Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Ha, i never noticed Michael's ringtone, but i'd love to have it too.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
Old 09-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Absolute Fan

The premiere was freaking awesome. I especially loved Henry Winkler in this. This was a great sendoff for his character. You'll be missed, Barry.

I loved GOB in this too. "Taste the sad!" "I'm not going to lick your eye."

The ImOscar.com jokes, the Tom Cruise scientology joke, Eve Holt, the severed hand, the Blue Men, Kitty... it was all awesome.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see it. I'm so pissed off at Fox. They'll probably pre-empt House, too.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Hilarious season premiere

I love imoscar.com

Tobias and Barry at the end had me rolling! Great sendoff indeed for Henry's character, I'm gonna miss Barry.

GOB and Steve Holt!

I'm so happy the show is back it hasn't lost it's spunk at all.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

The AD theme was Lindsay's ringtone, not Michael's. I was looking over the transcript on The OP last night after the show. That's what they said.
I made my icon.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm soo glad AD is back. I can't believe I made it through the summer without it!

I think the narrator had some of the best lines of the ep. Like when he said something like, "Remember when I said Gob had a son?" Then when Gob invites STEVE HOLT! to the cabin, he said something like, "If Steve had a father, he would have taught him not to go to a cabin with a strange man." Even Ron Howard deserves an Emmy more than the people who won this year.

Everything was just pure genius!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, the ringtone played when Tobias called Lindsay while she was in the stair truck with George-Michael and Maeby.

I was actually wondering what that song was.

About Barry's last scene, I thought it was appropriate and hilarious considering the histories of both characters. Well done!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Finally I got to see the show today.

I have class on Mondays nights so it's going to be hard waiting till tuesday to see it.

I'm so glad the show hasn't lost it and it wrapped up question from last season. I agree Ron Howard was great especially his "Gee, why wouldn’t she want him back?" about Tobias.

I loved how they recycled the Mission Accomplished banner.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

My only complaint about this episode is that it felt way too short. Other than that, FANTASIC.

ImOscar.com is hilarious!

God, I missed this show so much.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I love how Oscar's inmate number is 24601. Wow.

Yeah, it felt super short. I watched it twice, though. But it's still not enough. Curse this having to wait a whole week thing

My favourite parts were all GOB parts... naturally. But really, GOB's entrance from behind the door was hysterical, and every interaction of his with Steve Holt was brilliant. "It's almost like.. I wish he could be my dad." I have been dying to see this storyline play out and I'm so excited about it now

We had 21 people at the premiere. Yep. I made frozen bananas. I'll post some pictures soon.

Rach
Old 09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl
Thanks, Brandon. On my LJ, I have a better one but it has the F word so I don't think I can use here. Also I have made caps over on _veronicamars_ community if you want to check it out. Working on prettifying another icon (with "You better run, you better hide" from Pat Benatar's You Better Run.)

Looking over at The OP, does anyone here think the brass hand statue is a foreshadow to Buster regaining his hand?

Also, AD will never ever lose it.

That avatar applies to the Emmy's in more than one way. Lets give the Emmy's the finger...or better yet severed hand.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

VerbalKint, that's so cool that you actually had a party complete with AD-related treats. Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Speaking of pics. I forgot to post this one that The Futon Critic was using:

Aww!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Hahah, I love that. I think one of my favourite moments of the night (not just in the show, of the night *period*) was when Michael says "He's your son". GOB's reaction, followed by Michael's reaction, followed by GOB's re-reaction was *priceless*. Then GOB running away Awww c'mon GOB, don't be a mean dad just because yours was.

Cursed, it was an awesome party. The fun thing is there are likely to be that many people there every Monday. Ha! And MAN, I love your icon. That was priceless. Already "taste the happy" has come out of my mouth several times. Useful quote, that.

Rach
Old 09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

I think GOB is just afraid of the responsibility because he might fail and then his son will feel the same way about him that GOB feels about his dad.

Rach, will there be more pictures of future parties? Also, was the Star Wars shirt a knowing reference to George-Michael's love of the film?