Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh didnt know that - that makes sense
Icon: ?
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I think it was because they were pretty set on the idea to bring back all the original (Season 1) characters. Shannon's connection could only be Sayid, considering the show wanted to go with romantic couples for most of them. And they made a big point of focusing on the experiences the characters went through on the island rather than on the mainland, so Shannon fit that perspective more than Nadia.
I just think they made a huge mistake in making such a big deal of Sayid's reunion with Nadia in S4, marrying her and being emotionally destroyed by her death, if the plan was to have S/S as endgame. (but I think that and many other things were only decided in late S5/beginning of S6)
I always thought it was a cop-out in some ways to just pair Shannon back with Sayid, esp when Nadia was so important to Sayid as we saw later.

Even if Nadia wasn't a part of the "core" group in the afterlife, he still clearly had a connection to her.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah he did
Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I always thought it was a cop-out in some ways to just pair Shannon back with Sayid, esp when Nadia was so important to Sayid as we saw later.

Even if Nadia wasn't a part of the "core" group in the afterlife, he still clearly had a connection to her.
Agreed. Why bring Nadia back into his story in Season 6? To prove that she was just some baggage he had to get over? To make his reunion with Shannon a bigger shock/surprise. Hmm.

I must say everything about Sayid's storyline in the final season confuses me, somehow.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it was strange bringing her into the flash sideways
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Agreed. Why bring Nadia back into his story in Season 6? To prove that she was just some baggage he had to get over? To make his reunion with Shannon a bigger shock/surprise. Hmm.

I must say everything about Sayid's storyline in the final season confuses me, somehow.
I don't think Sayid's actual storyline was planned out in the last season. He very much took the backburner and that was that.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

that is also very true - he wasn't really around