Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-19-2004, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Board Customization - Please Read

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of customizing message boards and now it's your turn! Please post any picture and color suggestions that you have on this thread. We would also appreciate it if you could let us know which characters you’d like to see in the board graphic. Any help is appreciated, but we ask that you please do not post pictures directly onto this thread, as that will severely slow down the load time for people with slower connections.

Also, while you're welcome to submit graphics for consideration, do not post graphic submissions directly onto this thread. If you have a graphic that you would like to be considered for this board, please PM it to me. Please remember to make all graphics at 230*100, and include the name of the board on the graphic. For examples of the graphical style that we’re looking for, check out the recently customized boards, like Scrubs, or Queer Eye etc. Basically, we would like the border of the graphic to blend into a solid background, as you can see on the recently customized boards. You’re allowed to submit as many sample graphics as you like. Please upload the graphics you make to a website, preferably to a place that allows outside linking like photobucket.com, and send me the link. We'll select the best submissions and post them along with the graphics that the team makes to be voted on by you, the posters.

You'll be allowed to vote for your favorite graphic in a few weeks from today, and it’ll continue for a few days at which point the thread will be closed and we will immediately start customizing your board.

Your votes and suggestions for possible colors and the best graphic will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this process, or if you are interested in joining the Graphics Team, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for reading this.

Sabrina
Old 06-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yay, custom L Word

Personally I like the idea of pink, black and white for the board, kinda like The L Word logo itself.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heee I'm so excited! I like the idea of blue & black colors myself. & have all of the main girls in the logo: Bette, Tina, Shane, Alice, Dana & Jenny.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Blue!!!!!

I like blue
Old 06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to side with Cass on the pink black and white. It would be most different from the other boards. Blue has been used before, and black/pink/white would be something kewl and new.

I'm going to PM someone the logo which I think would make a good banner.

I mean we do not know who is coming back or whom will be added to the cast so why put the cast on the banner when we could put the logo instead?

Nikki
Old 06-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Sabrina I sent you a PM, let me know if the pics went through all right.

Nikki
Old 06-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~
I'm going to side with Cass on the pink black and white. It would be most different from the other boards. Blue has been used before, and black/pink/white would be something kewl and new.

Nikki
Yeah I know I was just kidding pink black and white are ok
Old 06-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Yay! The board is gettin designed!!

Im liking the Pink/Black/White idea, very classy

Is Kit going to be in the logo?

darylღbeth
Old 06-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

I made up some mock banners to send in to Sabrina and the Graphics team and I'll tell that it's really hard to get all of the characters in since it's such a large cast. I ended up only putting Jenny-Bette-Tina-Dana-Alice-Shane-Kit in it and leaving out Marina and Tim since they're not coming back for Season Two with the exception of one episode possibly. I know they're adding characters and I would feel bad if they became popular additions, they would not be in the banner so I also did a few mock ups with just the logo in it. It might look bored but it's better than having pissed off fans cause their favorite character is not in the banner I suppose.

Nikki
Old 06-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Looks like I'm all alone in my blue love! That's okay I like being the rebel. I just despise pink w/every fiber of my being
Old 06-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Well I don't hate blue, in fact it's my fave color, but I just love the L Word logo and like the colors.

Nikki
Old 06-27-2004, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

hey guys, do you think you could list the names of the actors next to the characters you want on the banner? i know that mia kirshner, jennifer beals, and kate moening are three of the main characters but i forget the other ones. i looked on IMDB but I forgot. heh.
Samantha #121
Old 06-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Personally I'm not a fan of that idea, it's a neat concept for a show that doesn't have a large cast though. I mean if we only had like three main characters or something I think it would be cool, but since there is such a large cast, it might be harder to do that. But I don't know, you might wanna design one with cast names and see how it does.

Nikki
Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

oooh...nonononono. that wasn't what i meant. we aren't designing the graphics to have any text on them other than the title of the board! i meant, like, list the actors names next to the characters as a reference for members of the team who aren't familiar with the show, but might know better what you are talking about with the actors names. either way, i don't need it anymore. i figured out which actors played which characters and who to leave out. heh. i was just being lazy.
Samantha #121
Old 06-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh okay, well if you need anything else, please let us know.

Nikki