Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen the moderator of the gg board send me a bunch of gg stuff on Christmas and invited me to one in Texas a year or two ago. I couldn't go but you can pm her about it.

My favorite one sw is empire strikes back
Old 04-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Alison! Hi, Maria! I hope you both have a great Easter weekend!

I'm glad you like Star Trek too, Maria. But I lost interest in Star Trek after the Next Generation movies ended. I'm not a big fan of the new Star Trek stuff.

I'm not that into conventions anymore either, Maria. I'm glad you like Empire Strikes Back. I saw that when it came out in 1980, and I remember the lines were all the way down the length of the mall.

I wouldn't like Comic Con because I despise what Hollywood has been doing with comic book movies lately. The DC movies and Marvel movies have deviated way too far from the source material and they're just not fun anymore. When Hollywood injects too much of their own personal crap into these movies they ruin it.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

ESB is my favorite SW movie from the original trilogy

that must’ve been so cool Alex but I know ppl were shocked when it was revealed that Vader was Luke’s father
Old 04-19-2019, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That must been cool to get from the theatre. My brother spoiled it to me from a book lol. I was shocked but the reveal was still amazing on video

I still like the mcu and some D.C but not enough to commit to going to a convention unless I am in the area or i am friends with someone whose into that sort of thing.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
That must been cool to get from the theatre. My brother spoiled it to me from a book lol. I was shocked but the reveal was still amazing on video

I still like the mcu and some D.C but not enough to commit to going to a convention unless I am in the area or i am friends with someone whose into that sort of thing.
Aww, I'm sorry you got spoiled, Maria. I'm glad you still were able to enjoy the movie. This is why I was against the prequel trilogy. I felt that those movies would ruin the original trilogy for those who hadn't seen them yet. I also didn't like how the movies were made, except for Revenge of the Sith.

Well, I'm a comic book fan, so I demand that Hollywood respect the source material and not deviate too far. I understand making some changes for the sake of running length, but not making so many changes that it destroys the story and characters and nothing makes any sense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
ESB is my favorite SW movie from the original trilogy

that must’ve been so cool Alex but I know ppl were shocked when it was revealed that Vader was Luke’s father
ESB is generally considered the best, Alison. Although I'll never forget what it was like to be 7 years old and watch the original Star Wars on a warm summer night in 1977 for the very first time. It was magical. And the original release had no extra title over the opening intro scroll. It was just called "Star Wars" with no Episode IV: A New Hope. That got added on later in the 1979 re-release.

Yep, I remember being in the cinema in 1980 when the big reveal happened. When Vader says, "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father," I was shocked because for a split second I thought I knew what was coming, and when Luke said, "He told me enough. He told me YOU killed him!" I was like, uh oh... and then Vader said, "No... I am your father." The entire audience gasped. It was one of those great audience experiences that you can only get in the cinema, not on home video or cable.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm glad you like Star Trek too, Maria. But I lost interest in Star Trek after the Next Generation movies ended. I'm not a big fan of the new Star Trek stuff.

I wouldn't like Comic Con because I despise what Hollywood has been doing with comic book movies lately. The DC movies and Marvel movies have deviated way too far from the source material and they're just not fun anymore. When Hollywood injects too much of their own personal crap into these movies they ruin it.
I’m Allison

I actually didn’t really watch any Star Trek until the J.J. Abrams movie

and I haven’t liked Marvel as much since the Disney takeover except for Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 04-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think are posts got mushed together it happens I liked the second Star Trek and the first I don't remember much except jennifer Morrison married to Chris hemsworth giving birth to Chris pine lol

I love the Guardians. their my favorites after Thor and iron man
Yeah my least favorite is phantom menace. The other two prequel movies I don't love but their are some really good scenes. Plus the I hate sand is just fun to watch for the lol. I do need to see Clone wars they say Matt lantner makes a good Anakin and fixes some of the prequel prequel problems from what people say.

Last edited by fox24; 04-20-2019 at 08:11 PM
Old 04-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh man yes if you haven’t seen Clone Wars already you’re really missing out

binge-watched it for the 1st time five years ago and it was great
Old 04-21-2019, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry I wasn't online for a bit.... Something got in the way... Doing some damage control now

Happy Easter!! Any fun plans??

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-21-2019, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a quiet dinner with my mom
Old 04-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I went skiing at Tahoe yesterday
Old 04-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you had a good time!
Old 04-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Easter, everyone!

I know you celebrate next week, Arinna.

That sounds great, Alison! I hope you had a good time!

I hope you had a nice dinner with your mom, Maria!

Old 04-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute
Old 04-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That sounds great, Alison! I hope you had a good time!

I did. I hadn’t skiied in 3 years so it was nice to be back again.

took a picture with an Easter bunny at the hotel yesterday before I left

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 04-22-2019 at 11:07 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread