Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mmmm... Alan Dale.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
So I take it you like Flocke a lot then, hmm?
I hate him . But Terry's acting and all the mysteries around the smokey form of MIB is making me love to hate all of it .
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
Mmmm... Alan Dale.
You are SICK.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
You are SICK.
Yes. Yes I am.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

I am sort of feeling as if the show has lost any humanity, lol. Sayid saw Claire and didn't even care. And the reunion with Kate/Claire should have had a bigger impact than what it had. And why didn't Claire ask about Aaron when Kate told her about him? Isn't that what her motivating reason for joining with MIB was? I am worried the characters are being weakened for the plot, especially with how pathetic Ben looks lately.

Another question I have regards MIB/Jacob. Why was Ben able to kill Jacob, but Sayid was unable to kill MIB?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistry86 (View Post)
I am sort of feeling as if the show has lost any humanity, lol. Sayid saw Claire and didn't even care. And the reunion with Kate/Claire should have had a bigger impact than what it had. And why didn't Claire ask about Aaron when Kate told her about him? Isn't that what her motivating reason for joining with MIB was? I am worried the characters are being weakened for the plot, especially with how pathetic Ben looks lately.

Another question I have regards MIB/Jacob. Why was Ben able to kill Jacob, but Sayid was unable to kill MIB?
Loophole.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That has been happening ever since they announced an end-date for the show. It's been a blessing and a curse, IMO.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Perhaps because Jacob was still human and MiB lost his humanity. So he can't be killed with a simple knife. The difference was very clear, wasn't it? Jacob was spouting blood while there wasn't even a single stain of blood on the knife that Sayid plunged into MiB.
Doesn't mean he can't be killed. Perhaps there is something that could be used to kill him.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i think the answer to that has to do with what ever way MIB was able to get a complete body double of john lockes original body, which i still dont get lol
Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
Jacob did tell them to kidnap Claire, true I guess Charlie just got in the way.
Actually, Jacob didn't order that either - Ethan improvised with that too. After rewatching Maternity Leave, I noticed that Tom (Mr. Beardie) told Ethan he wasn't supposed to grab anyone until the he made the list. She could have most likely been one of them but Tom made it seem like it was a problem that she was there, she wasn't supposed to be. Tom had no idea what he was supposed to tell HIM but I'm assuming the 'him' in that instance was Ben not Jacob. We know that nobody talked directly with Jacob except Richard. Ben was the leader over the Others at that point in time.

Quote:
But what the Dharmaville massacre?
The Purge? Another plot hole that lacks alot of detail, IMO. And since MIB went out of his way to use Ben, I really have to question if an idea like that 'massacre' was really the influence of Jacob or MIB?! At least, based on what I've seen so far and what's been revealed. Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to get much more information on Dharma and what happened - not with the direction they're aiming to wrap this show up in. Let me just say I'd be very surprised if they did venture there again, LOL. But who knows. Maybe will get an admission in dialogue somewhere?

Quote:
And yes MIB does get people to do his dirty work too but I'm just saying just because Jacob hasn't himself killed anyone that we've seen he's still been responsible for some hell.
I don't know if I'm quick to say yet that Jacob has been responsible for the hell that everyone/some encountered. I think alot of free-will decisions on behalf of our Losties once they got to the island is what caused alot of their problems there. And there might have been some influence of MIB. Yes, Jacob supposedly had a hand in bringing them to the island - or so MIB says. MIB is the one that told Sawyer that Jacob is responsible for all the choices they thought they made in their lives, but how reliable is the Source - knowing what we know about MIB? If it's 'destiny' - is it really Jacob's doing or something he just knows is going to happen but can't stop?

I actually think alot of the decisions that Jacob has made, like not stopping/preventing the Temple masscre, mirrors the Desmond/Charlie plot point of S3. Desmond had the ability to see when Charlie was going to die and tried to prevent it. However, each and every time it happened, a new vision of Charlie's death would come up because Charlie was meant to die. There was nothing Desmond could do to stop it and every time he tried, the universe tried to course correct it. Well, I think that's what might be occuring with Jacob as well. While it looks bad, Jacob is probably in a position to know that certain things are meant to be and even if he tried to stop it, he wouldn't be able to do it. It's kind of like acknowledging that there's a 'higher purpose' hidden within the 'bad' that happens.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-05-2010 at 10:54 PM
Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am sort of feeling as if the show has lost any humanity, lol. Sayid saw Claire and didn't even care.
Yeah, what was with that?

Anyway, I never find Sayid's episode that interesting, so didn't really care for his other timeline whatever.

On the island, glad they didn't kill Miles, I was afraid for a minute.

I'm not buying the fact that Jacob is 100% good either.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

unsticking thread
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
New Fan

I thought The Sundown was a good episode. I cant wait for tonights episode!! I just found this funny photo gallery that has what roles the characters played before they landed the Lost gig.... MSG.com - Photos - Before They Were Lost: Cast's Pasts - Before Lost: Jon Gries
Jon Gries was in Napoleon Dynamite!?!? LOL