Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

We've read the articles where she mentions that acting isn't her priority and if she wants to act she is very specific with roles. What I gather of her talking about acting is that quality over quantity is more important to her.

But of course, as us being fans we just want to see her in a lot of things
Marilyn
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that's what I had to think off right away... Those articles. She is picky about her roles and I'm glad she doesn't do anything she is offered. And since she had an audition, we can hope, right? That means she found something she's interested in. I'm really happy for that.

Quote:
But of course, as us being fans we just want to see her in a lot of things
That's exactly it
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kay is not at a point where she can be picky about the roles she takes on. She hasn't been in the business that long and is not an "A lister" like Julia Roberts, Penelope Cruz, Sharon Stone etc. Kay should be taking on just about anything she can get at this point. Otherwise she will remain a nobody in the business. Her sister has got lots of roles lined up cause she takes her career seriously and is grown up about it. Kay needs to stop acting like an immature teenager and grow up already. I hate to sound like an ass. I love her as much as any of her other fans. Maybe more. It just frustrates me that she doesn't seem to take acting seriously. If acting isn't her priority then she should get out of Hollywood.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Kay should be taking on just about anything she can get at this point. Otherwise she will remain a nobody in the business.

Becoming an A-lister isn't her priority. Hence her not thanking any role that comes to her.

I personally don't think she's acting immature She isn't in acting for the status of becoming a big shot actress or in it for the money.

Almost everyone in the business when into acting because they want to make this a life long career whereas Kay has stated that she want to do other things. She is only interested in specific roles and is only willing to go for those... while I wish her standards are bit more loose so that she'd have more options.

I forgot the actress name but she played DJ on Full House and she was interviewed and asked her if she had gotten any project offers and she had mentioned that she had gotten offered at least a handful of roles on popular shows that are going on right now. She chose to turn them down cause she has certain standards and those shows characters is something she's not willing to portray. She, like Kay has opportunities but chose to turn them down for roles that they are more passionate about and it might not make them famous but it gives them a sense of gratification.

Kay is into acting for the art of it instead of the fame and money. I don't think that just because she's not willing to take more acting roles means she should get out of the business
Marilyn
Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well I stand by my statement. If she's not getting steady gigs how is she making money?? Any royalties she's getting (few I'm sure) can't be much. She won't be able to live off them for very long. She'll have to find a job somewhere. Maybe she can work at the mall. If I was an actor I'd do everything I had to do to be a successful actor. But I'd do the same no matter what career I was in. Either way Kay needs to pick a career path and go for it full tilt.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

We don't know her source of incomes so we can't pass judgement on not making any money but there are a lot of actors who go the independent route just for the fact that they do acting for the arts and not for the money.

Kay has a lot of possibilities besides working at a mall.

She mentioned some of her other passion besides acting like children, and charity work. She has a degree and she mentioned that she would like to teach children. She could go back to school and get her teaching credentials, or she can work in a company that helps students with their education. She mentioned she's a fan of charity work and I can imagine her working for a charity company.
Marilyn
Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well it seems like acting is her only source of income. I know she babysits but she said she does that for free. Even so that won't pay the bills. All I'm saying is that it's time for her to focus on a career path and go for it full tilt. Nothing wrong with having various passions. But she needs to put herself on solid ground. I can see her doing most any of the things she mentioned she loves but only one can be her full time career. Some of the others can be things she does in her spare time.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

A far as fans know, acting is her only source of income but she could have other stuff we are not aware of

Kay is about the age in her life where she isn't sure where she fit in right now. I know I am I'm about to finish college soon and I'm not positive what I want to do in the 'real world'

Lucy
Icon by Marilyn
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

I know that Kay is back East right now with her parents so I hope that Kay and her parent are safe! Hurricane Sandy is gonna being hitting hard lots of people have been evacuated
Marilyn
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I as well think that there can be other incomes for Kay, too... We don't know about it and if you ask me, she doesn't seem to live a life and throw her money out the window for stupid stuff. Just normal things like every other young adult, too. If she leads a normal life she can for sure get really far with the money she already earned.

