Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT ~ Read & Respond!

Hello, guys!

We wanted to remind you that talking about opposite ship in your shipper thread IS allowed. You can talk about it as long as you're not bashing and not talking ONLY about the other ship. Constructive criticism and thoughtful comparisons in discussions are always welcome.

For example, you can say 'I think Skate/Jate/Suliet's relationship is more mature than the Skate/Jate/Suliet's, because.... [insert constructive, bashing-less arguments about both ships in here]', while you can't go 'Skate/Jate/Suliet clearly fails because...[insert all not-so-respectfull comments about the other ship only]'.

Similar thing goes to the Character Appreciation threads. We know there are fans of certain characters who are afraid to express their opinion about some story lines, cause other fans could get upset for seeing things differently. All the comments regarding the character are allowed unless they bash or are being disrespectful toward other posters or fans/shipper groups in general.

Please remember to respect each other's opinions. We're all different and we have different points of view. You won't get anyone to change their way of thinking no matter how many times you'll try to convince him/her that your POV is the only one that is right.

Finally, we would like to, once again, discourage you to lurk in the opposite shippers threads. Lately we've been getting plently of reports that not necessarily were pointing at rules-breaking. Just try to stick to your thread(s) and enjoy posting without looking for someone else's faults. It's waaay more fun like that.

Thank you for reading.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bridget, thank you for this.
I can't add anything else to this since,
I agree to everything you said here. and I hope that, once again, people will take this seriously and talk about positive things or analyze another ship/character/actor with respect.

Also wanted to congrats you. This was a very interesting, respectful and nice post to read.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

BEST POST EVER!

Thanks Bridge. I really think now that we are allowed to be constructive in our threads, shipper tensions wont be so high on this board, and I personally wont make so many mocking comments towards the other pairings if I can voice my POV in a sensible way
Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Extreme Fan

thx for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Amarula~ (View Post)
Finally, we would like to, once again, discourage you to lurk in the opposite shippers threads. Lately we've been getting plently of reports that not necessarily were pointing at rules-breaking. Just try to stick to your thread(s) and enjoy posting without looking for someone else's faults. It's waaay more fun like that.

hmmmm...very interesting
"We walk by faith "
avi Ahmed
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Bridget!

Quote:
SO much word to this.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

best post!~ thank you!
I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, you better believe that I am trying to beat this•Now and again we try to just stay alive•Two weeks and you ran away.•
Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
AHahahhhahhaha, wicked.

Thanks, BNESS. So we CAN actually mention their names now without getting warned? Awesome.
growing up. moving on.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Bnesss
Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks BBBBB

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just want you to know that this is not directed at any shipper group. My co-mods and me were discussing the issue throughly, and we decided to post this annoucement

If you guys have any questions about what you can discuss, what not. Anything. Please ask in this thread or PM any of the mods.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting this. I understand, & I hope people will take it seriously.

And also no actor bashing, right?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course no bashing.
growing up. moving on.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this B!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this. I understand

lips so sweet
hard to beat
lau ◊ twitter| tumblr|
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Finally, something that makes sense! Thanks for the post, Bridget.