Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

That's the thing...if they were doing a love story during that time, it should have been called something else. But I know alot of people were mad that it had nothing to do with the war really or that there was only 20 minutes of war. They felt it was disrespectful for those who died in that war.

The Chocolate Factory had Tim Burton written all over it! Wow. It was weird and wacky and I'm surprised the kids didn't go screaming from the theatres because there were some things that were kind of scary for little ones.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

How's everyone? Bumping up this thread.

Gay - I'm doing okay but not great.

I finally saw Charlie last week and I absolutley loved it. Johnny was brilliant as usual. And yeah, definitely Tim Burton all over it. @ Veruca Salt and the squirrels.

Man, I want this:

Tihana - Where are you? I miss you girl.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Tihana was away for awhile. She's back but don't know where she's been!!!

Abby, they are waiting for you to post your picture on the picture thread. Go on, I already did mine.

Glad you loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The squirrels were adorable but some things were kind of freaky. Those Oompa Loompas are freaky!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Yes, I got back the night before yesterday but I wanted to unpack and get some rest first. Hehe I'm happy too see I was missed, even if only a little bit. Anyway, I had so much fun there and I didn't wanna go back home. Things (and life in general) somehow seemed so simple there...And the sea...how I love the sea...no other things give me the same feeling. I was just so depressed and numb yesterday and then my friend came over and I was so annoyed
Right now icon and wp making is the only thing keeping me from going crazy.

The good news is that I got into the uni I applied for. I took English and Art History. Next year I might try at Art Academy (I didn't apply on time this year)...and if I get in, I may even go there. But I'd have to move to another town.

I updated my LJ's layout yesterday btw. Josh is Love.
And another thing. My mom didn't know how to tape Lost so I missed Born to Run and Exodus 1. I was so angry!

Hope I didn't bore you to death with all the talking. But people tell me I talk too little anyway so here it is.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Jazz - Yeah, some things were kinda dark. I'm a bit shy when it comes to pictures that's why I don't post pictures at the Mod thread. And Gay and Ryll have already seen me during our Pinoy gatherings. I'll find a pic soon.

Tihana - Ooh, your icon rocks. I love Sun. And you're back! Yay. We just got Born to Run yesterday and I started our Pinoy thread over at the Lost board. Kate's backstory bored me to death. She was more annoying than ever. lol: I loved the C/C scenes though. You're not a Kate fan, are you? And congrats on getting into the uni that you applied for. Oh and I love your Josh layout.

See, I talk to much too. Btw, I saw the Lost audition tapes on ET. Omfg. Jorge reading for Sawyer.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Oh come on Abby, you know what I look like, time for you to show me you!!!

I always love your icons Tihana. BTW, do you know how to do the banner on the top of the page on LJ? I'm so confused on how to do that!!!

I always love every scene with C/C Hee-hee! I saw the bloopers on ET the day before.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 08-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

abby: yeah dont be shy.....im sure its not just jazz who wanted to see U. ohh we have photos in EB's. maybe U could ask gill for the pics. i can't b'liv that hurley might be sawyer and Y is 'ti ian is eating chocs??
Old 08-13-2005, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby-anne
Btw, I saw the Lost audition tapes on ET. Omfg. Jorge reading for Sawyer.
Omg... I wanna see that!
I love Sun (and Jin)...I'm still not sure about Kate...she kinda annoys me but I love her scenes with Sawyer (well I love all scenes with Sawyer...lol)

Jazz -

body {
background-color: #E3DDB3;
background-image: url( url of your banner here );
background-position: 50% 0%;
background-attachment:absolute;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Jazz - Hee. I'll find some decent pics. I haven't seen the bloopers yet. The Alias bloopers are great too. Btw, we're getting Sisterhood next, next week. I saw the trailer!

Ryll - Yeah. Wait lang. And not the EB pics.

Tihana - I love Sun too. She's my fave female character now. And Yunjin rocks. Since you asked for it, Lost audition tapes . I want to ask about LJ layout too. I suck with overrides.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

11 megs damn! that's too much...
I suck with overrides too I got this one from a friend and I'm just adding simple codes, like images, colors and stuff like that. Plus you can see i still haven't found a way to allign the banner and the entries box
Old 08-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelle
body {
background-color: #E3DDB3;
background-image: url( url of your banner here );
background-position: 50% 0%;
background-attachment:absolute;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
Thank you! But where do we put it? I mean, take me step by step on where to put it ie Go to Manage, Customize etc.

Abby, yay for Sisterhood!!! I love that movie, it's so cute and says a very nice message. I don't know, I rather enjoyed it. But I also love Alexis Bledel and Amber Tamberlyn.

My coach is getting tough on me now on my horse. I know she wants me to do the best that I can. We had a crappy lesson last week but today was much better.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 08-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

abby no rush with the pic. but not too long. and why not feeling great? What happened?

rebelle's back! And I love your avatar. And I don't mind your quite long post. I love the sea, it is one inspiring place for me. I find my muse just by looking at the horizon. Arghhh... I miss it. I sometime hate living in the city.
Congrats on your uni life! that was great to hear.

Jazz Yes, I agree with the title change. Pearl Harbor, eventhough I'm inlove with the movie, it didn't tackle much of the war. I think the must've used the stuff that happened in Pearl Harbor to sell the film. But i still love how the executed the love story. I'm a sucker for melodramatic movies sometimes.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnicky
Jazz Yes, I agree with the title change. Pearl Harbor, eventhough I'm inlove with the movie, it didn't tackle much of the war. I think the must've used the stuff that happened in Pearl Harbor to sell the film. But i still love how the executed the love story. I'm a sucker for melodramatic movies sometimes.
I think that's what killed the film. If they had used the backdrop of the war and changed the title, I don't think people would have minded. When you see a title, you expect that the focus is what it is. Let's say Titanic. There was a love story involved, yes, but it allowed the viewers to see the ship, see the various classes, see the beauty of it and experience what it was like when the ship sank. Which is why this movie was in the box office for such a long time. People go to see it over and over again even though they know what happens in the end. Hell, I saw it five times. But the fact is, I loved the ship, The Titanic. Where I was born, it's not far from where it sank.

It's risky to call something an event when it really doesn't have much to do with the event. There are tons of movies about WWI and WWII with love stories attached. However, all of them are not called WWI and WWII.

I'm not really into love stories all that much. It depends on how it plays out and how it blends into the story. But that's the film person in me. After going to film school, I started to see movies in a whole different light.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 08-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

thanks, shnicky

Jazz - I'll pm you later about the code

btw mods, where's the new ABCs thread? Am I blind?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

There is none! Huh! Anyone want to start one?

I look forward to the PM. I am so lost in the world of codes!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove