Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That dude can't even remember what happened and didn't in certain episodes.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Air
Elite Fan

i don't get why fanboys don't like Skate but like Jate and Suliet. I thought they didn't ship anyone because they were obsessed with the mythology.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because Jate/Suliet have had limited romantic moments. It didn't take up very much time.

No, seriously. Fanboys like Jack, so therefore the hero should get the girl. As for Suliet, it was the first time they actually liked Sawyer, so they want him to stick with the storyline that made him tolerable for them. In other words, Sawyer has to be a big sexless bore for fanboys to like him.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I find funny the people who claim they aren't shippers but they do God all mighty to say sht about Skate...

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

I think they ship those pairings because they don't go too far into sexuality and romance. Like they wouldn't take away from the overall plot because they are already just there in the background while Skate would be visibly there and big. Also, the Kate hate so they don't want Kate to hook up with Sawyer after Juliet died, so they think she deserves Jack/

ETA--I see Crys beat me. But seriously, all the big romantic moments on Lost happened between Sawyer and Kate. They dominated the romance, the sexuality, the everything. When they stopped sharing too many scenes in seasons 4-5, it became plot driven and they don't want to go back to season 3.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Air
Elite Fan

hmmmm interesting! thank you for clearing it up for me

and with that i'm off to bed! night guys!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It all goes back to hatred for Kate. Which is why Suliet was so popular in the first place.

Night, Erin!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

well fanboys didn't like Kate even before Juliet entered the picture.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Banned

I think fanboys are worried that if Sawyer/Kate go there again, it will become too rich in romance and it will overwhelm the plot, like it happened in season 3. But I don't think Darlton are looking to be safe and Sawyer/Kate are the only couple that get people talking. Whether it's negatively, positively, or out of curiousity.

It's pretty interesting stuff. Personally, I never like to ship based on what is in or popular. Chuck/Blair became really overrated for me and I started to ship Dan/Blair (a pairing that everyone scoffs at). I loved Puck/Rachel and then they got overrated too (now I can't deal with Glee right now). I didn't MIND Juliet, until she became overrated. I have a tolerance level. I need to see something as worthy for me to understand why others like it.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

well even we got to see a Skate friendship thread

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Friendsssss fer life.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

I mind the friendship thing but I've begun to realize how desparate it is. If people need to create an imaginary friendship to feel better about what they are watching onscreen, all the power to them.

I've noticed that on TWOP, the only active thread is the Kate/Sawyer one. Perhaps this is because it's the only couple that has any scenes. This is the last season so everything matters. They are not stalling to reveal everything at the end. Everything has momentum and adds little building blocks to the overall puzzle. It just seems a little silly to expect Kate to remain ambiguous until the end, when Jack swoops in. They are building towards something and for there to be payoff, it has to start now.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

They really wasted no time, huh? I never thought we'd have so many SK scenes so soon.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't think AT ALL all the answer will be address at the end of the season.
baby steps, and the finale it's only 2 hours there's no room for everything.

and it makes me think the triangle will be resolved before the finale

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
They really wasted no time, huh? I never thought we'd have so many SK scenes so soon.
Twenty.
Twenty.
Twenty.
growing up. moving on.