middle between sceptic and believer. I won't believe until I have proof, but I'm quite open-minded - or at least consoder myself to be -and I seriously can't imagine that we're all alone in this huge universe

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

As it's been bumped back up I had a look through this again and wow at all the old names. Not seen some of these people about the boards for years.

So how about the newer crop of members, are you a believer?

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Heey, great topic, not one I'd noticed.

Personally, I don't believe there are *aliens* on earth. However, I believe it could be possible that rocks that strike us from space... debris, asteroids, whatever... could have alien microbes or bacteria (or even just fossils of such things) within them. That's a pretty cool thought.

As for in the entire universe... yes, absolutely. I find it hard to believe that the same chemical reactions that take place on Earth aren't taking place on billions of other planets in the universe. Physics is physics. I have no doubt that there are other beings and civilizations out there.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

I would be like KIA said in between. I am not entirely closed to the possibility that there could be others out there but I guess I'd only believe it if I see them for myself.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone else wanna share their beliefs?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Well...to bring this back up (because why not).

I'll simply say in short that I don't believe any aliens have made contact with Earth, but the more I think of it the more I believe that it could very well have happened before us. All I can say for sure is that I don't know on that, but I cannot believe that we are the only ones out there. It simply would make no sense to me that on all of the cosmos we are all there really is & I find it silly to believe so. No offense intended on that of course

So the question of whether or not there are aliens is obvious to me, but the idea that they've made contact with earth is something I can neither believe nor disbelieve, at least not in our lifetime.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Love to see some new blood on here

As I've always been, I'm a believer. I've always thought the human race can not be the most intelligent species in the universe.

Besides just the belief of aliens or other life, what about different phenomenon that is unexplained as we have seen in the show?

darylbeth
Old 05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I've always believed there has to be something else out there. There are too many unexplained things. Plus the universe is just waaaaay too big for there to not be. I mean there are like billions of galaxies and inside those galaxies there are/could be over a 100 planets so to me its just really hard to not believe that there are not other humans or creatures out there.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsxx3 (View Post)
I've always believed there has to be something else out there. There are too many unexplained things. Plus the universe is just waaaaay too big for there to not be. I mean there are like billions of galaxies and inside those galaxies there are/could be over a 100 planets so to me its just really hard to not believe that there are not other humans or creatures out there.
exactly. i feel that way too. i don't believe that of all the planets in the galaxies and universe, there's only us. There's just no way. i seriously want to meet the others though

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

im a believer same as mulder..

Extraterrestrial and Ufos

I Want To Believe Again
Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm a believer too, there has to be other life out there, but i don't think that there are aliens abducting people
Old 05-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why wouldn't they though? Speaking Star Trek we're pre-warp so if they had some sort of code that forbade them from contacting species that aren't far enough ahead technologically abductions and spying on us would be the way to find out more
All just hypothetical of course

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 05-11-2013 at 05:12 AM
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

They could be abducting people You never know. That is the thing. There are some unexplained things in this life that unless they bluntly came out and said hey we are watching you or among you and abducting people we would never know really know. Well unless we met one ourselves.