Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
What was the dream about? I was gonna leave you a comment on your LJ page about BSG today.
Nothing too exciting for anyone else I'm sure. I had this HUGE house all to myself. It was literally a mansion that I was somehow managing to rent. And I had just discovered the basement was perfect for setting up my own art studio (which I desperately need). Then my mom called me.

I saw your BSG post in the other thread and did my own, sort of.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Dre, I totally forgot you were piss drunk the night before. Good to hear your feeling better
Quote:
Originally Posted by karate0kat (View Post)
Ada!

I really don't think I should keep sleeping all day, so I think I'm going to go to a Harry Potter matinee in a half hour or so. I always liked Harry/Ginny, maybe that'll get my mind off this ridiculous hiatus from Lost and Skate.
Didnt you already see the movie?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I like seeing movies more than once. Besides, the negative nancies on some boards I read are getting me down and I want to go remind myself how freaking funny it is and how much I liked it (faults though it had).
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

dreiaa glad u feel better
It will be
worth it...
icon tumblr
Old 07-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hola darlings
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Dre, did you get into any adventures last night? The last time I was drunk I posted on 3 different message boards, chated with my mom on facebook, and drunk dialed my friend Jade and left her a 5 minutes voicemail that consists almost entirely of me giggling with just a few words of what's maybe supposed to be English thrown in.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

I think the negative nancies are bitter HHr fans who are pissed their couple isnt canon. They make fun of RHr too (which is my ship), so it just comes off as jealous. Seriously, I dont see this epic chemistry their shippers like to say Dan/Emma have

Quote:
Crap, I go to bed and miss drunk typing and Ada? That'll teach me to sleep.

The thing with Kara/Lee on BSG is I always felt it was too self destructive for me to really like it. I understood it, absolutely, but it was still frustrating because I though they'd likely kill each other within a week if they actually did get together. Plus, I only liked Lee half the time. But yes, in a lot of ways the triangle on that show was handled a lot better.

One difference is that while Kara didn't really 'make up her mind until the end' (I won't spoil you if you haven't got there yet) they didn't really drag it out the way Lost has either. There were large stretches of the show where her love life was inconsequential. She would have interactions with one or both men and you wouldn't really know where they stood, if any of them were together or not, and it wouldn't matter. And with Lost I don't feel like they've ever given Kate that chance. Obviously I love Skate, and I respect why some people love Jate, but I want Kate to be an amazing character in her own right. And I feel like they've never really given her a chance to be free of the triangle. Even storylines or scenes that aren't about the triangle always end up being tainted by it somehow.

So with that in mind I'm going out on a limb and saying I don't want Skate right away in season 6. Whatever your feelings on it, Sawyer/Juliet happened, and for Sawyer's sake he needs to be able to grieve. And I want Kate to have something to do that's not about her two men. That doesn't mean I want to wait until the finale to see them together again either, but maybe at least midseason? I'd rather wait for them and have it be amazing, not just for them as a couple but for them as characters, than get them right away and have it feel rushed and weird.

How's that for addressing my BSG feelings and still keeping my post on topic.
I just got to scars and yeah it's a bit self-destructive. I felt bad for Lee that Kara wanted to have sex with him because she was missing Anders. I guess I understand their relationship which is why I don't hate it...yet. But I mean I haven't watched season 3 yet so I don't know what I'll think of that.

I definately prefer Kara/Sam though if I had to choose a couple and I didn't really see much of Sam yet. I agree about Kate though. I think that is what separates her from Kara. Kara is a really strong character outside the triangle and somehow Kate got bogged down by it, lol. Even this Aaron storyline she had this season was about the triangle but this is why I consider the writing of Lost inferior overall.

I hate what they did with Sawyer/Juliet this season, but I agree if Skate were to hook up immediately it would reflect badly on Kate because then it would mean she really is just for the triangle. I'd like her to find Claire and be on her own for a little bit and then reconnect with Sawyer in season 6.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dreia, I'm glad you are feeling better.

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 07-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh, if you're only at Scar you definitely might feel different later. Season 3 is the worst the triangle ever gets. It's still better than Lost's IMO though. And the season 2 finale will blow your mind, I guarantee it.

I was so excited for Kate to have the Aaron storyline, but then it became about the triangle again. Even if it was pro-Skate that still annoyed me quite a lot. I just want to her to one storyline that's not about men. I'd even take something about her relationship with her mom at this point, just something.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 07-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hayles
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 07-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, if you're only at Scar you definitely might feel different later. Season 3 is the worst the triangle ever gets. It's still better than Lost's IMO though. And the season 2 finale will blow your mind, I guarantee it.
Demy told me the triangle was bad in season 3, so I prepared myself for that. I'm so excited for the finale, I heard Anders comes back but I don't want to spoil myself

Quote:
I was so excited for Kate to have the Aaron storyline, but then it became about the triangle again. Even if it was pro-Skate that still annoyed me quite a lot. I just want to her to one storyline that's not about men. I'd even take something about her relationship with her mom at this point, just something.
I sorta got used to the idea that Kate's storylines would be all about men. Because even her backstory was all about men, she rarely had any female interactions. I guess we're supposed to just take from her backstory and use it to understand her actions in regards to the huge triangle on Lost. But all women are about men on that show. Even in season 3 Juliet was all about men. She got cheated on by her husband, came to the island and had an affair with another woman's husband, then hooked up with Jack, to which he snubbed her for Kate. In season 5 she hooked up with Sawyer and then broke up with him because he was still into Kate. Darlton just aren't interested in writing the women to be equal to the men on this show. The only reason why people treat Juliet like a saint is because she keeps getting rejected by the men while people think Kate flip flops with them
Old 07-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Hello
Noo no way the BSG traingle is better than lost, absolutely not. Also the triangle on Lost has a good writing, you got to know why the people involved act certain way and stuff. It's written with real care and I'll never understand how people can say it sucks when it makes total sense.

FF went crazy

Last edited by Demy; 07-18-2009 at 11:36 AM
Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned

Hey Demy!

I seriously hate the character of Dee
Old 07-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I seriously hate the character of Dee
She's a watste of life. She gets more pathetic each day...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

Seriously her crush on Lee is pathetic, Im so tired of her