Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-26-2004, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

OT Thread #3: Chocolate Cake All Around!

Ahem, yes, who's craving some Hershey goodness? Cause I live about an hour from the factory, ya know, I could go make a run

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 08-26-2004, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Casandra... You live in Houston?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hershey's not in Houston

It's in PA, where I live. The town at least.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

I was talking about Montrose. It's Houston's gay area of town right next to the museum district. It's so much fun to go there.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhh!

Nope, my Montrose is lined with houses full of old couples married fifty years.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

lol Wow that's a really big stretch from gay area to married of fifty years... Gays need to be able to get married by the way... gr.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

Well not that big of a stretch if you really think about it. Het divorce rate is sky high, and the LGBT community tends to be much more monogamous.

But I'm totally with you on the gay marriage thing. And to think I'm registered republican

Old 08-26-2004, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

lol I'm wicked liberal. We had a political spectrum test at school. 50 was radical. 0 was reactionary. 25's dead even. I was a 47

You think it's just because homosexual relationships are under such oppression that they value the idea of being with solely one person more? Or is it just a *shrug* meh kind of thing?
Old 08-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

I actually think I'd probably land between 25-30 on that spectrum. I registered when I was 18, and my entire family is severely conservative. I'm 23 now though, and being in college has really let me escape from that influence and think for myself. Needless to say it doesn't sit well with my mother. She's uneasy enough about my bisexuality, now I'm becoming a liberal. She's scared

When it comes to gay relationships though, I don't know if it's the opression or the fact that they really have a limited percentage of people to 'pick' from. Roughly twenty percent, although you can't figure in the closeted people in that number I don't think.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Well you can figure in closetted if you have a sharp enough gaydar. Mine's of rather good calibur I can proudly say. My thoughts on the gay relationship thing is that in comparison to a heterosexual relationship, homosexuals tend to understand one another at a specific level. Trust me, the sex isn't the only reason I'm ridiculously girlcrazy. I promise. It's just the whole "Men are from Mars" kind of thing. Atop that, the oppression is really something up for discussion.

There's a real big "if" on the gay population for the sheer reasons that there are so many different numbers floating around about how many gays there actually are. Supposedly they only account for 20,000 ish in America which I don't think is true thinking of the question: Where are they getting this information from? Definitely not the kids. Definitely not teenagers. It's not very stable and in estimation there must be far far far more people that have homosexual tendencies. Not everyone's a one on the kinsey scale.

I'm starting to think women are more open to homosexuality than men are... although I don't know why I didn't htink that before... lol
Old 08-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

I tend to have pretty good gaydar too, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the percentages. I honestly have no idea where the numbers are coming from either. Because it seems that they're increasing exponentially in the last couple of years. But is that because there just are MORE or is it because it's a much more accepting and open enviornment now than it was even five years ago. There are way too many variables for there to really be an accurate 'head count'.

I agree about the intimacy level though. I think it's without question that two women inherintly can understand each other much better than a man and a woman. I can't know if it's the same way with men, not being one, but being of the female persuasion, I can certainly attest that it's much easier to connect with a woman than a man.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Well it really does make sense when you think about it. I can't say so much for men either as I'm such a lesbian I have not one but three K.D. Lang albums. We're not getting into that one. The percentage count is amazingly inacurrate, but I think the only reason that it's growing exponentially is because now there's a cushion for people who are out. There's an enviroment for them to come out to rather than being viciously pounded with disapproval, hatred, and discrimination. It's the way the world is progressing now which I think is a good thing. We're becoming more revolutionized in our values and views of the world. There's more open-mindedness in that not everything is black and white and that the gray area shouldn't be judged. Many people these days are very devout Christian and have been taught to hate homosexuality, but their views are "If they're out of my way, then it's fine." That's cool with me. I live in a very suburban area of Houston and very Christian. I have both sides of hate and apathy. I prefer the apathy.

Oh god I'm sleeping now.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

And you're worried about your PSAT's? I know damn well you'll have your verbal half nailed

Old 08-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

You're really nice. Thanks for the reassurance I really need it
Old 08-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know about nice, I think I just read people pretty well