And I don't like you saying, Mark, that you would take every role you would be offered but at first telling people that kissing and sex scenes in acting are against your believes. I guess you wouldn't take every single one, huh?

I really hate it if people judge about others when not even knowing them. That's exactly happening here and we know like nothing about who Kay is, how she feels or what she wants. So just drop it. It's her life and I know, frustrating for a fan. I would love to see her in something again, too because I miss her on screen but I accept her decisions, no matter what. And I trust her and believe in her.

Kay tweeted something about her being without internet for two weeks. I hope that has nothing to do with Sandy? I so hope she stays save and I'm happy that none of you lives near. Sandy sounds really frightening.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I really do hope she's okay cause the storm is crazy right now and hitting hard on a few states in the East Coast!
Marilyn
Old 10-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey just stating what i believe. Apparently free speech is not welcome here. Maybe I should just leave the forum.

And yes I hope Kay and her family are safe wherever they are. I know I'd do just about anything to keep her safe if I could.

Last edited by Canuck31; 10-29-2012 at 03:58 PM
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think that it's you can't say what you want but just that what you have said is a bit contradiction you had mentioned about not wanting her to take roles that are sexualized like film that kiss and have sex but then you mention that she should take any roles instead of being selective and assuming she has nothing else to do but sit around the house.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had been going to a lot of auditions but people are just not interested in her so she doesn't have control over that. I don't think she's going to straight out tell interviewers that she keeps getting turned down for roles and it would be more better to say that she has other interest as well.

I hope that she's in the parts of the East coast that isn't too severe. My friend live in New York but luckily for him he doesn't live in the actual New York city that's being flooded right now but he is starting to get emergency warning that he might have to evacuate
Marilyn
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mark, please... I'm as well stating what I think. And yeah, it's been contradiction, that's what I wanted to point out. Besides that it's not on us to judge her which I think you're way too hard on. What are you doing the whole day, Mark? If you're not working or whatever... You're in the internet, you're watching movies and tv shows, you're hanging out with friends. So that's your right but not Kay's? Don't you think it's a bit unfair. I don't know if you'd wish a life that you want for Kay for yourself?

I as well think it makes it really hard to tell about Kay because she's a really private person, too. And that's kind of self-protection if you are a celebrity. But with that behavior she as well make her fans believe exactly what you do, Mark. So how to do it, it's always wrong. Celebrities doesn't have the easiest life Sadly.

Oh no... Really, Marilyn? That sounds terrible. I not even can imagine to get such warnings.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just get the feeling (as I have discussed with someone else who agrees) that Kay is being overly selective on the roles she plays. It's like she doesn't want to challenge her acting ability and really show her full potential. She's afraid to push her boundaries and play roles very different from who she is which is what acting is all about. I'm sure there are many roles out there that don't involve sensual/sexual things. Or at least very minimal amount. She may be auditioning for many roles or maybe not. You're right we don't know that. it would be nice if she tweet when she was going to auditions so her fans could tweet back there support for her.

I don't think I was being contradictory in say I would take just about any role. I believe I would except those with lots of sexual things in them. I believe Kay can do the same. Like I said there are likely many roles out there with very minimal or no sensual/sexual things part of it. I think Kay's acting range is huge and she could play a wide variety of roles but I don't think she sees that. I think some things have happened behind the scenes that may have hurt her confidence (like the instance of those on NOF saying she was "fat").

Kay needs to know and believe in herself that she has the ability to play a wide range of roles. Sadly Hollywood puts a lot of pressure on looks which sadly means that Kay may not always "look the part". I think we can all agree that Kay is a very beautiful woman even though some in Hollywood may disagree. Kay's sister Danielle seems to have lots of confidence in herself and it clearly shows cause she's landing lots of projects. Kay's possible lack of confidence may be showing in her auditions which may play a part in her getting turned down. Kay needs to go into auditions knowing full well she can play the part and maybe that will help her out.

I also have no issue with Kay doing "extra curricular" activities. It just comes off like she's not too focused and serious about her career. But hey maybe I'm wrong.

Side Note: Just watching the classic sitcom Saved By The Bell and I can definitely see Kay playing Kelly.

Last edited by Canuck31; 10-30-2012 at 08:48 AM