Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm sorry, but I have to protest against this thread. Why is there one about Kate's "unconditional" love for Aaron?

There was nothing unconditional about it. She claimed him as her son, because she couldn't deal with Saywer jumping out of the helicopter in the Season 4 finale. She kept Aaron from his grandmother for over two years, due to her own selfishness and fear of getting caught. The only reason she finally turned Aaron over to Carole Littleton is because Clementine, Sawyer's ex, told her to do it.

I find nothing "unconditional" about Kate's feelings for Aaron. Just pure selfishness.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hey DR76!

If you have anything against Kate & her relastionship with Aaron this is not the thread for it. You have anti-Kate thread & you can talk about whatever you want about her.
We're not gonna open this kinda discussion in this thread because we will obviously disagree & it will keep going on & on.

We find her love for him is unconditional & you clearly don't. So...we don't need to open this argumant. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yara, thank you so much for helping out. DR76, just like Yara said, this is an appreciation thread for Kate and Aaron and even if we know that Aaron belongs to Claire, we also think that Kate was a good mom for the child. That said, we do have an Anti-Kate thread where you'll be able to say how you feel about her taking care of Aaron. So please, let's keep this argument out of this thread. Thank you in advice.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok first watch the show or at least pay attention to it because Clementine is a 6 - 7 years old girl and she is Sawyer's daughter.

and yes her love for Aaron was unconditional and she came back for him, to be reunited with Claire.
Thank you

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Last edited by Tati_SwanJones; 10-15-2009 at 06:38 PM
Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why do people always say it's Clem and not Cassidy?

DR76, if you'd like to bring constructive conversation to the thread and ASK the fans of Aaron and Kate why they like and enjoy the relationship nicely and maturely, that's fine. But not with comments like that, because they're negative towards the appreciation of them both.
growing up. moving on.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

LOL4EVER. Seriously? Alright this probably shouldn't have been responded to but...
Quote:
There was nothing unconditional about it. She claimed him as her son, because she couldn't deal with Saywer jumping out of the helicopter in the Season 4 finale. She kept Aaron from his grandmother for over two years, due to her own selfishness and fear of getting caught. The only reason she finally turned Aaron over to Carole Littleton is because Clementine, Sawyer's ex, told her to do it.
Just because her motivating reason for taking Aaron was selfish doesn't mean she didn't love him. Have you not done something for the wrong reasons but it ended up being a positive influence in your life? This kind of notion is literally saying second chances don't exist...like we as humans can't make amends. Now if it can happen in RL why can't it happen on TV when the parameters are MUCH more malleable?

So what if she took him because of Sawyer, she made Aaron her whole world and put him above Sawyer and Jack. She only came back to the island to find Claire because she knew he needed his mother no matter how much she loved him. She refused to be with Jack in the flashforwards of s4 until he accepted Aaron as part of the package deal.

So I am actually rather curious, are you saying that just because someone points something out to us it somehow makes us separated from the resulting decisions we make? There is something called 'tough love' which is when someone tells you the truth because you are not willing to face it. FACT. But here is the interesting part...what we CHOOSE to do with that information is called free will. So just because Cassidy pointed out to Kate that she was holding to Aaron for herself doesn't make her act any less selfless to give him up because she chose to do so. No one forced Aaron out of her hands.

Last edited by chemistry86; 10-15-2009 at 06:51 PM
Old 10-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

and Ada, I am in the mood to hug you for that post

Merci.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

Muaha no problem, just pointing out Kate's POV which I don't see how it's difficult to understanding, lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know...I know....

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you kept that somewhat mature, Ada. Nicely done. *is proud*
growing up. moving on.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Yey, I passed. I am trying to work on my online rudeness

I also wanted to say that no character takes the same path towards their final destination. It's easy to dismiss Kate's story as selfish because a lot of her growth has not been linear. It seems like she takes one step forward, a few back and then forward again.

The path taken would depend on the nature of the storyline the writers had intended for each character and where they started off. If characters start from the bottom and work their way up (Sawyer), it's easier to empathize with them. Other characters take a messier route but the only thing certain is that everyone ends up in a different place than where they started.

We cannot continuously hold Kate's mistakes against her, and then when she does something positive, hold that against her as well. It's like refusing to see that the character is changed because we don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Okay, I probably should take my own advice in regards to other characters on Lost but meh

Last edited by chemistry86; 10-16-2009 at 05:07 PM
Old 10-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulate (View Post)
Her seeing grown up Aaron would be heartbreaking, it would be like Rousseau & Alex, kinda... how she wasn't asking about her daughter because she knew that she wouldn't remember her, or even know that she cared about her. Although if Aaron is raised by Claire, she could somehow tell Aaron that Kate raised him when he was younger, just so he knows..
I have no clue if this will happen at all But I would love to see Aaron grown up
Wow. I didn't even think about that comparison.
Nice!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ada

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

so she took Aaron because she didn't want to be alone???

it's heartbreaking.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatibsblp (View Post)
so she took Aaron because she didn't want to be alone???

it's heartbreaking.
'I can't lose him, too.' All the pieces fall into place.
growing up. moving on.