Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Loyal Fan

The Spoiler Thread - Season Two and Beyond!

Well, we've been speculating for quite a while now (about season two) but it is finally official!!

Read the interview with Ilene Chaiken.

Karina Lombard/Marina is not returning.
Tim might make some minor appearances, but expect his character to be wrapped up as Eric Mabius heads on to a new series "Eyes".
Expect more turmoil for Bette and Tina. This is a long saga.
Alice and Dana...I'm betting there's some juicy drama coming up for these two since Ilene doesn't seem to want any info about this storyline slip out.
Ilene mentions some recurring guest stars. The main one will be Lara/Lauren Lee Smith. At least one scene was altered last season to facilitate this return when her character was originally to be done with after a few eps. Apparantly they loved Lauren on the show, the viewers loved Lara, and Lauren loved working on the show. She's very glad to be going back for more!
I expect another returning guest star to be Ivan, others possible Robin and Gene. Their storylines haven't been tied up yet.

I hope Annette (Jenny's friend) would return. THIS IS NOT A SPOILER - I have heard NO mention whatsoever of her returning, it's just what I would like to see. I really enjoyed Jenny when Annette was around.

Regarding the DVD release: Ilene had already said there would be bloopers and deleted scenes and I was hoping and praying that ep 1.12 would be one of those! And my wishes were confirmed, it looks like the entire episode will be back the way it was originally written. YAAAAAY!!! I'm telling you right now, that episode was hi-freakin-larious the way it was written. I was SO disappointed when I watched the episode and saw that the best bits (in my opinion) had been deleted. There are quite a few scenes with Alice, Dana, Shane, and the religious protestor in a jail cell full of female criminals. BRING ON THE FUNNY!!

~Slicey
~Kate about her character Shane.

Last edited by ~*Nikki*~; 06-02-2004 at 10:26 PM
Old 06-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Sounding SO very cool. I'm especially excited about Lauren returning.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

I edited the title a bit.

Thanks for the spoilers, if you hear more, please post em here!

Nikki
Old 06-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Ditto what Nikki said. Gah, 2005 is so freaking far away

Old 06-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

It seems that way, but I'm sure it will get here in no time.

Nikki
Old 06-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

It's interesting to think, because by the time it comes back, I'll be a college graduate

Old 06-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

The air date for season 2 is supposedly pushed back to mid-January.

Tonya is reportedly back for a "few appearances."

Lauren Lee Smith (Lara) is back for "several episodes" - most likely either after Tonya and/or helping to drive Tonya away.

Tim is scheduled for a "few appearances" but it's unknown whether he'll actually be back for them or not before filming his new series.

Karina Lombard will not be back AT ALL - despite fans sending out ads in attempt at "saving" her and Marina's publicists encouraging this behavior - both Showtime and Ilene Chaiken (and other unnamed sources) have stated that the actress is NOT returning.

Laurel is pregnant and expecting in the fall - no news on how they will hide or work this pregnancy into the script as she will be showing during the filming schedule.

~Slicey
~Kate about her character Shane.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the updates Slicey

I have a question for ya. I've been hearing rumors of a new regular being cast and that Iyari Limon is up for the role and is supposedly Jennifer Beals' top choice. Any idea where that info is coming from?

Old 06-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Slicey

Lauren Lee Smith (Lara) is back for "several episodes" - most likely either after Tonya and/or helping to drive Tonya away.

~Slicey
I love the word 'several'. See that too me = approx. 7

Holy Sweet And Cuddly Pandas
We're not bad people Mac. Just under-acheivers making up for lost time. [Scotland PA]
Avi <<- FlyingHigh25
Old 06-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that kinda sucks about the total lack of Karina/Marina. Sure I didn't really like the character but that phone call was like a huge cliffhanger. I guess they'll just explain it away somehow instead of letting us actually see Jenny finally working through her Marina issues on screen. Also glad to see that Jenny will be a full on lesbian, exploring that side. I always kinda assumed she was but that she was in serious denial.

Also I'm kinda bummed that Tim won't be back. I liked him although I knew the writing was on the wall for him when he & Jenny broke up.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Well they're going to end up with NO closure on the Marina/Jenny relationship, so that really sucks. It'll be interesting to see where Jenny stands and who will be in her orbit without Marina OR Tim around.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm just glad Marina is gone, I don't care how they get rid of her.

Kinda torn on the Lara issue. I love her and I loved her with Dana but I'm deep into the Danish ship right now. At least Leisha is a regular, chances are higher. Can't wait to see how that will play out.

As for Bette and Tina, too much drama. I hate all this cheating issue so I don't give a damn until they get back together. Normally, I would never give Bette another chance, not even in fiction, but this is different. I hope they can work out soon. If this drag this out too much, I might lose interest.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's going to be interesting to see how they work around Laurel's pregnancy. Can't write it in can they?

Old 06-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe they'll wait to shoot Laurel's scenes until she has the baby? I mean they've got until Jan or Feb before it airs.

I'm torn on the Alice/Dana/Lara thing as well, but I imagine that they realized that they might have hooked Dana/Alice up too quickly and this is how they are going to keep them apart for now.

I personally love both ships so I'm going to torn once the shipper wars begin, lol.

Nikki
Old 06-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

The role Iyari Limon was up for in Season Two, a new character named Carmen has been given to Sarah Shahi. I'm thinking that the role is a regular one and she's starring as a love interest for Shane I think judging from Iyari's statment on the character.

To bring you up on whom Sarah is, she played Jenny in the first season of Alias. She was Will's secretary whom he had a relationship with. She also guest starred as Sadia on two episodes of Dawson's Creek in it's 6th season. She was a love interest for Pacey. She's also had guest roles on Reba, Frasier, and Maybe It's Me.

Nikki