Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Off Topic #72: NO TITLE....again.

continue.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

tftnt skategirl88

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistry86 (View Post)
I was gonna say that Damon/Bonnie reminds me of Sawyer/Juliet. So does Pacey/Andie actually
yea they do. and im suliet of course but eww hated pacey/andie. grossss. then stefen/elena is the jate of the show lol
Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Yeah but you have to admit, Pacey/Andie is more of Suliet ship. Joey is more similar to Kate. Then I'd say Dawson/Joey was the Jate of DC
Old 11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
then stefen/elena is the jate of the show lol
for sure
Old 11-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

o yea id agree they were suliet of the show in a sense yet unlike with suliet, i just dont see how anyone couldve liked pacey/andie. i mean did they have a big following? i didnt even use forums then, too little so im wondering did ppl even like them.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Umm, the reason why people liked Pandie is the same reason why people liked Suliet. The reason is what I have no clue about though, since I don't really like either ship at all. Like I've heard people say that gave Pacey the confidence in himself, but really all I saw was her turning him into some guy he was NOT. At the time, the actress who played Andie was like 10 years older than Joshua Jackson. I am not sure if he did not find himself attracted to her, so it translated to no onscreen chemistry or what.

This conversation about Suliet and Pandie would send Ally into a convulsion if she ever saw this, ahahah. I think they might be her two most hated ships
Old 11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Umm, the reason why people liked Pandie is the same reason why people liked Suliet. The reason is what I have no clue about though, since I don't really like either ship at all. Like I've heard people say that gave Pacey the confidence in himself, but really all I saw was her turning him into some guy he was NOT. At the time, the actress who played Andie was like 10 years older than Joshua Jackson. I am not sure if he did not find himself attracted to her, so it translated to no onscreen chemistry or what.

This conversation about Suliet and Pandie would send Ally into a convulsion if she ever saw this, ahahah. I think they might be her two most hated ships
LMFAO.

What you just said is 100% perfection. That is all I will say on that. For the sake of my sanity.
growing up. moving on.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

i just find them completely different tho. i mean yea i agree they are within same categories, but i dont know, maybe i dont have all the same reasons for shipping suliet as other sulieters.

i notice that some skate fans say sawyer turned into something hes not so they dislike him in s5 but as sawyer fan i love him in all seasons, and i think his change was a natural progression..hes still same sawyer but 3 yrs pass and ppl arent the exact same as before. once he killed "sawyer" --anthony cooper he was able to let go of baggage so course hed change.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Sawyer, but I don't character worship.. so if he does something wrong, or bad, or annoying.. i'll admit it.
growing up. moving on.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

its wrong to mature?

i mean ppl act like hes jack now. hes still sawyer but being left on the island for 3 yrs he had to take on a new role or else theyd all have been screwed. i just dont see how that was bad?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

But there wasnt any natural progression. I think what makes us Skaters is we love the build up, angst, passion and gradual cresendo of not just Skate but Sawyer's storyline too. We don't just want it to happen over night. The reason why I don't like Pandie is the same thing...it just forced Pacey to grow up so fast and it took away that playful edge he had in the first season. Also, they asked us to pretend we didn't notice his chemistry with Joey in the first season, it was a no dice situation for me, lol. I also see a lot of sparks between my boys (Sawyer, Pacey), and the girls they wanted as their first choice (Kate, Joey)...and by that I mean great, great chemistry. THE chemistry of both series, and then in comparison to their other relationships, Im just like WTF?

Okay I get that they had baggage and insecurities with Kate, Joey but umm thats what makes it interesting to watch...to watch them fall hard and deep and love so deeply it scares them. I just don't see that same passion in Suliet or Pandie...no offense though!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFaraday (View Post)
its wrong to mature?

i mean ppl act like hes jack now. hes still sawyer but being left on the island for 3 yrs he had to take on a new role or else theyd all have been screwed. i just dont see how that was bad?
Lying to yourself is mature? Leaving all of your friends to die is mature? Giving up is mature?

That's not Sawyer, i'm sorry. That was LaFleur and they gave him LITERALLY a different name to show that.
growing up. moving on.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But there wasnt any natural progression. I think what makes us Skaters is we love the build up, angst, passion and gradual cresendo of not just Skate but Sawyer's storyline too. We don't just want it to happen over night. The reason why I don't like Pandie is the same thing...it just forced Pacey to grow up so fast and it took away that playful edge he had in the first season. Also, they asked us to pretend we didn't notice his chemistry with Joey in the first season, it was a no dice situation for me, lol. I also see a lot of sparks between my boys (Sawyer, Pacey), and the girls they wanted as their first choice (Kate, Joey)...and by that I mean great, great chemistry. THE chemistry of both series, and then in comparison to their other relationships, Im just like WTF?

Okay I get that they had baggage and insecurities with Kate, Joey but umm thats what makes it interesting to watch...to watch them fall hard and deep and love so deeply it scares them. I just don't see that same passion in Suliet or Pandie...no offense though!
yea its odd i like all those things too and wouldve liked more buildup for juliet but they could only do so much with one season to establish the relationship, well really it was like one ep when we suddenly knew. and dont worry i dont take offense if someone disagree with a ship, i respect all ships pretty much but as much passion, and angst as skate has, it just feels like somethings missing which is why i couldnt ship them. guess i just see whats missing for them in jate.passion, angst is great but its not the only thing that can hold a relationship always, which is why sometimes i follow those couples in that category then sometimes not. but yea since you explained your reasons i see why you dislike lafleur/suliet tho..

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
Lying to yourself is mature? Leaving all of your friends to die is mature? Giving up is mature?

That's not Sawyer, i'm sorry. That was LaFleur and they gave him LITERALLY a different name to show that.
yes but these were things that mostly happened in the finale, or near finale. and i think those things he did were all under pressure, when everything was falling apart in a stressful sitauation. i mean even i was surprised that sawyer was really getting on the sub but then did you also have a problem with any of kates actions s5 cause in LADOJB she basically told locke she wasnt going back to the island, even tho her friends, including sawyer could potentially die.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
guess i just see whats missing for them in jate..
I don't. And honestly, I dont see how Skate and Jate are comparable. Each serve their own purpose on the show, and you can easily see the lack of Skate in seasons 4-5 took something away from the show, lol. I mean look at the ratings of season 5, it has been doing down since the end of season 3...the fun, sex appeal and flare is gone from the show.

Quote:
yes but these were things that mostly happened in the finale, or near finale.
That doesnt matter. LaFleur to the finale was like in the span of only a FEW days, lol. As for Kate's actions in season 5, it was explained in WHH..she felt abandonment issues.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

im watching VD online. if anyone wants the link pm me!